Opportunity China: Teach English in China

Opportunity China: Teach English in China

Opportunity China is a gateway for both new and experienced English teachers to find exciting and enriching opportunities in China.

Our annual Teach China Graduate Program recruits top grads, and combines development as a practising teacher with personal skills training, and access to the Opportunity China ambassador and support network.

We also have teaching roles available on a year-round basis, in a wide variety of well-managed schools across China.

We pride ourselves on offering a professional and personalised service to all candidates, right from their initial application through to beginning their dream opportunity in China. Teachers are allocated a dedicated Coordinator - and absolutely no administration or deposit fees are charged.

Opportunity China only work with schools and education organisations that meet our high standards. We seek to empower citizens through cultural exchanges that act as a catalyst for cultural and economic enrichment.

Asia » China » Zhengzhou
Asia » China » Beijing
Asia » China
1 Year+
Salary / Benefits
Typically $1300- 1600/ £900- £1100 monthly salary, dependent on the ciy of work and role.
Flight reimbursement

Kevin
Beijing
Florida State University

Efficient and knowledgeable recruiter

I'd highly recommend Opportunity China as a professional recruitment agency, after mixed experiences with other agencies. As an experienced ESL teacher I was specifically looking for an international school role in Beijing, and they quickly found me a job which was a good fit.

The diploma and police check notarization/ authentication process was new since my prior stint teaching in China, and their Coordinator gave thorough guidance on the steps I needed to take. Very helpful staff!

Jennifer
Foshan, Guangdong. China
University of Southampton

Opportunity China's Teach China Graduate Programme

During my final year at university, I was really struggling to find something both fun and challenging to start once I graduated, until I came across the TCGP with Opportunity China. From my first interaction with Stephanie, I immediately felt welcomed and she really knew where I could fit within the Programme according to my qualifications and experience. She was great at finding me a kindergarten that suited what I was looking for, and any questions or concerns I had throughout the application and interview process were answered quickly and thoroughly. I felt very well supported in the lead up to moving to China, OC even organised a training day allowing us to meet other candidates and receive essential pre-departure advice.
When I received my work permit for China and I began the visa application process, Steph was once again on hand to give advice and answer questions and there was great correspondence between OC and the kindergarten. I am now in my first few weeks at Nanhai International Kindergarten in Foshan, China and I am enjoying every minute. OC couldn't have been more helpful both pre and post-departure, the kindergarten is exactly where I wanted to be and I can't wait to see what the next year working in China will hold for me. I would absolutely recommend Opportunity China's TCGP to anyone!

Vincent
Hangzhou
University of Southampton

Professional attitue, helpful and friendly staff

Opportunity China has given me the opportunity to do something great. I could not of imagined doing what I am doing now.

I found out about this company when Tom came to my university to give a talk. They helped me from the start by listening to what I wanted and discussed the options that best suited me. I was given the chance to talk with the school via Skype which helped. I wanted a place that was scenic but with a good city life. When they told me about Hangzhou I never looked back, it has been a perfect place so far.

Upon arrival the school took over with helping me out with any problems. I was given a mentor who was so helpful and always there to talk to. All the staff at the school have been so nice and supportive.
I cant thank Tom and Stephanie enough for there support and help finding such a perfect job for me.

Ami
Manchester, United Kingdom

Professional and very helpful

Opportunity China have been great from the get go. I found out about them when Tom visited my University during my second year. I knew it was something I definitely wanted to do so went a year after graduating after talking to Tom and taking the initial leap in terms of having interviews with different schools in China. Tom replied immediately to any problems or questions I had during the application process and I was set up with a great school in Nanhai, Foshan.

I have been here for nearly 3 months now and I've had the best experience in China so far. I can't thank Tom and Stephanie enough. After departing the U.K to come to China the school took over to helping me get settled in to life here, however I know if I have any problems I feel comfortable enough to be able to message Tom if needs be!

Really professional and knowledgeable about all things China related!

Emma
Milan, Italy

Thank- you Opportunity China!

After graduating from University I wasn't quite sure where to place myself. I knew exactly what kind of thing i wanted to do but I couldn't verbalise it. I didn't have a location in mind or a plan but I was itching to do something and fast! I applied for a plethora of Teach Abroad schemes and it seemed that along the way there was always a catch- a large upfront payment to secure a place usually. I'd almost given up and accepted that I would need to pay to get a job abroad when I got an email from Opportunity China via my University careers service. I opened the email and thought 'great another opportunity to pay someone to hire me.' I looked at the applications page and it was quite short so I thought at least when I'm disappointed I haven't invested too much time. A few hours later I got a reply telling me I had progressed to interview stage which I was very surprised and honestly slightly dubious about. I spoke to Stephanie via Skype who was super friendly and generally just wanted to get to know a little about my background and my interest in teaching in China. After chatting and discussing my teaching styles and preferences Stephanie emailed me a list of job roles she felt were suitable for what I was looking for. She took into account my Drama degree and found me roles that incorporated that fun style of teaching, she also highlighted one school in particular that she felt I would like and trusting her advice I asked her to put me forward for an interview. I interviewed with York a few days later and knew straight away that the school was for me. After passing the first interview and subsequently having a second within the week, I got the job! I can't thank Opportunity China enough for turning things around for me so quickly. It was a fortnight from receiving their first email that I secured a dream job Teaching in China and I waited for a catch and it never came. They supported me through my Visa process and the run up to my departure ensuring that the school was supporting me and asking if I needed any help with flights etc. Even after arriving in Fuzhou I received emails from Stephanie and Tom checking how everything was going which was so lovely. I can't recommend their services enough, especially after trolling through so many schemes that take advantage of people and exploit these teaching opportunities. Opportunity China also give me a discount on my TEFL qualification making my journey more affordable. A company with such a personal involvement and amazing ethos and support system.

n/a

Elaine
London, United Kingdom

An excellent recruiter

Tom and Stephanie have been excellent in setting me up to work in China. Stephanie took my anxieties into consideration when I explained how my nerves are bad without teacher support. She then emailed me a list of schools highlighting the ones with excellent teacher training and support. One of those schools I applied for, York English, accepted me and I'm now in Fuzhou and teaching in an excellent school who can't do enough to make sure their teachers are adjusted and settled. I haven't communicated much with Opportunity China since I arrived in Fuzhou but I know if there was anything I needed support or help with that I could contact them and they'd try to help but so far, York have made my transition from Leeds, England to Fuzhou, China an amazing and stress free experience.

Anna
Russia

Very reliable!

Great support! Ready to answer your questions and provide information/help asap!
They enthusiastic group of professionals, who work as a team and when you inquire about something you can be sure people in the office will be aware of who you are, what your position and job is)

I would welcome the opportunity to work with them again and would definitely recommend to work with " Opportunity China"

Emy
London, UK
Kingston University

A Great Experience, Would Recommend to Anyone

Tom and Stephanie did a great job of setting me up with a school and keeping in touch (especially in the crucial first days in China). They put me in touch with another teacher currently working in my city so that I could get honest and reliable answers to my questions.

Tom was available for every step of the interview and visa process and was happy to help with any inquiries that arose. Tom visited my city and although we did not get a chance to meet up, the fact that he (and Stephanie) have experience teaching and traveling in China and East Asia was immensely comforting.

I was also given plenty of opportunities to write for the website to boost my online presence and CV.

Ultimately, I feel Opportunity China prepared me as well as possible for the experience.

Bear in mind that once you are in China, there is only so much Opportunity China can help you. They will send you to a good school, that will take great care of you but there is not much they can do for you if you have a problem.

Chris
Hangzhou, China
University of the West of England

Professional, Caring recruiter

Opportunity China first put the idea of teaching in China into my head when they did a presentation at my university. I put in a lot of research into other recruiters, TEFL and working in China and ultimately decided to go with Opportunity China rather than try it alone or use an alternative recruiter.

Opportunity China have been professional throughout the entire process and I have zero complaints at all.

Since coming and working in China I have not needed their support but feel I could still ask Opportunity China for help if I needed to.

Overall I am happy with my decision to go with Opportunity China

Opportunity China is a gateway to exciting and enriching opportunities in China.

We pride ourselves on offering a professional and personalised service to every teacher, right from initial application through to beginning a dream opportunity in China.

Opportunity China place new teachers and experienced professionals