Seamester: Transatlantic, Med to Caribbean

Why limit yourself to just one ocean, country or continent? Choose the journey spanning over 6,500 miles that offers the best of land and sea. Sail the Mediterranean, cross the Atlantic and cruise the Caribbean against the backdrop of sunrise, sunset and moonlight.

Gaze at the Pantheon and Coliseum in Rome. Tour the ancient fortress town of Bonifacio - a mountain in the sea with over 1,700 summits and water so clear that visibility is perfect even at 50 feet below. Ride camels among the sand dunes on the beaches of Agadir and wander in the courtyard of the King's Palace in Casablanca. Conquer our longest sailing passage and experience deep blue freedom in every direction as you cross the Atlantic with pilot whales, bioluminescent plankton and flying fish. Night dive over vivid Caribbean Reefs. As your journey closes, realize that the greatest achievement of your voyage is that it was accomplished by you.

Jackie

Something to remember forever

I applied for this trip because I love sailing and I wanted an abroad experience that would allow myself to see as many beautiful places as possible. What I did not realize is that my fellow crew members would become my second family. From the very first time we were underway to the last, everyone was always looking out for one another to ensure their safety and to make sure we all had the best experience possible. Learning outside of a typical classroom was one of the best aspects about this program, while underwater learning was absolutely incredible. For me, I didn't think I was going to love SCUBA diving as much as I did, and now I can go diving whenever I want. Sailing under the stars, through beautiful sunrises and sunsets, and rainstorms were all what made this adventure so much fun. Waking up in a new country with a sense of adventure and excitement almost every day is something I am truly going to miss. Letting go of the rest of society, only worrying about yourself and shipmates, and living on the little island of Argo is an unforgettable experience.

Emmalee

An eye opening experience

Seamester gave me the opportunity to travel all over the world, learn to sail and scuba dive, and be apart of a community that truly changed my life. This program not only allows people to travel to more than one location in the world, but also fosters personal growth and creates lasting friendships that turn into family. I would recommend this trip to everyone and feel that is a great opportunity for fun, adventure, as well as a great learning opportunity both educationally and about oneself.
In addition to the overall experience, tangibly it is very advantageous to earn all the certificates that Seamester offers. Not only does it allow you to get scuba certificates, but also your ICC, VHF and CPR. These certs not only open doors of opportunity, but they also required me to learn skills that I can use in a variety of situations. Overall Seamester creates a well rounded person and inspires the minds of many.

Class structure could be a little better as far as not sticking to learning mostly by powerpoint.
Dana

Amazing Program

If you are considering Sea|mester: do it. I could not recommend this program enough—they offer so much, and you finish the program having grown and feeling accomplished. Not only do you get to stop in multiple countries and go abroad, you also take classes and get college credit, learn to scuba dive, sail, make life-long friendships that are genuine, meet new people and make honest connections, challenge yourself in many ways, and more. I knew I would like it, but I never knew how much I would grow to love life living and learning on a boat. The staff is amazing and supportive, and all of your fellow crew make you feel at ease and at home. Meals are excellent and fun to cook. Overall, it is a one-in-a-lifetime experience that you don't want to pass up.

The program is a bit pricey, but considering everything that you get from the program, it is definitely worth it. Financial aid is also offered.
James

Unbelievably Amazing.

The Sea|Mester program is truly a one of a kind experience. Students sail to a variety of destinations getting to explore each location with some of your new found best friends. From day one, everyone, students and staff alike, are so kind and energized for the voyage ahead. Everyone becomes friends with each other so fast and the relationships only strengthen as you explore, live, sleep and learn with each other for the duration of the semester. Sea|mester could not be more correct when they claim that “there is no room for passengers on our vessels, only crew members.” This is what I loved about the program because each and every student is vital to the success of the crew and plays an active role in operating the vessel. On the first passage students were already trusted with the helm. By day 30 students were completely self dependent and capable of leading a sail raise. The level of trust granted by the staff was more than I could have ever expected. I would strongly recommend this program to anyone who might be interested. There is truly no experience required as everything taught onboard starts with the basics so anyone, of any background, can be just as involved as the rest.

Cylas

Argo Forever!!

I did this trip because I love sailing and I have always wanted to travel internationally. This trip provided a perfect opportunity to do both of those things. The staff was amazing and I really enjoyed having them aboard, not just as staff members but also as friends. The close quarters necessitated by life on a ship at sea, as well as the challenges presented by sailing and working in such an environment, created a strong sense of comradery among everyone aborad and by the end of the trip, we felt like a family. The places that we visited together, from the beaches of southern France to the mountains of Morocco and the open waters of the Atlantic were all beautiful and magical, each in their own way. I was always excited waking up in a new place, to see what the day would offer and what new adventure we would have.

The packing list did not seem to be designed specifically for this trip, so some of the things that we were told to bring were not needed while a couple of things that would have been nice to have were not included. This was, however, a fairly minor inconvenience as all of the critical gear was included.
Natalie

Once in a life time opportunity!

Sea|mester gave me the opportunity to travel the world, learn to sail, and meet new amazing people. This program is one of a kind and there is nothing else out there like it. The sense of accomplishment when you cross an ocean, the excitement of every new destination you go to, the amazing diving, the interactive classes, the learning and discovering of yourself, are examples of things you get only from Sea|mester. The Captain and staff were always on top of everything, always putting our safety first. I am so thankful for this program and the opportunities it gave me, I would never trade my time on Argo for anything else. This program will not disappoint. This program will give you 15 college credits to prepare you or got towards your undergrad.

About Seamester

Seamester offers unique educational voyages where students spend their time sailing between countries and continents. For more than 40 years, we have consistently delivered outstanding educational experiences for students. We design our programs to...