Master in Environomical Pathways for Sustainable Energy Systems

Real-world energy challenges. Collaborative solutions. A sustainable tomorrow.

MSc SELECT is where you can learn how to make a real contribution to minimizing the environmental impact of current and future energy systems. Students learn to address societal challenges with technical solutions, to explore the part played by innovation and commerce, and to understand the role and responsibility of engineers in a more sustainable energy industry.

MSc SELECT covers all aspects of the energy transition: that is, the move away from current fossil fuel systems to more sustainable alternatives.

You will join students from all over the world at two different universities and one of Europe’s leading business schools. Thanks to the quality of the theoretical and practical technical education, innovation management and business skills, our students and graduates have also won several prestigious prizes over the years.

• SELECT Grand Challenge projects
  • Innovation and Entrepreneurship
  • Work on live business cases with companies
  • Two years, two universities, two Master's degrees
  • Europe's largest ecosystem for sustainable energy

Rudolph

An Incomparable Overall Experience

Prior to joining the MSc InnoEnergy SELECT program I was working in the US in a great job, but I knew I was more interested to work toward something that I truly believe in, renewable energy. Through a long thought process, I came to find the InnoEnergy program and it permitted me to gain the education I wanted, not only focused on the technical studies, but on the innovation, management, and business-mindedness side that I was also interested in developing. What's more, the program gave me another opportunity to travel as the mobility in the program is not just an opportunity, it's necessary. I have lived in Spain and Portugal through this program, and visited many other locations for academic purposes as well. This master's program is unlike anything I've ever encountered anywhere else.

Rachel

An experience of a lifetime

I really enjoyed my experience in the SELECT program. While there are still some kinks they are working out due to it being a pretty new program (started 2011) I grew immensely as a professional both through academics and also through soft skills. Being in a program in two different programs also meant meeting so many new people with different backgrounds and learning the culture of the two countries you are in. Through the CommUnity you can also be involved in planning events and being a leader in different ways. The SELECT program is also different since it's not heavily engineering-focused, you get a multidisciplinary education. I would highly recommend it to anyone all over the world who has a passion for a sustainable future!

The first year of the SELECT program is still a bit messy due to taking classes from two different universities (UPC in Barcelona and KTH in Stockholm). The remote courses can be challenging due to bad connections and sometimes classes will overlap due to the different school schedules at the two universities. Hopefully from constant feedback from the students, things will improve in this respect.
Jacob

MSc SELECT

Great programme overall and a wonderful opportunity to travel to 2 countries and meet an immense number of passionate people from across the world. The "knowledge triangle" of industry, eduction and business is well established and acts as a perfect setting for whoever is eager to grab their opportunities and formulate a career in one of the most important and dynamic industries and playing a role in the energy transition. Endless "KAVAs" known as KIC added value activities such as an Project of the Year with industry clients etc. Highly recommended!

About InnoEnergy Master's School

The InnoEnergy Master’s School is the go-to-destination for tomorrow’s sustainable energy professionals.

Kick-start your career: Design the future you really want. We help you get there with a double degree from our top-class universities, training...