Teach English in China with New Life ESL

Support. Honesty. Transparency.

This is what makes up the foundation of New Life ESL’s mission. Looking for a reliable teaching position in China is no easy feat. Between scams, visa run arounds, and two-sided contracts, you may not have a solid idea of who to trust when seeking a trustworthy school. From the beginning of your application, we will provide you with proper, clear guidance, and 100% of the information needed to make your transition into the Middle Kingdom as stress-free as possible. New Life ESL is China’s only all-American recruiting agency with years of teaching experience and living experience in China. Let our social media and web reviews be a guide to show you just how satisfied our teachers are.

• Benefits 9.5
  • Facilities 9.2
Caleb

Trustworthy

I couldn’t sleep one night, so I did some research on teaching in China. I came across New Life ESL and contacted Kimmie about making the move. Within a week I had five interviews lined up. A few months later I started at a school in Dalian China. So far it has been an amazing experience. I couldn’t have done it without Kimmie and New Life. She helped me through the entire process. It was so great to have someone I could trust to help me through the process. (As well as someone who had been through the process themselves.) If you are planning on teaching in China, I would highly recommend going through New Life ESL.

Charlotte

Would highly recommend Monica and her team

I can't speak highly enough of the New Life ESL team! Monica was so friendly and helpful right from the second I put in my application, guiding me through the processes step by step and always answering my many (many) emails very quickly! I have been in Wuhan six months now undertaking my first teaching job. Even after getting here, when I've had issues with how my school have been treating me, she has offered to step in and help me out and is always easily contactable via WeChat, not only for work related purposes but as a friend, too!

Really can't recommend this company enough - they will find you a job that suits your individual needs and salary requirements and guide you every step of the way to make your move as seamless as possible

I can't think of any ways right now that this programme could be improved.
William

Fantastic

What a fantastic company! New Life ESL made it so easy to find job placement and get sorted as I prepared to make a big life change form Melbourne Australia to Shanghai. I would highly recomend getting in touch with them if you are thinking about teaching overseas and making some big life transitions. The experience has been so positive and now I am in Shanghai with my new school and life. Thank you Kimmie from New Life your the best!
Kind regards,
William

Tyra

New Life helped me see the World!

“Support. Honesty. Transparency.” That’s New Life ESL’s mission. I’m living proof that they follow and live up to it. From the beginning of my application process, Brendan was with me the whole way explaining contracts, introducing me to new schools and making sure that I was choosing the right school. When I didn’t like one school he found me two more. When I didn’t like those two he found me four more!
However, his “job” didn’t stop there. He generally cares about each of his clients, kind of like an older brother.
When I arrived to Beijing, he met up with me and gave me some more tips about teaching in China. He hooked me up with some phone apps to help find transportation and food. He even gave me my first hongbao (red packet) of wechat money.
Working in China wouldn’t have been easy without New Life ESL and I am grateful for them! My kids are too ;)

Doesn't need to be. It needs more clients, like you who are reading :)!
Mark

An experience money can't buy!

After hearing about the benefits, chance to travel and quality of life teaching English in china. I decided to do an online search. After subscribing to a few mailing lists and sending a few emails. I was contacted by Brendan. I explained that this was just an idea I had and maybe I wouldn't take the plunge and move until maybe a year down the line, or maybe not even at all. This didn't stop Brendan's enthusiasm shining through! Undeterred by my lack of commitment, he still took the time to explain all the different possible options available, we talked about visas, schools, training centres and general life in China as a whole. A year later after a couple of Skype interviews I packed up and arrived in China. I chose to teach in Foshan as I already knew some people who had been working there. I was overjoyed with my new job and life in Foshan. Brendan took the time to get to know about me, then set me up with a great Kindergarten. He then helped me to find an apartment, advised me about opening a bank account here and gave me some great tips about planning and teaching for kindergarten children. This would have been a very daunting and problematic transition to make on my own. New Life ESL took me by the hand, guided me and didn't let go until I felt comfortable in my new life!
They are an amazingly caring, considerate team with outstanding attention to detail.

New Life ESL you rock!

I don't think it can...
Jessica

NL ESL helped me so much!

My new life began in August 2017 a few months after I found New Life ESL. I originally found them on Instagram after looking for photos of China. Sent them a quick message on IG and Monica replied shortly after.

Then process started quickly and smoothly. Monica arranged a call with me on Skype. There she discussed the process, how New Life would help me, and answered all of my questions.

I interviewed with 4 of New Life’s partner schools, all in different cities. I originally wanted a position in Shanghai but selected a position in Nanjing. Nanjing is much cheaper than Shanghai. Plus it still has a large expat community. And life is easy here.

I want to tell you all that I think the folks at New Life ESL are all great. And they want to help you. That’s their mission. If you are ready to come teach in China then choose NL ESL!

No complaints. They're lovely people. Wish them the best!
Richard

Finally, I'm in China and have no regrets!

I first applied with New Life ESL a couple years ago. Teaching ESL in China was something I had heard mutual contacts had done before in Boston. I had always wanted to travel and it seemed like a fun idea to get out, travel, teach English, and experience China for a year.

Unfortunately a family issue kept me stateside for some extra time but once everything came together, I messaged the NL team on Facebook and got things going!

Monica, Brendan, and Derrick run a great business. These 3 owners answered EVERY question I had about coming to China. Found me a great position at a middle school in Shanghai. They even helped me find a cheap flight to Shanghai! These guys are great and I will forever recommend NL to anyone that wants to teach in China or Asia.

Life in China is perfect. I've been here for a few months, teach 20 hours a week, and even started studying Chinese. This is a really good life. If you ever make it out to Shanghai, be sure to try the soup dumplings. Thanks, New Life!

Jason

Teaching in China is cool

Monica put me in touch with several potential employers in China, and I had a wide range of places throughout China to choose from. I had my choice of working for the public schools, training centers or international schools. The process of moving to China and becoming legal was complicated but I had help every step of the way. Monica at New Life ESL knows them all and helped me to choose the right fit for me! She was able to answer all my questions and provide feedback very quickly despite the time differences from the US and China. Living in Shenzhen is awesome on every level!

Brody

So happy!

I'm overjoyed with my new job and life in Beijing. Brendan took the time to get to know me and then setup a great school and interview. The help didn't stop there, he helped me find a house, offered suggestions and tips for those new to the area etc. I have to say it would have been very difficult to make this transition on my own but with New Life ESL it was EASY. Truly a dedicated, honest and caring team.

Thank you New Life ESL!

Cameron

New Life in Hanzhong

As the title implies, I have begun teaching English in Hanzhong, Shaanxi. I have had a a deep interest in language learning for more than a decade and now it seems surreal that I have the honor of attempting to spark the same passion for learning here in China! I am grateful to New Life ESL for providing me the opportunity to embark on this new career path. I worked with Brendan to get here and, from the beginning, I was impressed with how dedicated he was to guiding me through the process, educating me about important aspects of life in China, and giving me a timetable around which I could smoothly plan my transition. Work with New Life ESL if you want to feel confident about your plans.

Amanda

New Life ESL will make your teaching dreams come true

I applied with New Life in March for a position with an international school position but only just got here in August. I had plenty of time to go through the interview process, secure my Visa, and take care of everything I needed to do back home. Brendan and I talked very frequently. Almost everyday either on Skype, Facebook, email, or WeChat. He answered all my questions and helped me get mentally prepared for my new career in China.

Almost 3 months here and everything has been great! I work at an excellent public school in Guangzhou with a great staff. My kids are great. The food is great. I've made so many new friends from everywhere and I'm even learning Mandarin!

I will recommend New Life ESL to anyone that wants to work with a legit American company going through this process. They still stay in contact with me to this day and I'm thrilled to be part of the team. Thanks New Life!

Gg

First Time In China! :o)

I've only been here for a little over a month. So far, I've had the opportunity to visit some really nice restaurants, shopping centers, and enjoy the city's greenery. I love being outdoors and the walking to and from the metro (and literally everywhere) is forcing me to finally be able to meet those health goals I kept putting off back home.

None of this would not have been possible without the help of New Life (Thanks Monica!), who helped me to cut corners trying to get here. I'm glad I took the initiative to attempt something I have been wanting to do for some time, but did not know exactly how to make it happen. :o)

Grateful,
~g~

Charlotte

Teaching Abroad

A friend of mine has been working in China for the past few years and she told me about Teach English in China New Life (TECNL). I applied through the company and quickly heard back from them. They wanted to get to know me and what I was looking for first. After that they put my in touch with Sea Dragon who asked me for an interview. Sea Dragon were great, a little slow, but they have had sixty new teachers join the company all within 2/3 weeks its not going to be perfect. TECNL have stayed in contact with me through the whole process and once I arrived in China have messaged me a few times to make sure everything is going well.
I would defiantly recommend both TECNL and Sea Dragon for anyone wishing to come out to China to teach.

Kl

Fantastic Experience with New Life ESL

If you are applying for a teaching position in China, do yourself a favor and have New Life help find you a job. If you're like me, you are probably doing all your research online - finding positions, reading about what it's like to live overseas and how best to make it all happen. I didn't know anything about the ESL industry and it's difficult to wade through all the garbage on the internet. One website tells you one thing and another will tell you the complete opposite, it's hard to know who and what to rely on.
Because New Life is a small company created by expats who taught overseas, they know the ropes. They will pay attention to you and your needs, and place you with a school they have already vetted. This is very important! Most recruiters in China just want to fill positions, the quality of the schools is not necessarily a high priority.
I worked with Derrick, so friendly and he was consistently available to answer all the questions I had. And I had tons of questions! The transparency of our interactions was refreshing. I landed in an awesome school that cares very much about their employees. I wouldn't work with any other recruiter and highly recommend New Life.

Aleksandra

Spot On

Hello guys,
I'd seriously recommend this agency. I was recruited by Brendan. All the way through the recruitment process it felt like I was the only person he was dealing with. He always had time for me, he was there when I had even the simplest of questions and he listened. He asked me what I wanted from a job and matched these criteria perfectly with the school I am working in now. When unluckily all my documents got lost in the post (visa+ passport) and I was panicking, he was there, consoling me and presenting my misfortune to the school. I felt like he was completely on my side. I managed to sort out the documentation in due time in the end.
Also, he went out of his way to connect me with the teachers who had already worked in the location of my destination prior to my arrival; in order to erase any doubts I had. Well, I had doubts. The job sounded too good to be true. Having dealt with quite a few agencies and read many horror stories about China I was sceptical at best.
I am here now. I’ve been here for nearly 6 months and I’m still living a dream. My job is perfectly tailored to my needs and wants. Let me tell you a bit about it. I hate waking up in the morning; so he got me a job with afternoon starts. I prefer smaller groups; none of my groups is bigger than 16 kids. I travel to work by a taxi and the school reimburses me. I am treated with an utmost respect. The kids are sweet and loving. I have a lot of free time so I can plan my lessons and create materials for them. My imagination, not time, is my limit. Not once have I been stressed or angry at work. And for that all I get paid a really decent money as for China. Every month, despite having literally lavish meals in the restaurants and getting whatever I fancy, I still manage to save more than I ever could on a bigger salary and a serious budget in the UK.
I consider myself very lucky to have found Brendan. My life is amazing because he took time to listen. Even now, after having found me the job, he periodically checks if everything is OK. He collects reviews about schools from the people he got jobs. This way he can eliminate the dodgy ones. The guy would never put you up with a dishonest employer, he himself warned me about certain malpractices concerning tourist visas.Also,he suggested installing VPN prior to my arrival and even got me a good deal on one. Without that it would have been much more difficult to survive here.
Take it from me; a person who rarely leaves good reviews. Hope to see you here soon. It is a New Life indeed.

About New Life ESL

New Life ESL is the only American recruiting company placing YOU at a great school in China. By teachers, for teachers, we're here with you every step of the way to make sure your New Life in China is a great experience!!

Being teachers in China...