View Other Details
- Tuition and housing
- Pre-departure advising and optional on-site airport meet and greet
- Full-time program leadership and support
- Field trips and cultural activities
- CIEE iNext travel card which provides insurance and other travel benefits
CIEE also offers a wide variety of scholarships for participants; see website for details.
Meals are not provided except when staying in communities.
Study abroad in Khon Kaen and gain an in-depth understanding of the role of public health in Thailand. The program combines classroom-based academics with extensive field work that offers hands-on experience, visits to private and public health agencies, and guidance from government officials and practitioners. The program begins with an intensive Thai language instruction course, geared toward helping you succeed in everyday situations. All courses are complemented with CIEE co-curricular activities and excursions beyond the city to enhance classroom learning and provide intercultural understanding.
- Interact with doctors, nurses, public health professional, academics, and community-level public health volunteers
- Collaborate with local public health leaders to determine research topics and activities that meet community needs
- Visit Laos, Vietnam, or another Southeast Asian country to compare public health systems
CIEE Scholarships and Grants
CIEE’s need-based grants offer support to students who face financial barriers to studying abroad. CIEE awards need-based grants based on students’ EFCs and program selection. The Gilman Go Global Grant offers students $750-$2,000 toward airfare, plus $2,500 toward semester program costs, or $1,000 toward summer program costs.