As the capital of Vietnam for almost a thousand years, Hanoi is considered one of the main cultural centers of Vietnam, and the city, like most of the country, is in the throes of fast and furious development driven by a young population of energetic and creative Vietnamese. It is a place where the history is colliding with the future and exciting things are happening!
Required courses include COSA (Community Organizing and Social Activism) as well as a Vietnamese Language course. Electives include Environmental Science, Sustainable Tourism, Global Health and the Environment, Politics and Policy of Development, Sustainable Business in a Globalized World and Globalization and Social Justice.
Students engage in volunteer service for 12-15 hours per week in areas such as women's empowerment, youth development, education and environmental sustainability initiatives.
- IPSL programs focus on experiential learning, ethical service & engaged research. Now the independent IPSL Institute for Global Learning is authorized to offer academic credit, issue official transcripts and confer diplomas through the Master's level.
- Earn up to 18 semester credits or 6-9 credits for the summer program!
- Upon completion of this course, students will be able to communicate effectively, utilizing everyday spoken Vietnamese, and should be able to read simple words and short sentences.
- Get an inside perspective while living, learning and working with locals and other international students!
- IPSL, the founder of Service-Learning, is a global education institute within the National University of Natural Medicine (NUNM.edu). They invest over 83% of their revenues directly back into the communities where they serve.