ESL Teacher - Shanghai - Affordable District - Apt Available

Positions available for ESL teachers of all experience levels. Bachelors degree required.

Hours: 30 work hrs (25 teaching)
Salary: up to 14,000 RMB (2100 USD)
Housing of your choice available
7000 RMB (1100 USD) Flight Reimbursement (Upon arrival)
Work Permit and Z Visa (at no cost, sponsored by school)
16 Days Paid Vacation, 15 unpaid days available (1 month total vacation)
We assist you every step of the way as you make your transition to Shanghai!

Teaching takes place in our training centers as well as public high schools in the area. In the centers class sizes are 8 or less. In the public schools class sizes are around 20 students. Curriculum and lesson plans are provided by the school, but our teachers have the freedom to adapt them as they see fit.

Wonderful Education is a collection of language schools located in the Songjiang district of Shanghai. We offer an enjoyable work environment with cooperation and collaboration between our foreign and Chinese staff.

• Beautiful and Historic Songjiang District of Shanghai
  • High Salary & Low Cost of Living
  • 31 Vacation Days
  • Settling-in Assistance (Hotel, Apartment, Phone, Bank Account)
  • Medical Coverage

• Benefits 9
  • Facilities 10
Kateryna

First Teaching Experience in China

2 years ago I decided to start looking for a teaching job in Shanghai. I came upon Wonderful English through a friend. There are so many language schools in China and it was hard to know which companies were trustworthy, so I decided to go with the one that was reccomended to me.

I have to admit that I had doubts about accepting the position, but the managing staff set up several Skype calls and let me talk to the other foreign teachers. From that point forward, everybody was understanding, helpful and supportive--both about settling in in a completely new culture and my professional responsibilities.

Over the past year and a half, I've taught middle school, high school and adults of differing levels of language proficiency. I like that I'm free to choose my own materials to supplement the standard curriculum. I also have the freedom to develop my own teaching style. As for the work schedule, the company has been quite accomodating and also tries to support me in any personal issues. This can be a big help when you don't speak the local language.

I would recommend this company because I feel secure here. I can rely on management and count on their help when I need them.

I feel like the downside of my job here (and not speaking Chinese) is the fact that I feel a little disconnected from the Chinese teachers that I work with. I would love to spend more time with them and bridging the cultural gap.
Panama
Landon

A School You Can Trust

My wife and I decided that we wanted to have an adventure and take a teaching position in China. We knew there were many opportunities, but we had also heard some horror stories about people being tricked and cheated in China. After a positive recommendation from a fellow American online, we decided to interview with Sophie at Wonderful International English.

After our interview with Sophie, we decided this was the school we wanted to work for. She was honest, straightforward and professional. She helped us with all the paperwork and we felt confident that she knew what she was doing. Once we arrived the school picked us up at the airport, took us to our hotel room and began researching apartments for us. Later we got our work visas, bank accounts and phones. The school helped us settle in to our life here in China without any problems.

The work is enjoyable and actually quite easy. We work at the training centers here in Songjiang. Most of our students are adults so they are polite and serious about learning English. The children are also well-behaved and even more fun.

I would say that if you want to come teach in China, you cannot do much better than this! We have had no problems and are completely happy at this school. Talk to Sophie, she is the best!

Communication between teachers and management could be improved. I think this is just a cultural difference between America and China.

About Wonderful International English

Wonderful International English is a collection of English Language training schools located throughout the greater Shanghai area of China. We have expanded to include 8 learning centers, and also hold teaching contracts with Shanghai public...