The Education Abroad Network (TEAN): Thailand & Vietnam Semester

The Education Abroad Network (TEAN): Thailand & Vietnam Semester

TEAN Full Ride Scholarship 2018
The TEAN Full Ride Scholarship is designed to give a stand-out student the opportunity to study abroad. The scholarship can be used for any Summer or Fall 2018 TEAN program and covers tuition, program fees, orientation and housing (up to $26,000 value).

To better explore and understand Southeast Asia, TEAN offer students the unique opportunity to split their semester spending two months in Chiang Mai, Thailand and two months in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam. For anyone having a hard time deciding between these two amazing locations, this program is for you! Participants will begin their studies at Chiang Mai University in Thailand and then travel to Ho Chi Minh where they will be hosted by Hoa Sen University.

The program includes an orientation in Chiang Mai, a five-day stay in a traditional rural Thai village, expert guidance from local staff, and an array of cultural activities designed to deepen your understanding and appreciation of these colorful countries. Visit the TEAN website to learn more.

Asia » Vietnam
Asia » Thailand
Statement of Purpose
Letters of Recommendation

Chad
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
University of Pittsburgh

Incredible, Life Changing...Must Experience It!

I was originally wary about study abroad, but after talking to the staff on the phone, I was sold on going. TEAN's orientation was extremely helpful in getting used to life in Thailand, and helped the students in my group bond before starting classes. We also stayed in a village for a few days along with the rest of our classmates at Chiang Mai University, a really incredible way to experience Thai culture firsthand. The classes were rigorous but interesting, and further contributed to our understanding of the country we were living in. Thai language class was especially helpful in navigating everyday life. Along the way, TEAN staff was ready to help out with any questions we had or just to meet up for a meal. Living with a Thai roommate in a (beautiful) dorm was one of my favorite parts of the program.

In Vietnam, we each had our own apartment with a bathroom in the same building, and took classes at a local private university. While we didn't have any local students in our building or classes, the international club eagerly welcomed us and helped us to make our closest friends. The in-country staff, Chris, worked close to our apartment and would often have dinner with us. As a travel agent by profession, he was able to help us out with navigating the city, the country, and the region.

While most students stayed in Thailand the entire semester, I think having the opportunity to experience two cultures was a unique and worthwhile challenge, and I would encourage any curious and adventurous people to do it. (And, of course, the food was amazing in both countries.)

Grades came out a little later than I expected, but I believe this is an unavoidable issue many study abroad programs have.

The Education Abroad Network (TEAN) is a full-service international education provider specializing in immersive study and internship programs throughout Asia Pacific. Creating close partnerships the best universities in Australia, New Zealand and across Asia over the past two decades has allowed TEAN to become experts