Take part in a hands-on exploration of the challenges and issues facing Tanzania today, including sanitation, malaria, hunger, and deforestation. And study the Kiswahili (Swahili) language in Iringa. Through fascinating coursework and activities with locals you’ll learn about issues impacting urban, peri-urban, and rural Tanzanian communities. You’ll also participate in a four-week field study with an organization serving orphans, vulnerable children, and underserved populations in rural Tanzania.
Study abroad in Iringa and you'll:
- Explore three distinct communities in Tanzania: The economic epicenter, Dar es Salaam; the small town of Iringa; and the rural village, Mufindi
- Participate in an intensive, four-week, embedded field-study research and volunteer experience at an NGO that addresses public health, and educational and social welfare issues in rural Tanzania
View Program Information
- Tuition and housing
- Pre-departure advising and optional on-site airport meet and greet
- Full-time program leadership and support
- Field trips and cultural activities
- CIEE iNext travel card which provides insurance and other travel benefits
CIEE also offers a wide variety of scholarships for participants; see website for details.