Global Innovation Program: Silicon Valley

Home to some of the biggest tech giants, such as Google, LinkedIn and Atlassian, it is no surprise Silicon Valley holds the reputation of a global tech startup hub. Immerse yourself in the vibrant and innovative culture, connect with forward-thinking entrepreneurs, network like a boss with investors and talk over coffee with experienced founders. Over two inspiring weeks, you’ll join a select cohort of tertiary students to learn from world-class thought leaders and work out of one of the freshest co-working spaces in the Valley. During these two weeks, you’ll get your hands dirty solving real business problems and iterating on your own startup.

About the Global Innovation Programs:
Start with an idea, problem, or passion — and learn what it takes to transform it into a scaleable startup business or a global social movement. Our programs are hands-on, immersive, heaps of fun, and focussed on developing you into a #nextgen leader ready to take on the future.

• Learn how to grow your idea into a scalable, profitable startup
  • Visit some of the biggest leading tech giants (Google, Facebook, Microsoft, and more)
  • Learn from the best innovative thought-leaders, founders, and investors
  • Hustle like a boss and build a personalized global network of key business relationships
  • Find your tribe and join a global network of next-gen entrepreneurs

**VIRTUAL GLOBAL LEARNING * The Hacker Exchange: Virtual Innovation Program

From the comfort of your laptop, you can access thought leaders and develop networks from San Francisco, Tel Aviv, Singapore and Australia. All the benefits of a global HEX program with none of the jet lag. Plus, we’ll personally match you with an international mentor who will help you truly supercharge your startup and career goals. Inspiration? Yes. Boring lectures? No. Pants? Yes, please.

Rashi

Most captivating experience

I was a part of this innovative program in 2018 and found the entire experience extremely engaging and knowledgeable. The quality of each industry expert session was profound, we were able to interact with experts from several industries helping us gain insights from all different aspects. The friendships and relationship built overtime not only made me culturally and emotionally intelligent but also improved my interpersonal skills. Moreover, the most indulging part of the program is the freedom to explore your own interest/space, build networks, learn from others, and feel what it's like to be a tiny yet significant part of Silicon Valley.

Just being there with a proactive, super organized, and awesome bunch of people felt amazing.

James

HEX Successfully Combines Both Fun and Education in the One Program

I honestly had the most fun I've ever had learning while on HEX. Going to San Fransisco and Silicon Valley was a dream for me, and it really did live up to all my expectations and more. We got to learn from some amazing founders, leaders and mentors which allowed us to really increase our knowledge and work on many soft skills. Combine this with 2 weeks with a really good group of people in San Fransisco meant that there were a lot of fun experiences that we had that I will remember for my whole life.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Definitely the most nerve-racking moment was having to pitch a business idea to real VC's. I tried to think of it more like a school presentation, and that helped my nerves a bit (albeit slightly).
Ann

Hacker Exchange Program

The best part about my trip in San Francisco was the knowledge that I gained in two weeks. During the two weeks I also developed myself as a person and grew a lot from the experience. Networking in San Francisco made me aware of the talent that is out there which motivates me to push myself and be better. Not to mention I also had the opportunity to work with smart and talented students from all over Australia who came from different walks of life. I feel very fortunate everyone on the program were super supportive.

Something the hacker exchange can do differently next time is to provide more free time in between workshops and tours to allow students to work on their startup ideas. I feel like we were doing so much in the two weeks that a lot of us rushed our pitches in the end.