- United States of America
- New York
- Buenos Aires
- South Africa
- Cape Town
View Other Details
Learn through an innovative urban studies curriculum with fieldwork involving key actors and stakeholders—urban citizens, thought leaders and academics, public agencies, planners, elected officials, NGOs, and grassroots organizations. Explore social justice in urban environments. Examine how four cities around the world work, how they operate within the global economy, and how citizens live and organize to create more just cities.
- Live and study in four world cities undergoing rapid change and facing unique challenges.
- Explore how politics, economics, geography, and culture shape social relations and the built environment.
- Discover how people create a sense of community and urban identity.
- Conduct fieldwork and complete an independent comparative research project on a topic of your choosing.
- Live with local homestay families in Argentina, Spain & South Africa.
SIT Robert Kantor Memorial Scholarship
Each year one student will be granted $10,000 in scholarship aid to study abroad with a SIT program. Funded by individual donors and foundations, the requirements are tight: seeking first-generation college students who've never traveled abroad before, currently attend an HBCU, and demonstrate strong financial need.