- South Africa
View Other Details
FGASA exam and registration fees
Basic Wilderness First Aid
SASSETA Firearm Proficiency
Cybertracker Track and Sign and Trailing qualification
Bushwise Professional Field Guide certificate
Additional training including bird specialist, hospitality, photography, 4x4, reserve management, and more
Shared accommodation in fenced camp near Big 5 reserve
Training conducted by experienced long-term staff
Online masterclasses led by industry experts
Two sets of uniforms
T-shirt, fleece jacket, cap and beanie
All meals (except during off weeks)
Additional activities including trips to Kruger National Park and more
See price details for everything included.
We do assist with providing the necessary letter for your study visa.
Is your goal to become a safari guide or to work in the competitive field of ecotourism? No matter where you’re from in the world, you can become an African safari guide with Bushwise Field Guides. This is an incredible way to launch your wildlife career or spend a gap year experiencing African wildlife and conservation first-hand.
Spend six or 12 months living and training in the South African bushveld, conduct game drives and bush walks in Big 5 game reserves and become a qualified safari guide. You’ll train as a safari guide and earn certificates from the Field Guides Association of Southern Africa (FGASA).
To aid in your wildlife career development, this course offers a range of placement options that provide experience in more wide-ranging areas in the conservation, research, and field guiding industries. Subjects covered include ecology, botany, and taxonomy, as well as bushcraft and survival skills like track and sign, advanced rifle handling and 4x4 driving.
- Train in a Big 5 game reserve close to South Africa’s famous Kruger National Park and live with like-minded people in a fenced camp in the wilderness.
- Observe animal behavior and interactions in the wild and learn how to host a guided experience.
- Train under passionate professionals, industry experts and award-winning trainers.
- Jump-start your conservation career through a 6-month work placement at a reserve, lodge or conservation organization.
- Earn valuable certificates from FGASA, Bushwise, SASSETA, CATHSSETA and more.