7 cities, 5 countries Semester Abroad in Eastern Europe

7 cities, 5 countries in one semester with THE MOST AFFORDABLE program!!!
No foreign language prerequisite!

Study abroad with Eastern European Study Abroad and experience 9 cities and 6 countries in one semester: Czech Republic (Prague), Austria (Vienna), Ukraine (Kharkiv, Kyiv, Pirogovo and Lviv), Poland (Krakow and Auschwitz) and Hungary (Budapest)! Courses are taught in English in a variety of subjects, and there is no foreign language prerequisite to participate. Russian and Ukrainian language classes are offered for any level from beginner to advanced. Complete the EESA Intensive Language Program and perfect your proficiency! Advance speakers may take direct-enroll courses with local students at Karazin University, one of the top universities in Ukraine.

Study, volunteer, learn, explore and gain the most value in study abroad with EESA!

mdarkcity

Cultural Immersion in Eastern Europe

Eastern European Study Abroad is an awesome opportunity to experience Ukrainian and Russian culture firsthand. And as of Fall 2013, with field trips in four more countries, the program offers a completely unique and unforgettable study abroad adventure. During my semester, I had an amazing time visiting Moscow and St. Petersburg, and later Kyiv and Lviv. And living in Kharkiv, the second-largest city in Ukraine after the capital of Kyiv, is perfect in that there are many international students (I met some from Germany, Nigeria, Iraq, and Mexico) as well as thousands of friendly locals. The EESA staff are very kind and helpful. They will go to great lengths to make sure that your stay in Eastern Europe is as enjoyable and rewarding as possible. If you have any connection to Russian or Ukrainian culture, this is without a question the study abroad program for you. And if you don't, you will still return home with fantastic memories and a new appreciation of this part of the world.

Studying abroad is largely about the cultural experience. But since academics are also important, make sure your course selections best match your studies back home.
Chelsea

Experience Ukraine!

Choosing a study abroad program is not an easy decision. I myself had a very difficult time deciding with which program to study, but I can honestly say that studying abroad with EESA was a fantastic choice and that I had an incredible experience during my academic year in Kharkov, Ukraine. From the very beginning the staff was responsive to all of my questions and concerns and continuously worked to make sure that my experience on the program was a positive one. The quality of instruction in the courses was high and the chance to enroll both in courses with my American groupmates and in courses with other Ukrainian students was very beneficial. The directors work to accommodate the specific interests of every student academically and in extra-curricular and volunteer activities. Even when I was the only student from my group who wanted to study Ukrainian language, I was given individual lessons with the professor. Within the first weeks of our stay a volunteer opportunity was arranged for me with the help of the directors, in which I was heavily involved throughout the school year. As far as other activities are concerned - Kharkov will not leave you bored! It is the perfect host city for a study abroad program, as it is a city of students. Student groups are constantly organizing events and projects and they will always be happy to have you join them. If you take advantage of the opportunities available to you, you will never be bored! The academic field trips were also a great part of the EESA program. The cost of the trips is included in the program tuition and the trips are designed to include site-seeing, meetings with international organizations or companies, and free-time to enjoy the cities as you like.
Studying abroad in Ukraine sets you apart from your peers and will leave you with memories which you will never forget. So take the chance and experience an unforgettable year abroad with Eastern European Study Abroad!

It is an unavoidable reality of living in Ukraine that things can be a little frustrating sometimes. There were a few bureaucratic issues or misunderstandings at the university which we had to work around. There were also some problems with our accommodation throughout the year, which we had to work out with the landlord and the program directors. While the directors were always helpful in solving the problems, you must come to Ukraine with patience and the ability to be flexible and adaptable.

About EESA (Eastern European Study Abroad)

7 cities, 5 countries in one semester with the most affordable program! No language prerequisite!
Study abroad in Kharkiv, Ukraine and spend three weeks of the semester on academic field trips to nine cities in six different countries: Czech Republic...