McKinley High: Ready for a Gleeful semester?

Are you just a small town girl, livin’ in a lonely world? Head to McKinley High, where life is full of glee! If you can’t help but sing in the shower, love coming up with new dance moves, and are always looking for a chance to don a colorful costume, McKinley’s the spot for you! Our Glee Club is always looking for new recruits, and we accept everyone - no audition necessary! We’ll find a place for you here, whether it’s singing duets with Rachel, choreographing with Mike, or playing the triangle.

Everyone is equally important in this ensemble, and don’t worry - Mr. Schue doesn’t play favorites. Your time at McKinley High will be just like regular high school, but better - break out in song whenever you want, and everyone else will start singing along!

A word of warning: try to stay away from Sue’s office, and any football players you spot - those slurpees really are as cold as they look!

Why McKinley?
  • You’ll make friends for life - us Glee kids stick together, even after graduation.
  • We accept and love everyone. The more quirks, the better!
  • You’ll have a chance to compete in a national singing competition. Help us win another first place trophy!
  • A healthy dose of competition with Rachel and Mercedes will push you to sing your very best.
  • If you’re so inclined, it’s totally acceptable to wear a cheerleading uniform 24/7. Or sport a mohawk.

Cecilia Haynes
Cecilia

No More Slushies Please

Within the Fantasy Programs Abroad section, this was one of the few programs open to high school students. Since I was limited in my choices but still fond of choir groups, I decided to give it a try.

My one piece of advice is if you choose to attend McKinley High is to never ever allow anyone to throw a frozen slushie at you. It is a truly humiliating (not to mention FREEZING) turn of events. I ended up getting on the bad side of the Cheerios and made a firm effort to never give them reason to look at me again.

I do have a slight confession... Since I knew this was a temporary year long study abroad, I actually engineered revenge against all of the "popular" kids at school who had ever given a slushie facial. I got all of the Glee kids as well as the rest of the disenfranchised students to surprise this group with a gigantic slushie shower. If you decide to go with this program, learn from my antics!

The hardest thing for me to adapt to was the constant breaking into song. It's a bit disconcerting to suddenly feel like you have entered a Disney musical crossed with Lady Gaga. Be warned.

There needs to be more of an effort to crackdown on slushie facials.

About Fantasy Programs Abroad

Determined to find the abroad program of your dreams? Go Overseas has you covered. Check out reviews of programs best suited for the big kid in all of us. Go Overseas and change your world!