Learn through an innovative urban studies curriculum with fieldwork involving key actors and stakeholders—urban citizens, thought leaders and academics, public agencies, planners, elected officials, NGOs, and grassroots organizations. Explore social justice in urban environments. Examine how four cities around the world work, how they operate within the global economy, and how citizens live and organize to create more just cities.
- Live and study in four world cities undergoing rapid change and facing unique challenges.
- Explore how politics, economics, geography, and culture shape social relations and the built environment.
- Discover how people create a sense of community and urban identity.
- Conduct fieldwork and complete an independent comparative research project on a topic of your choosing.
- Live with local homestay families in Argentina, Spain & South Africa.