ITTT TEFL Course in China

ITTT TEFL Course in China

Demand for TEFL teachers in China is very high and ITTT’s three training centers in Shanghai, Beijing and Zhuhai are well placed to provide the latest information on the local job markets. Taking your course at one of ITTT’s China TEFL schools gives you the chance to really get to know the local area and our lifetime job placement guidance will help you find your first teaching job. During the course you will receive instruction in the theories of English language teaching covering methodology English grammar, phonology, lesson planning and more. You will also take part in several practical teaching sessions with real students to help you develop your teaching skills even further.

Our quality course materials, excellent resources and dedicated trainers will ensure that you are well prepared for your first job teaching English as a foreign language.

Prefer an online TEFL option? Enroll in ITTT's online course today!

Asia » China » Shanghai

• Facilities

AHudson
PEI

Good Course

I took the 4 week TEFL Course in Zhuhai in May 2012. The course was very well organized and the staff went above and beyond to make sure all students had what they needed. Jenny and Brad are both very knowledgeable and they worked to make sure the course material was well understood. The practical portion of the course contained 8 teaching lessons which were insightful and fun. Highly recommended!

All of the lessons taught to the Chinese students were based upon two very specific models. It would have been a positive challenge if each TEFL student were encouraged to plan a lesson completely from scratch in order to further understand possible challenges of teaching abroad.

Alan
Hangzhou
Newcastle University

TEFL training Zhuhai

This course was equally challenging and useful for my future teaching in China subsequently. During the course, Brad and Jenny got through a fantastic amount of theory, and later: real time practise, even though I had had no prior experience.

The lessons you teach in real schools are critically evaluated and excellent constructive feedback is given to help you improve. My confidence in a teaching environment, the ability to think creatively and get into the minds of the students took a sharp rise during the latter stages of the course.

If you come here to Zhuhai, you will work hard, make your own flashcards, write your lessons, teach large classes, teach small classes, laugh, cry and have an invigorating experience. I might add that Zhuhai is an extremely pleasant, clean and fun town to be in, with Macau literally on its border. You will probably meet ex-course students of Brad and Jenny in the excellent cheap bar next to the school at the end of the day, who are as welcoming and friendly as them.

Brad has a wealth of useful experience under his belt and Jenny is incredibly charming, intelligent, professional and lovely. We all went for a meal together at the end of the course, which was delightful.

I have found that the variety of schools and different aged children that I taught during this course, prepared me well for classes I encountered outside. There were no surprises. You'll teach students of all ages and learn a lot about yourself.

Once the theory was taught I struggled personally with the lesson planning as I am a perfectionist and teaching is a formula that is improved through experience. I wanted to get it right straight away. My frustration with my own perceived lack of support planning these lessons resulted excellent and genuine critical feedback from Brad.

At the time, this was difficult, but in retrospect I understand why it was important to give input that was 100% my own. I had no real issues with this programme overall though. Accomodation, food, internet access, getting a new phone or sim card: all sorted. Do it!

John
Hangzhou, China
Newcastle University

Zhuhai TEFL

I took this course in Feburary 2012. We had a small class of on four so we had plenty of one and one time with the trainers Brad and Jenny. They are both excellent providing critical feedback to all of the practical aspects of the course.

The course itself can be quite demanding with a lot of new information threw at you every day and having to crest lesson plans from scratch without much to go on. However if you plan to teach English in China this is invaluable training as the school you may end up at may have few or no resources to work with so you will be we'll prepared to deal with the situation.

I really enjoyed the classroom teaching during the course. The schools that we went to were very welcoming and for the most part the students were willing to learn what we had prepared to teach them.

I have been teaching in China now for over a year and a half and have used many of the techniques and some of the lesson plans that were presented to us during this course.

I'd highly recommend anyone interested in doing a TEFL to go to Zhuhai! Brand and Jenny will set you off to a great start teaching in China!

John.

At times people in my group would become frustrated when they felt that they were not getting enough direction from the trainers when preparing for lesson plans. However upon reflection this method allows you to work around the problem yourself and with the rest of the people on the course to come to a better understanding of the problems you are facing.

Eduardo
Weifang, Shandong, China

TESOL in Zhuhai

I took the course in Zhuhai in July 2013. Our group of 10 was cheerful and supportive, and I could witness the blooming of meaningful personal relationships. That came in handy, considering that the course is not easy and you will find yourself busy preparing classes and taking in new information for most of the month. Four of the trainees were Chinese, three american and the other three, including me, were non-native English speakers from abroad. Accommodation, located about 10 minutes walk from the school, was reasonable, if not great, and not too expensive.

Each of us taught 6 supervised classes during the course, mostly preparing our own materials from scratch. The single greatest feature of the course is the quality of the feedback provided by Brad and Jenny, the trainers, after each supervised class - it's detailed, sincere, and directed at the heart of the issues that make or break a teacher in the class environment.

Another great feature is the approachability of the trainers, who were happy to take us on off-school programs and help out with day-to-day complications.

More focus on teaching higher-level English, more time devoted to the theoretical side of English (grammar and pronunciation). Considering the 120 time constraint that the team works under, however, they have structured a great course.
Job placement support stumbled upon the change of visa regulations that was undergoing in July 2013, but the trainers were still willing and able to propose solutions and recommendations.

Since 1993, ITTT has provided industry-leading TEFL Teacher Training to over 150,000 trainees who are now working in over 40 countries around the world. With a large array of TEFL course options, including online, in-class and combined, ITTT TEFL aims to support and educate future