You can accomplish a lot in two weeks! Start with immersive Spanish language lessons, and soon you‘ll be ready to go out and interact with the community. After class, you and your group of U.S. teens will join in Spain’s festive culture while exploring palaces, castles, churches, and Roman ruins in Valladolid and nearby Madrid. You’ll gain further insight into the region’s culture and history by living with a host family, who will welcome you into their daily life. You’ll also have the chance to meet with local Spanish teens and members of the Roma community to share stories and gain new perspectives. Finally, you and your friends can make an impact by accompanying a group of refugee children on a field trip to a science museum.
- Bond with your host family while living in the city of Valladolid in Northern Spain
- Advance your Spanish skills by taking language classes and exploring the community
- Learn about local culture and history by visiting palaces, castles, and Roman ruins
- Participate in volunteer projects to help refugees in Spain
- Visit nearby destinations like Madrid, Salamanca, and Segovia and enjoy the beautiful scenery
AFS-USA Grants & Scholarships
The opportunity to study abroad should be available to everyone, regardless of their financial means. Annually, we award scholarships to about half of our study abroad students.