Picture yourself in Mukono, Uganda. You're chatting with fellow classmates from Uganda Christian University after a busy day at St. Francis Hospital. You're munching on rolex, an eggs and chapati snack, as you watch the sunset. At the Uganda Studies Program (USP), you're learning from Ugandans about the world.
Expand the horizons of your faith with Christian classes in a new context. Choose from three tracks in social work, global health, and interdisciplinary studies. In all three, you'll participate in Ugandan daily life through classes at a Ugandan university, internships in the community, and relationships with professors and peers.
Whether you live with a host family or in dorms, you'll be immersed in Ugandan culture. You'll also travel throughout Uganda, experience a rural homestay, and take a ten-day trip to Rwanda centered on reconciliation and understanding.
Through new friendships and family, let USP transform your vision and vocation for life.
- Explore the intricacies of cross-cultural relationships through practicums in the surrounding community
- Participate in Ugandan family life through short-term and full-semester homestays
- Reflect on your own faith as your encounter Christianity in a different cultural context
- Join in choirs, sports teams, and other campus activities as a student at Uganda Christian University
- Travel throughout Uganda on weekend trips as well as a 10-day trip to Rwanda