Forum-Nexus Study Abroad Program: 9 Cities in 1 Month

Forum-Nexus Study Abroad Program: 9 Cities in 1 Month

Curriculum Highlights: Multi-country summer program in Europe: Earn 8 credits in the summer while studying in 9 amazing European cities. Students from the U.S. and other countries travel together (with the professors) taking classes, visiting universities, companies, and international organizations. Open to all majors. U.S.-accredited university. Acquire a solid understanding of European culture, economy, and society. You will improve your marketability for jobs by greatly increasing your International IQ.

Our courses are sponsored by two European universities: Franklin University in Switzerland, and Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore in Italy.

Join Forum-Nexus Study Abroad for our 28th year of successful summer programs in Europe.

Europe » Netherlands » Amsterdam
Letters of Recommendation
Age Requirement
Application Fee
Fees include:

• Tuition for one or two courses (3 or 6 credits) plus the mandatory International IQ course (2 credits)
• Accommodation in 4- and 5-star hotels
• Buffet breakfast in all hotels
• Professional visits
• All transportation within Europe between Amsterdam and Rome, by private coach or high-speed train
• Health insurance
• Welcome reception
• Farewell dinner
Chamonix, France; Italy, Como

Kyrsten
Raleigh, NC
North Carolina State University

One of a kind experience!

Forum-Nexus offers so many amazing opportunities for people who want to see the world in a unique way. It works for people who have a picky check-list for a study abroad program: a lengthy amount of time in the summer, traveling throughout Europe, with a great group of students from all over who want to meet new people and see new things. The main cities are excellently chosen because they are all iconic and provide balance throughout your travels. You get to see big busy cities, fun laid-back cities, and even smaller hidden-gem towns. The classes are fun and super informative across every place you visit, and you get to walk outside the hotel and see everything you've always heard of. Then you get professional visits that give you a unique perspective of the cultures and industries, and there are cultural tours to show you the significance of each place throughout history.

Forum-Nexus is also the perfect blend of structure and flexibility, so you can follow the group for activities or go on your own for afternoons and weekends. You get to really cater the experience to what YOU want, and Forum-Nexus is there to ensure you get the most out of it! In my travels with Forum-Nexus, I gained skills for adapting to new environments and relating to people from different cultures. Forum-Nexus is perfect because it's fun but you grow so much as a person, and it opens up your world so much! Forum-Nexus works because it attracts amazing staff members and students. The staff is passionate about raising your international IQ through learning opportunities, but they also care about giving you time to enjoy the cities. I feel so connected to the world from traveling, meeting people, seeing landmarks, learning about the history and culture and technology, and loving every second of it. In just a few words, Forum-Nexus is: dynamic, adventure, quality, family.

If only it was year-round!

Krysten
Mankato, MN
Minnesota State University- Mankato

This is Forum-Nexus!

I had the time of my life studying abroad for 5 weeks with Forum-Nexus! We toured to so many iconic destinations, historical landmarks and beautiful countries in such a short period of time. There was always something to do and see every day, and there was never a dull moment during the entire trip. The staff and Hugo were full of infectious energy all the time and they were incredibly helpful with everything leading up to and throughout the program. The entire program was very organized and safe, and overall very well put together. Forum-Nexus offers something for everyone interested. The classes were all extremely interesting and relevant, and the professors were very engaged. What you learn in the classroom carries into where you’re touring that day and the professional and cultural visits were all incredible and a unique aspect to Forum-Nexus. I met some of the best people on this trip and I had so much fun every single day. This program is truly one of a kind and it was absolutely amazing. Be prepared to dance and sing every day and have the time of your life with Forum-Nexus! I really couldn’t recommend this program enough!

Hailey

Forum-Nexus is the absolute best!

Forum-Nexus is the best program out there, hands down. Being able to see so many amazing countries in such a short amount of time was an absolutely wonderful experience! As Hugo the director would say, you get a little "flavor" of each country and that's exactly what I got! I learned about several different cultures, languages, historically important places, people and events, and so much more! Learning from people who have such different perspectives and backgrounds was also extremely interesting and really enriched my experience in Europe. I learned more about myself than I ever thought possible and have such an appreciation for the world we live in all thanks to traveling and learning with Forum-Nexus!

Rachel
Ohio
Ohio University

Best Summer of my Life

When people ask about my study abroad experience with Forum-Nexus I tell them that it was truly the best summer of my life. When looking into studying abroad program I wanted one with a strong community, interesting classes, the ability to travel and one where people made good friends. This program provided those and so much more! The people I met are people I will be friends with forever, the places we go are spectacular and the memories are unforgettable. This trip was the perfect balance of education and fun. The staff are professional and experienced which made being half way across the world very comfortable. Overall, Forum-Nexus provides a study abroad experience like no other. If I could do this program every summer for the rest of my life I would. 10/10 would recommend!

Lindsey
Miami, Florida
Florida Gulf Coast University

Forum Nexus

This past summer with Forum Nexus has been the best summer of my life. I am so happy I went on this trip and was able to experience all of the things that I did. Forum Nexus allows you to visit five different countries with five different cultures, allowing you to improve your international IQ. They also allow weekend excursions and day trips to other cities and countries allowing you to enhance your international IQ even more. On this trip, you will make livelong friends and have the time of your life. I would recommend this trip to everyone.

Elizabeth
3 months old
Fayetteville, AR
University of Arkansas- Fayetteville

This is FORUM NEXUS

My experience with Forum Nexus was unlike anything I have ever done and unlike anything I will ever do! I got first hand experience in learning European history, culture and values! I got pushed to learn my own cultural background and was embraced and loved for being my own self! I got to learn more about myself and more about appreciating people who are different that I am. The travel was incredible as well. We got to travel to Barcelona, Chamonix, Nimes, Paris, Milan, Lugano, Geneva, Rome, Santorini and Rhodes all in five weeks. I receive eight credits that counted towards my degree and hours for my hospitality internship. I felt safe traveling with Forum Nexus and worry free. The staff is caring, loving and fun! It is the best combination of a learning environment while still having the independence to discover parts of Europe that you've always dreamed of experiencing. Forum Nexus is unlike any other study abroad program. 1000x would recommend!!!

There is no way to improve the program!! its perfect

Jordan
Newark, Delaware
University of Delaware

Amazing learning and cultural experience

This program was incredible! I got to travel to five different countries see so many things and immerse into all the different cultures. I got to meet new people as I traveled and made new friends. The teachers were so committed to not only teaching but to making sure you really learned and enjoyed the experience! We stayed in beautiful hotels everywhere we went. The group of strangers that I met when I first arrived became close friends and family by the end of the trip. The entire trip was amazing and I wish it could have been longer.

Spend more time in each city because everyone was amazing!

Karim

A REAL LIFE-CHANGING EXPERIENCE!

My summer with Forum-Nexus was an incredible experience. Visiting all these beautiful places in Europe really changes your perspective. It makes you discover yourself and definitely explore other cultures. The professors and the staff were really so friendly and helpful. The hotels were amazing. The best part was that I made a lot of friends from different parts of the world. I would recommend this program to anybody interested in life-changing summer experience.

Christina
New Jersey
Monmouth University

Life Changing Summer

My summer with Forum Nexus has definitely been one of the best decisions I’ve made. Not only was I able to travel through countries I have always dreamt of visiting, but I have also formed amazing friendships, learned more about myself, and through the classes and professional/cultural visits, I was able to fully immerse myself in the cultures of each country. When I came into this program, I did not know anyone and definitely pushed myself outside of my comfort zone. Being a Student Assistant also helped me to feel a little more connected and involved. I am so grateful for all of the opportunities that we had on this trip, and I would recommend it to every one! Whether you’re shy, outgoing, introverted or extroverted—this is a trip that will change your perspective on the world. Our program director, Hugo, is amazing and he makes everyone feel like family from the second you step off of your plane. I am so thankful for the experience that this program has given me.

avery
Georgia
Auburn University

Trip of a Lifetime

I studied abroad with Forum Nexus this past summer and it was truly the most incredible trip I have ever been on. The detail and time that the leaders put into the program made it unique and unforgettable. I would recommend it to anyone who has the desire to study abroad. I learned so much in the 5 weeks that I was there, and given the chance I would go back and do it again tomorrow. The staff was incredible and the accommodations were excellent. The teachers were great at their jobs and I felt as though Forum Nexus was prepared for every possible situation.

Katie

Greatest Program

The director of the program, Hugo, truly goes above and beyond to make this experience fun for everyone. I will never forget this summer or the friends that I made from it. This experience was truly a blessing. I learned so much about international marketing and businesses around the globe. Having international teachers is a great experience. I would recommend this program to all of my friends and family. This program took learning to a whole new level and made it fun.

Management can be improved.

Brandon
Pittsburgh, PA
Robert Morris University

Life Changing Experience

This was one of the best experiences of my life. I was able to travel around Europe with an amazing group of people and be immersed in the European culture. The professors and staff were so helpful and fun to travel with. My favorite place that we visited was Chamonix, France. I hope to return there in the near future. This program will change the way that you see the world and I would highly recommend Forum-Nexus to anyone who is interested in studying abroad.

Natalie
Carlsbad

Greatest first trip to Europe

Forum Nexus was an incredible experience. Being a student-athlete I couldn't take a semester off but I wanted to study abroad. This month-long summer program was the perfect solution. From the people I met to all the places I went, FN was the perfect balance of it all. It was also really great having everything scheduled for you. I didn't have to worry about not seeing enough because we traveled somewhere new every week. I had an amazing time and would recommend it to anyone!

Deenpreet
Houston, Texas

an unforgettable summer

I was a part of 2015 FN program and I still constantly think about the amazing experience I had! What I really liked about Forum Nexus is that you can customize the experience to your travel preferences. There is a good variety of class offerings and because the program goes through multiple countries, you can visit a lot of different cities (or stay in one place and dig a little deeper, as I did!).

A special shout out to the staff of Forum Nexus--they work tirelessly to make sure each student has a great summer. Feedback is taken seriously and the team is very committed to making continual improvements. I highly recommend this program!!

Alana
Greencastle PA
Pennsylvania State University

FORUM NEXUS IS GREAT

Forum Nexus is GREAT! They provide so many opportunities in every new place you go from professional visits to guest speakers to weekend/day drips! They schedule in a lot of free time which is great for everyone because you can do whatever you like. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOUR FREE TIME! Academics are a breeze, no stress with them at all. You can choose to pay attention and engage, and you'll actually learn a lot of cool and relevant things. The people on the programs are really what made the trip. Such a diverse mix of people that as long as you were willing to put yourself out there, you will find a group! I highly encourage going on the trip without knowing anyone. This is definitely a more pricey way to see a lot of europe and get some school credits, but it honestly is worth every penny and you can see from all the experiences/hotels/events where all your money goes. One suggestion.. go on the weekend trips they provide and avoid flying to a different destination just for a weekend. Wastes a lot of time traveling and, trust me, all the places they take you are great. If you really want to see some other place in Europe that the trip doesn't go to, just go extend your trip a few days before or after the program. I spent an extra 4 days in Athens with another girl from the trip (prearranged on Facebook) and it worked great!

Make it longer maybe..?

Cole
Columbia
University of South Carolina

Experience of a lifetime

I was an intern for Forum-Nexus Study Abroad, and initially, I wasn't sure what to expect. I have heard of other people's experiences from studying abroad and all of them were positive, but I wasn't sure how I would handle being that far away from home. After spending a month in Europe with this program, I consider everyone involved part of my family. This was a once in a lifetime experience and I have Forum-Nexus to thank for that. This program is one of a kind. Forum-Nexus' uniqueness is what makes it incomparable to other study abroad experiences. I highly recommend anyone who is considering studying abroad to apply to FN. You will not regret it!

This program doesn't need any improvements that I can see. It was an experience of a lifetime.

Jonna
Charlotte
University of North Carolina- Charlotte

An Unforgettable Summer Experience

If you're looking for a summer with unforgettable views, friends, food, and experiences Forum Nexus is just what you're looking for. I've always had a dream to go abroad, but was afraid I couldn't do it because of the commitment to leave for a whole semester. This summer program was the perfect alternative. I got to see most of Europe in a month. It was just enough, but not too long. My favorite part of the program was meeting people from all over the States and from different countries as well. I learned more than I ever could from just sitting in classroom.

Geo

Best Summer ever

Forum-Nexus became a family to me. That is the easiest way to put what this program meant to me. I grew so much through this program, it made me come out of my comfort zone and made me more social. I was a Student Assistant for the program, which allowed me to become friends with all the students pretty quickly. I came into this program myself, I was nervous at first but after landing in Barcelona and meeting the staff for the first time made me more relaxed. The staff was so friendly and meeting everyone for the first time made me realize that a lot of people were in the same situation as I am. Everyone had the same intentions as I had and that was to travel and just able to experience new things. Overall, I loved this program traveling with this group was so much fun and I learned a lot from all the cities we have visited. I would love to be able to do it again.

My only problem was with professional visits. They were scheduled the same day as class, so it would take away the freedom to walk around and get to know the cities better. I wish that for the days we had professional visits we didn't have class.

Kimi
Quincy
Southern Methodist University

100% Would Do Again

Forum-Nexus was one of the best experiences I could ask for. Not only did I get to travel to wondrous destinations in one month, but I also met forever friends, became more culturally aware, and learned many valuable lessons. I would do it again in a heartbeat!!

I got to see the beauty of Catalonia, Spain; Chamonix, France; Zurich, Switzerland; many cities in Italy, and Rhodes, Greece. So many breathtaking moments- all in one month. I went paragliding in Lucerne, Switzerland- gliding above the beautiful Swiss Alps. I rode on the back of a Vespa all throughout Rome, one of my favorite experiences of all time. Lastly, I swam in the beautiful Grecian water. I lost my sunglasses from wave running, but the beaches and water were clearer than ever- and worth the small loss.

You won't regret an experience like this one!

Made longer!

Romit
Ahmedabad

One of the Best Summers of my life!

Attending the Forum Nexus program this summer was the best decision that I made. You get to travel different European cities along with taking classes at renowned universities. Especially for the students who didn't get the chance to study abroad, Forum-Nexus is the best program for them. I got a chance to explore the European culture and the traditions which people follow in different countries. Apart from that I got a chance to interact with students coming from all over the world sharing different ideas and having different perspectives. The classes which we take are not at all boring and stressful. This is because of the experienced faculties who also travel with us throughout the program. Along with studying throughout the weekend I took many Forum-Nexus organised day trips and weekend excursions to different cities. The staff members are so friendly and are always ready to help. The director of the program, Dr. Hugo, is such a fun loving person that you don't even feel that you are on a educational trip. I highly recommend this program to everyone who didn’t get the chance of studying abroad. At the beginning you'll start as a stranger but later you'll end up as a family, the Forum-Nexus family!

Alyssa
chicago, il

Best Summer Yet!

This past summer I decided to study abroad after my freshman year of college. I was traveling alone and I was a little bit nervous to be in Europe for the first time all by myself. When I first met everyone from Forum Nexus, all my worries instantly went away. I've never met a more welcoming, friendly, and fun group of people. Age or where we came from did not matter. In one month I did as much as possible between interesting classes, professional visits, and sightseeing. I really enjoyed going to classes because we learned so much useful information that will stick with me forever. I couldn't believe how fast everyone became not only friends, but family. I left Greece with so many experiences, a different outlook on life, and 4 college credits. Choosing to be a part of Forum Nexus 2016 was one of my best decisions, and if I could go back and relive it all again I would love to! Best summer yet!

Sugar
London
Hult International Business School

A summer well spent

It was a life changing experience. Forum Nexus was my very first time traveling outside the UK and travelling with them actually really help. I learned a lot, made a lot of friends and get connected to so many people. It was a very cool to learn about culture, business and team work skill while travelling. The staff was very helpful and friendly, they will help you with all your concern. Enjoy your best summer if you sign up I highly recommend the program :D.

- More cities.
- smaller group

Kristi
Youngstown, OH
Youngstown State University

FN Summer!

Forum-Nexus was a great, cultural experience for me! I had traveled to Europe two years before this program and actually wasn't a big fan! I thought the U.S. was the only place for me, and I didn't want to leave for at least a decade. But when a less-than-busy summer and this opportunity came up, I thought I would give Europe another try. And I am so glad I did!!! Traveling around Europe with students your own age and in the same part of life as you is an experience that most people never get to have. The chance to see so much of Europe in one month with friends that become your family after a few short days is one that I would never pass up. There is so much independence in this program that after class in the mornings, you get to do whatever your heart desires! Figuring out the subway stations, finding authentic places to eat, booking weekend trips with your friends, and stumbling across famous landmarks are all part of the experience. I feel so much more confident in my ability to travel by myself after having so much independence with this program. It's intimidating at first, but just jump in and do it! You never know when you'll get an opportunity like this again.

More planning would be very beneficial for this program. I felt like people didn't know what was going on a lot of the time, and I would have liked to make a little more efficient use of my time. Everyone was very laid back, and I think we should have had at least one advisor that was able to run a tight ship and keep things moving smoothly.

Nick
Warren, Michigan
University of Detroit Mercy

A Fun-Packed Month!

Forum-Nexus delivered even more than I had ever hoped for in a study abroad! Although I took two classes in addition to the International IQ class, I still had plenty of time to explore all of the amazing cities that we stopped in. And not to mention all of the incredible friends that I met from all around the world! I don't think that I could have spent one month of my summer in a better way if I tried. I have recommended(and will continue to recommend) this program to everyone that I meet that is looking to learn about the world and make life-long friends!

I would love to see a Fall or Winter option to this program as well!

Sahar
brieut

best time ever

one of the greatest and mos efficient time i spent in my life
you will learn and have maximum fun at the same time
love all people i met and would certainly do it again
so grateful to all professors and can not explain the happiness of meeting new best friends
the best 4 weeks you will remember for life
i just love it and would definitely long for it every summer

do not hesitate
time does not come back

Michelle
Dallas, Texas
University of Texas- Dallas

Amazing summer abroad!

I had an awesome time abroad with Forum-Nexus! I made a lot of new friends and saw some interesting places. When looking for a program, I was mainly concerned with finding one that offered Graduate credit, since I had just started my graduate program and never had the chance to study abroad before. I also wanted a program that wasn't too long since I could not be away from home for too long, but was also long enough to see enough places. I enjoyed the multiple countries, and definitely liked the professional visits that we had through the program.

Ian
Greenville, SC
Furman University

A Trip to Remember

If you have never stepped a foot outside your home country and want to immerse yourself in new innovative cultures, then this is the program for you. The educational aspects perfectly link up with your travel experiences, as you attend classes in the morning, and are free to explore the cities in the afternoon. You will gain a lifetime's worth of experiences and memories that will carry on for years to come. For those of you who are early networkers, all of the students come from across the globe, meaning you will be able to have and maintain several international connections.
You won't be disappointed if you choose this program!

N/A

Kat
London, England

Best Summer

Forum Nexus was such an amazing experience. I travelled to so many places and was able to experience them independently and meet new people. I have learned more and done more on forum nexus then i have in my whole life and would recommend it to any open-minded person.

This program is perfect.

Drew
Dallas, Texas
University of Texas- Dallas

Amazing Summer

This program was fun, exciting, adventurous, and exhausting. The staff and courses offered provided great insight to business abroad, cross cultural communications, and basic European geography. Every day was a new adventure in what felt like a new city. There is never a dull moment with the excitement of each city as well as the great people participating on the program.

Selin
Los Angeles, California
Woodbury University

So amazing I'm going back!

Traveling with a group of strangers, who soon become family in unfamiliar countries, helped open my eyes to a completely different world. Forum Nexus ties in all the right components to a study abroad program. The program met all my expectations and more. I can honestly say I had an overall amazing time. I was exposed to real world experiences in my field of study while being able to travel and enjoy each cities landmarks and night-life.

There are no major modifications that I would suggest, that's how great the program is.

Forum-Nexus has a track record of 28 years as a leader in multi-country summer programs in Europe for students majoring in Marketing, Management, International Business, International Studies, Communication, Economics, Engineering, Pre-Law and more.

What makes Forum-Nexus unique?
- It's a multi-country program, you learn while