Teach in a homestay! Get free room, meals, culture activities and monthly stipend!

China Homestay is the biggest homestay provider in China. It is designed to give participants an opportunity to experience what living in China is like along with giving participants a chance to participate in local family life.

In this program you will live with a local family wherever you want to go and learn about the Chinese people, and enjoy their wonderful generosity. Participants in this program will be act as conversational language tutors for their host families certain hours a week depending on program options.

In return, participants are provided with a private room and breakfast & dinner every day and an allowance per month when hand in the tutor card with hand host parent's signatures in full. There are 3 options: Au pair program, Vacation language buddy and daily language buddy. Mandarine classes and culture activties are always organized for you! Over 10 cities are available now!

Asia » China » Zhengzhou
Asia » China » Chengdu
Asia » China » Beijing
Asia » China
Salary / Benefits
1. Vacation language buddy will tutor kid your native language 10-20 hours/week, you will get a monthly stipend from $140-$480/month and culture activity once a month. Welcome to arrive from May to October, January to March.
2. Daily Language buddy will tutor host family 5 hours/week. You can work in a local company or study. You just need to pay very small amount of service fee every month.
3. Au pair will take care of kids for 30 hours/week, you will get $100/week as a pocket money and 20 hours mandarine classes. For 6 months program, you will get compensation for airfare back to your country. For 12 months program, you will get air ticket for free.

• Benefits
  • Facilities

Leïla
Bordeaux, France

Unforgettable experience

I have spent 4 wonderful months with a chinese family. When I leave it was like having a second family in China and I'm sure I will meet they again in the future.
This experience allow me to live a chinese life where I learn so much about the culture and about their way of thinking. I have shared a lot of moment with them and their family.
They also helped me during my every day life in China, particularily when I need to use chinese (because not so much people speak english).
I'm really thankfull to BEIT to have put me in relation with such a great family.

Minami
Japan Nagoya
University of Bath

Very nice

I an verry satisfied for throughout my homestay.
The patents are responsible and the kid is talkative and always willing to interact with me.
The home environment is warm and I fully experienced Chinese culture and it was also helpful to improve me Chinese oral skill.
On the weekends, they brought me some nice places in Beijing and treated me as one of their family members.
I was able to have much nicer experiences than I have had imagined.
The agent was also kind and helpful.

I would like to appreciate all of the people I have met during my stay and I am verry enthusiastic to come back to Beijing again. I would choose this homestay programme again. Moreover, I will defensively recommend my friend about this programme :)

Bonnie
Beijing

Fantastic Staff

The staff at the company are friendly and helpful. They helped me find a host family within a five minute walk from my work place. They treated me like a friend and helped me work out all my difficulties. On their part I could not have asked for more.
The family they matched me with was very nice and respectful towards me. However, I think only the right kind of person can live with a host family. It's definitely not for everyone. You want to make sure you have the patience and ability to live outside your comfort zone. I think patience is the key word. As much as the family can annoy you at times, it's important to remember that you probably annoy them just as much :) For me this is the difficult part of living with a family. I sometimes find myself getting really annoyed with them and I am looking forward to it being over.

Andrew
Kalispell, Montana
Whitworth University

Great Homestay Experience

I really enjoyed my time spent living with a Chinese family. Their son, Harry, was enthusiastic about learning English and didn't shy away from acting out words he didn't know how to say. It was very satisfying to see how much Harry's English improved during my three month homestay, and I hope he keeps practicing.

One of the best parts was that my host mom was very good cook and I was able to try a lot of traditional Chinese dishes like jiaozi, baozi, and many things that I still don't know how to say. She even made hot pot several times.

Overall, I think that I learned a lot about the day-to-day life of Chinese families, improved my Chinese, and got to experience what living in China was like. It was a great experience and would definitely do it again.

More organized events.

Martin
Washington DC
Howard University

It is so cool

As for the homestay, it was a good experience. The Li family was very polite and nice and I was the same to them. I thought that they were happy with the exchange. They never told me anything with that regard. Anyways, for the remaining days, I will work with her on her TOEFL exam. I am satisfied with the homesaty at BEIT, and I have already recommended it to a friend of mine.

As for any suggestions re: the homestay, I think that they should make sure that both the teacher and the families understand what is meant by "EXCHANGE" vs. lessons. because if it's about exchange, I have definitely given 15 hours of EXCHANGE per week. that's my only suggestion.

Here at China Homestay, we believe that living and teaching abroad is a once-in-a-lifetime experience! Based in Beijing, we offer the unique experience of living with a local family! Meet the people, eat the food, learn the language, all while enjoying teaching, tutoring, working, or