AIFS Study Abroad in Granada: Summer

AIFS Study Abroad in Granada: Summer

Spend the summer studying with AIFS in the captivating city of Granada. Spend 4, 6, 8, 10 or 12 weeks earning up to 10 credits (or more when combining sessions) studying Spanish language and culture. No previous Spanish study required.

Choose a homestay, student apartment, or residence hall, all with meal plan options. Enjoy trips to Seville, Córdoba and the Costa del Sol – as well as numerous cultural activities, such as horseback riding, a tour of the Alhambra Palace, and tapas evenings with Spanish students. Options include a 3-day trip to Morocco.

Granada, perched between the Sierra Nevada and the Mediterranean, has a cosmopolitan air, but retains the feel of a small, welcoming Andalusian town. Traces of Moorish, Gothic, Renaissance, and Baroque architecture can be found around every corner. Granada gives students the chance to be immersed in the Spanish language, culture, culture, cuisine and tradition in a city renowned for its cultural heritage and fusion.

Europe » Spain » Granada
Meals
Some Activities
Travel Insurance
Wifi
AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Comprehensive fees cover tuition and housing with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages are available.

Malorie
Fort Myers
Florida Gulf Coast University

Granada, Spain is the place to go!

I was very nervous about knowing little to no Spanish and living in Spain. The abroad directors helped with ANYTHING you needed. They really were fantastic. Being integrated in the culture in Granada really allowed me to feel at ease and I left with more knowledge than expected. Granada really is a beautiful city and there were so many new things I would find every day. Mae West was like nothing else, a fun gem where you would find locals and foreigners. The Alhambra was amazing from any view. So glad I chose Granda over a huge city like Barcelona or Madrid.

The program was great. Wish I would have stayed longer than just a Summer!

Lauren
TEXAS
University of North Texas

Getting lost

Sam and I had stayed until the very end of the fair. The lights were shutting off and the shuttles were making their last runs. We hopped on the bus that would take us in the direction of our home, then fell into a relaxed conversation. 20 minutes later we hear the bus driver telling everybody to get off. We had arrived at the last stop. This stop happened to be unfamiliar to us both and even worse, the street we were on was beyond the edge of the paper map we cared. So here we were, lost in a foreign city with no cell phone service and little Spanish-speaking skills. We roamed for 30 minutes before we came upon a crowded bar, and at that point we were desperate enough to ask (in broken Spanish) how to get home. 4 men and 1 woman smoked their cigarettes and eagerly offered advice, all telling us at once to take different routes. One man and the woman insisted on giving us a ride. I was hesitant, hearing my moms warnings in the back of my mind, but finally Sam and I decided to take their offer. Ten minutes later, to our relief, we arrived in front of my apartment. The lesson I learned? Trust intuition when making judgements and always carry an elaborate map.

Morgan
Monroeville, NJ
Rowan University

Small city, big things

I loved Granada. I could walk anywhere I needed to go but always found something new to explore. There's something for everyone...shops, beaches, hiking, and nightlife. The program staff is the most helpful duo you can find. I felt at home.

Maybe a study program to help with homework and classes.

AIFS is a leading provider of study abroad programs. Since 1964, more than 1.5 million students have traveled abroad with AIFS. Comprehensive program fees make it convenient for students to study abroad and experience all that the world has to offer.

With over half a