Application Deadline

Round 1: 11 December - 22 February
Deadline to submit English test: 15 March

Round 2: 25 February - 22 April
Deadline to submit English test: 10 May

Real-world energy challenges. Collaborative solutions. A sustainable tomorrow.

MSc SELECT is where you can learn how to make a real contribution to minimizing the environmental impact of current and future energy systems. Students learn to address societal challenges with technical solutions, to explore the part played by innovation and commerce, and to understand the role and responsibility of engineers in a more sustainable energy industry.

MSc SELECT covers all aspects of the energy transition: that is, the move away from current fossil fuel systems to more sustainable alternatives.

You will join students from all over the world at two different universities and one of Europe’s leading business schools. Thanks to the quality of the theoretical and practical technical education, innovation management and business skills, our students and graduates have also won several prestigious prizes over the years.

• SELECT Grand Challenge projects
  • Innovation and Entrepreneurship
  • Work on live business cases with companies
  • Two years, two universities, two Master's degrees
  • Europe's largest ecosystem for sustainable energy

Valentina

Master in Environomical Pathways for Sustainable Energy Systems

My personal experience with this Master program has been very insightful. I have leaned about Renewable energies and sustainability not only in the class room but also from being around the industry since we get the opportunity to work with real life projects, attend seminars and events about the topic. Apart from this, the program is also focused on developing entrepreneurial and project management skills. We take business courses at some of the best business universities of Europe such as ESADE and Católica Business School.
What I have enjoyed the most is the international experience. We travel to different countries in Europe for the business courses and even outside Europe for our yearly projects. Apart from this, I have learned a lot and opened my mind thanks to all the people I have meet from all around the world.
Another plus are the close opportunities you get to find internships and jobs within the industry.

The first year of SELECT (Master in Environomical Pathways for Sustainable Energy Systems) is done in collaboration of KTH in Stockholm and UPC in Barcelona, were the KTH clases are followed by Skype in Barcelona and the UPC clases are followed by Skype in Stockholm. Personally I am not a fan of the virtual interaction with the professor. I prefer personal clases.
Damiano

Master in Environomical Pathways for Sustainable Energy Systems

This program has given me a lot! From an educational perspective, I had the opportunity to travel around Europe, and study in some of the best universities in the field of engineering, innovation, and sustainability. On top of that, I had the chance to participate in a crash course on entrepreneurship in ESADE (one of the best business schools in the world), to challenge myself in hackathons, and network in some of the top conferences about energy and sustainability.
The program covers a lot of topics in the first year (from energy efficiency to microeconomics) and gives a lot of freedom to specialize in the second year allowing to chose a different location as well as different courses. The thesis can be really the opportunity to deepen the knowledge on a topic and collaborate with the industry.

There is a lot more than that, in fact, by travelling so much I got so many insights about people, different cultures and myself. I met amazing people and built long-lasting friendships. In short, this program has broadened my horizons and has made me confident in my ability to make a change. I also got the fortune of having a full scholarship that made my student life much easier and funnier.

I recommend this program to all the people that want to put themselves on the front of the battle for a more sustainable future.

This program is quite young and it is the product of the collaboration of different institutions, therefore in the past years, not everything had been smooth from an organizational perspective. However, the organizers were aware of it and proactive in helping with the different issues.
Efraín

Amazing experiene

The program offered me plenty of opportunities to increase my awareness and knowledge around sustainability on a global context. While the study program is broad in terms of academic studies, meaning that there is no true specialization in one specific topic, it is an excellent opportunity to get to know more general themes that will allow you to, according to your proactivity, specialize in a certain theme you prefer. While I focused on market and innovation, other colleagues went for more specific like market modeling or policies. I am really happy to say that it is up to you to take the best advantage of this program, and if you trully do it, you will not regret it

More structure in the program, but as far as I have seen, this has been solved since it was a common issue many of us arose.
Markus

Great and very special Maste's Program

The program takes a very comprehensive approach to energy engineering and all topics related with the energy transition in Europe and worlwide. Besides technical engineering classes also business, entrepreneurship and economics is taught.

The program is a great experience and besides the 2 countries that you will be living in there are many other opportunities for traveling for academic and leisure activities. You will make friends from countries all over the world.

Rudolph

An Incomparable Overall Experience

Prior to joining the MSc InnoEnergy SELECT program I was working in the US in a great job, but I knew I was more interested to work toward something that I truly believe in, renewable energy. Through a long thought process, I came to find the InnoEnergy program and it permitted me to gain the education I wanted, not only focused on the technical studies, but on the innovation, management, and business-mindedness side that I was also interested in developing. What's more, the program gave me another opportunity to travel as the mobility in the program is not just an opportunity, it's necessary. I have lived in Spain and Portugal through this program, and visited many other locations for academic purposes as well. This master's program is unlike anything I've ever encountered anywhere else.

Rachel

An experience of a lifetime

I really enjoyed my experience in the SELECT program. While there are still some kinks they are working out due to it being a pretty new program (started 2011) I grew immensely as a professional both through academics and also through soft skills. Being in a program in two different programs also meant meeting so many new people with different backgrounds and learning the culture of the two countries you are in. Through the CommUnity you can also be involved in planning events and being a leader in different ways. The SELECT program is also different since it's not heavily engineering-focused, you get a multidisciplinary education. I would highly recommend it to anyone all over the world who has a passion for a sustainable future!

The first year of the SELECT program is still a bit messy due to taking classes from two different universities (UPC in Barcelona and KTH in Stockholm). The remote courses can be challenging due to bad connections and sometimes classes will overlap due to the different school schedules at the two universities. Hopefully from constant feedback from the students, things will improve in this respect.
Jacob

MSc SELECT

Great programme overall and a wonderful opportunity to travel to 2 countries and meet an immense number of passionate people from across the world. The "knowledge triangle" of industry, eduction and business is well established and acts as a perfect setting for whoever is eager to grab their opportunities and formulate a career in one of the most important and dynamic industries and playing a role in the energy transition. Endless "KAVAs" known as KIC added value activities such as an Project of the Year with industry clients etc. Highly recommended!

About InnoEnergy Master's School

InnoEnergy Master’s School is a go-to-destination for tomorrow’s sustainable energy professionals as we are continuously pioneering change within the industry.

With 14 top universities, three business schools and over 200 business partners across...