AIFS Study Abroad in Granada, Spain: Summer Program

On one of the excursions to Morocco.
View from the Alhambra. Absolutely beautiful!
Found in one of the alley ways.
AIFS Granada, Spain

Spend your summer in Granada, Spain with AIFS! Earn up to 19.5 credits at the University of Granada. Courses taught in English and Spanish.

Students with an Upper Advanced level of Spanish can participate in the University of Granada’s Business Internship Program. Through this internship, you’ll enhance your resume by applying academic training to work experience in local businesses, mainly hotels. The Business Internship Program is only available to students enrolled in session 2 and 4 combined.

In Granada, you will live in a student apartment or, for an additional fee, in a Spanish homestay or student residence. The apartment option includes a meal allowance, the homestay includes 3 meals a day, and the student residence option includes 3 meals Monday through Saturday.

You’ll enjoy included cultural and social activities, as well excursions to Alhambra and Generalife Gardens, Seville and Cordoba, and Costa del Sol. Various optional excursions are also available.

• Transcripts issued by the University of Granada
  • Excursion to Alhambra and Generalife gardens
  • Horseback riding in the Sierra Nevada mountains

AIFS Study Abroad Scholarships
AIFS Study Abroad Scholarships, Grants & Financial Support

We believe a study abroad experience is an essential component of well-rounded university education and we are committed to providing financial assistance to as many students as possible in support of their goal to study abroad.

$500 - $5,000

Malorie

Granada, Spain is the place to go!

I was very nervous about knowing little to no Spanish and living in Spain. The abroad directors helped with ANYTHING you needed. They really were fantastic. Being integrated in the culture in Granada really allowed me to feel at ease and I left with more knowledge than expected. Granada really is a beautiful city and there were so many new things I would find every day. Mae West was like nothing else, a fun gem where you would find locals and foreigners. The Alhambra was amazing from any view. So glad I chose Granda over a huge city like Barcelona or Madrid.

The program was great. Wish I would have stayed longer than just a Summer!
Lauren

Getting lost

Sam and I had stayed until the very end of the fair. The lights were shutting off and the shuttles were making their last runs. We hopped on the bus that would take us in the direction of our home, then fell into a relaxed conversation. 20 minutes later we hear the bus driver telling everybody to get off. We had arrived at the last stop. This stop happened to be unfamiliar to us both and even worse, the street we were on was beyond the edge of the paper map we cared. So here we were, lost in a foreign city with no cell phone service and little Spanish-speaking skills. We roamed for 30 minutes before we came upon a crowded bar, and at that point we were desperate enough to ask (in broken Spanish) how to get home. 4 men and 1 woman smoked their cigarettes and eagerly offered advice, all telling us at once to take different routes. One man and the woman insisted on giving us a ride. I was hesitant, hearing my moms warnings in the back of my mind, but finally Sam and I decided to take their offer. Ten minutes later, to our relief, we arrived in front of my apartment. The lesson I learned? Trust intuition when making judgements and always carry an elaborate map.

Morgan

Small city, big things

I loved Granada. I could walk anywhere I needed to go but always found something new to explore. There's something for everyone...shops, beaches, hiking, and nightlife. The program staff is the most helpful duo you can find. I felt at home.

Maybe a study program to help with homework and classes.