Spanish Language & Hispanic Studies Program at the UB

The Spanish Language & Hispanic Studies Program at the Universitat de Barcelona (UB) will ensure your language abilities skyrocket! This program is designed for international students that are looking to take most of their courses in Spanish, but at a level for non-native speakers – providing you with the perfect balance of challenge and comfort!

Founded in 1450, the Universitat de Barcelona (UB) is the oldest and largest university in the Catalonia region and boasts an annual student population of over 90,000. It has always placed importance on international relations and for many years it has been the leader among European universities to host international students – around 5,000 students annually.

The UB offers an Estudios Hispanicos program taught in Spanish for non-native or fluent speakers and is based on Spanish and Latin American culture.

For more information, please visit the Barcelona SAE website.

Jessica

Would go back any day!

This program was designed so well. I went for a semester with a group from my university. We were greeted by the amazing staff and from day 1 exciting activities were planned. The staff really got to know you and they were very willing to work with my group and professor to fit the program so we would have the best and most fun learning experience. The staff always took time to check in with us. I also took some of my favorite classes during this program. The professors not only would teach us with a lot of passion, they also took us out and about in the city for experiential learning. These were genuinely some of the best months of my life - I highly recommend BarcelonaSAE to anyone!

N/A
Armida

Truly an experience of a lifetime

Thanks to the Barcelona SAE program I had the opportunity to visit the city of my dreams. Prior to going to Barcelona the staff was extremely helpful and would quickly answer the many questions that I had. It was definitely nerve racking to go to a foreign country not knowing anyone; however the Barcelona SAE staff gave me clear instructions about my stay and it was relieving to see someone with a "Barcelona SAE" sign when I landed. My adventure began when I was dropped off at my host families house the place that would become my home while completing my semester abroad. My host mom was so welcoming! She showed me around our neighborhood and I quickly got to know my way around this beautiful city. I attended the University of Barcelona, an astonishing school in both education and the architecture of its buildings. I went to school with locals and other international students and the professors were amazing as well. I took language and cultural classes that at times were a little tough but still very interesting. While abroad I planned trips around Europe with the friends that I made within my program but the Barcelona SAE staff also planned many trips for us. The trips were planned out well and I had a great time at each and every one of them. We went to Sevilla, Besalu, Sitges, and Morocco to name a few. The Barcelona SAE team was always willing to help and they planned the most heart felt goodbye dinner. I truly fell in love with Barcelona and I submerged myself in its culture. Towards the end of my visit I took the metro like a local and I had tried all kinds of 'tapas. 'I will never forget my four months in Barcelona. I strongly recommend the Barcelona SAE program because I had the experience of a lifetime and you can too!

Skyler

Summer Fun

I spent summer 2016 in Barcelona with Barcelona SAE. I was 1 of 2 students whom stayed for the full 8 week program. I was placed in a homestay with 3 crazy boys and an AMAZING house Mom Nani! I would do the program all over again a just to have Nani as my mom!! My roommates were like brothers. We went to eat brunch on the weekends and took a trip to France for a couple days. My classmates became close friends! We spent our afternoons exploring the city, snacking (of course), and somehow still finishing homework! I loved being able to walk to/from school and take in all the amazing architecture and hustle and bustle of the city. Coming from a small farming town I was nervous about being in another country and HUGE city for so long. But I came to absolutely love Barcelona and the program! Through my classes and the program I have almost completed my Spanish minor in hopes of teaching Spanish some day. My love for traveling grew and last summer I taught in the Bahamas! I will never forget the cionnection I made to Barcelona, the Spanish language and culture, and friends!!

Alexis

Review

Studying abroad in Barcelona was the best decision I’ve made in my college career. It was such an incredible experience and I have learned things that I never would have imagined happening. Even though it was a great experience, there were definitely up and downs. I was difficult to adjust at first and get used to the classes and culture but by the end of my time abroad I had fallen in love with the Spanish culture and implement parts of it back into my life back in the states.

This program advertised on their website that they offer 3 weekends trips which I was excited about but when I got there I found out that we have to choose one out of the three instead of going on all of them included in our program which my friends and I were pretty disappointed about because that was a factor that pushed us into choosing this program.
Billy

Great Time

Not only did I pick up a little spanish on my trip as intended - but I had a blast the entire time. Everything you’ve heard about Barcelona is true - I highly recommend you go for yourself. Great cuisine, beaches, architecture... a hip young scene.

The people running the program were very chill and accommodating. They incorporated cultural experiences like learning how to make paella and trips to local Roman ruins into the trip. I made quick friends with many of the people in the program and I think I can speak for all of us in vouching for it.

Not sure.

About Barcelona Study Abroad Experience (SAE)

Barcelona SAE is the specialist in Barcelona study and intern abroad. We use the city of Barcelona to offer students and universities boutique, personalized programs, focused on cultural immersion, a wide variety of quality academic options, and all...