COVID-19 and our societies’ reactions lay bare longstanding inequities and marginalization we must address. That's why IPSL's borders are staying OPEN! Until travel is permissible again (and it will be), IPSL Global Institute at NUNM is offering this program online. Once travel is permissible again, students may immediately shift to onsite study and service abroad.
Students will receive the same support and thought-provoking orientation and courses whether online or in person. The Community Organizing and Social Activism courses will be taught by in-country professors as are all the other elective courses. And check out this BONUS: during your online portion you can mix and match your electives taking courses of interest from multiple IPSL sites abroad!
IPSL specializes in volunteer-based study abroad programming. All programs are credit-bearing and will provide an official transcript upon completion of the program.
On average, 15 HOURS per week will be spent volunteering in addition to 6-21 semester credits worth of course work. Our programs are small cohorts of dedicated, service-minded students who that receive individualized attention from our staff.
- IPSL programs focus on experiential learning, ethical service & engaged research. Now the independent IPSL Institute for Global Learning is authorized to offer academic credit, issue official transcripts and confer diplomas through the Master's level.
- Earn up to 18 semester credits or 6-9 credits for the summer program!
- Upon completion of this course, students will be able to communicate effectively, utilizing everyday spoken Vietnamese, and should be able to read simple words and short sentences.
- Get an inside perspective while living, learning and working with locals and other international students!
- IPSL, the founder of Service-Learning, is a global education institute within the National University of Natural Medicine (NUNM.edu). They invest over 83% of their revenues directly back into the communities where they serve.