View Other Details
May 26-June 15, 2019
June 16-July 6, 2019
The 3-week Global Health field course in Vietnam introduces concepts of global health from a unique Asian perspective. You will learn about the healthcare system in Vietnam and study a major public health concern – infection prevention and control (IPC) in healthcare settings. This topic also allows you to explore various important community healthcare services, such as nutrition programs for mothers and children, health education and promotion, and community health workers and their role.
A week of skills development through classroom learning, workshops, field visits and general cultural immersion is followed by two weeks of service-learning at Vietnamese hospitals and health centers. Here, you will work hand in hand with service providers to help assess and discuss different ways to minimize public health risks.
Dates: May 26-June 15, 2019 | June 16-July 6, 2019
- Explore healthcare concepts and programs in resource-limited settings.
- Work hand in hand with local healthcare providers at hospitals and health centers.
- Gain invaluable intercultural competence relevant to your field of study.
- Explore the ‘Asian Dragon’ through unique excursions and immersion experiences.
- Broaden your personal and professional network, and build lasting international friendships.