Study Abroad at One of the top 3 Spanish Universities

Your Spanish level won't be a burden to study at the University of Cantabria because you will be able to choose from a long list of subjects taught exclusively in English or others that are "English friendly".

"English friendly" subjects are taught in Spanish but your lecturer will provide you with the subject contents in English, tutorials and examinations will also be in English if requested.

The UC is the perfect choice for studying abroad.

Ranked amongst the top three in Spain, both in education and research quality and recently presented with the “International Campus of Excellence” award.

You will be hosted at our charming 1780's Cantabrian country house, in Puente viesgo, just 17 miles from the UC. We are a family that originate from Liverpool, England and have lived in this beautiful region of Spain for over 14 years. So, we’re Fluent in English and Spanish.

• You will be hosted in Cantabria, chosen as 2nd best destination to visit in Europe by Lonely Planet.
  • Study an academic year or a semester at the Universidad de Cantabria, one of the top three universities in Spain.
  • Option for Spanish lessons with ‘thespanishcourse.com’. Awarded by the British Government and the European Union in 2001.
  • Santander is one of the most beautiful cities in Spain and also one of the safest regions in Europe. It is famous for its fantastic nightlife.
  • We will issue you with the Universidad de Cantabria's sports card giving you access to numerous sporting activities.

Selfie
Maria

The University of Cantabria was brilliant. The campus is breathtaking!

My experience in Spain was definitely positive. I was debating on where to go in Europe and a friend recommended Cantabria in Northern Spain. I can never thank her enough!
I was nervous as I had never traveled abroad before and Europe is so diverse, I had planned to travel with my friend but she pulled out. In the end my family gave me the courage to go through with this exciting adventure and I am so thankful to them and The Spanish Course for this experience.
They helped me a lot with my initiation and I soon settled in.
I chose to study my subjects in English and it was great. Most of my classes were full of people from all over the world.
The village is a lot different to back home, it is very quiet and calm and the villagers are so friendly.
Tip : Eat at the Marques restaurant in Puente Viesgo. They have the most amazing seafood paella.

When I arrived at Madrid, we (the group) were met by Fernando & Andy from the Spanish Course. We spent the next few days discovering the city before heading north to Cantabria. Great way to start our stay.
Andy recommended watching a game of soccer. I would have liked to watch Ronaldo play but he had already left for Italy.

The University of Cantabria was brilliant. The campus is breathtaking, directly facing the beach!

Andy and Denise’s home in Puente Viesgo is gorgeous. I had my own en-suite bedroom, TV, wi-fi etc...everything i needed. My host mom, Denise, cooked us a variety of delicious English/Spanish meals.

I loved my time in Cantabria. I would recommend it to anyone considering a Study Abroad program.

If i could change anything, I would have arrived in August for the fall semester. Better weather than Jan/Feb.
Response from The Spanish Course

Hola Maria,

Thanks for your excellent review and for choosing us. Hope you're enjoying your time now.

Un saludo,

Callum

Santander is amazing!

Where do I start?

Overall I would rate my experience as 10/10. I had an awesome time in Santander. The city is amazing.

I was a little nervous to leave the States and study abroad but from the moment I arrived at Madrid airport and was picked up by Andy, I felt so relaxed. He’s so friendly and never stops laughing.

While I was studying in Santander, I chose to stay with Andy & Denise, which I loved. It was great coming home every day and chatting about the day. They are such a friendly couple. I also had a housemate for the semester, John, who was great company.

I learnt a lot about Spanish culture during my stay. Especially the strange eating times and the art of cutting a jamon!

Everyone was always available to help me with anything I needed. From helping me through the application process and making sure I had collected all of the necessary documents or to simply give me recommendations for places to visit during my stay.

Santander was a great place to study abroad. If you are interested in traveling to other European cities on the weekends, Santander is a perfect base to start from. Rome and Dublin were my favorites.

I highly recommend this program to anyone else thinking else thinking of studying abroad.

Response from The Spanish Course

We all loved to have you here and, although you stayed with Denise and Andy, I remember the picture when you were cutting ham. It was hilarious. Thanks.

We hope you have a lovely time back home.

Un saludo,

Liam

The best University!

The best University!

Choosing to study in English was the best decision I've ever made.
I get by in Spanish but the thought of daily lectures and then the exams in Spanish just scared me to death. The University of Cantabria was brilliant. So relaxed compared to mine back home. Alvaro (Communication of Engineering) was especially brilliant :)
I was placed for my semester with Andy and Denise a couple from Liverpool, England who have a awesome home right in the center of Puente viesgo, a short bus ride from the UC campus. They speak Spanish too so they helped with any paperwork I had to do during my time in Spain.
They cooked a variety of different meals, obviously some of them local Cantabrian specialities. Andy makes a great bean stew and supports Liverpool FC, the best soccer team in the world, he repeatedly told me!
I wish I could have stayed longer.

Can't think off much off the top of my head. Faster Wi-Fi?
Response from The Spanish Course

Hi Liam,

Thanks for your review. Nice to hear you had such a lovely time with Andy and Denise and studying at the Universidad de Cantabria with your lecturers and program leader.

Gracias.

Regards,

About The Spanish Course

Study in Santander, a safe and idyllic city, while living in your tutor's home.

Merche, Fernando and their two twin daughters, Victoria and Raquel, will welcome you to become another member of our family. You will have meals with us, help and learn...