- South Korea
View Other Details
-host university housing information assistance
-personalized pre-departure advising
-immigration visa guidance
-parental support and advisement
-scholarship advising and assistance
-student health insurance
-airport transfer available on certain days
-shuttle service to four locations in Seoul
-university-organized field trips at no or little cost
-Kookmin University mandatory orientation in Seoul
Seoul is located in the northwest corner of South Korea and the Han River winds through the city, splitting it in two. It is an intriguing city, transforming itself from the Yi Dynasty capital of the Hermit Kingdom to a major mover and shaker on the international scene, especially in the fields of commerce and sports.
Kookmin University is one of the leading private universities in Korea, with a total of 15 various colleges and 15 postgraduate schools. Founded in 1946, Kookmin University was the first national private university in Korea after being liberated from Japan. It is currently the seventh-largest university in Seoul and is home to nearly 24,000 students.
Check out the USAC Website for more information!
- Kookmin University, the oldest national private university in Korea, located in North Seoul near beautiful Bukhansan National Park
- Explore historic and modern Korea, known as the Land of the Morning Calm because of its mild coastal and mountainous climate
- Learn calligraphy, danso (bamboo flute), Korean cuisine, and more from eminent local and foreign professors
- Enjoy bike or ferry rides along the Han River, entertainment and shopping, and visits to local temples through the center of bustling Seoul
- Choose from a diverse range of courses at not only Kookmin University, but Yonsei as well, all while living in one of the most “wired” cities in the world.
USAC Scholarships and Financial Aid
USAC awards over $2 million in scholarships and discounts each year to assist students with their study abroad expenses.