Paid Teaching & TEFL Program in Vietnam with TravelBud

COVID-19 Program Updates
Due to global health & safety concerns and travel restrictions related to the coronavirus, TravelBud has decided to pause some of their upcoming programs temporarily. Learn more about COVID-19 updates and sign up for email notifications to stay tuned regarding program information.

Vietnamese woman in Mekong Delta
Vietnamese woman in Mekong Delta
vietnamese food deep fried battered fish
vietnamese food deep fried battered fish
English teacher in Vietnam in front of class
English teacher in Vietnam in front of class
Teachers with student in Vietnam
Teachers with student in Vietnam

With modern cities, a tropical climate, fascinating history, unique culture and world-renowned cuisine, there are plenty of reasons to choose Vietnam as your teach-abroad destination. Our teach English in Vietnam program adds a few extra reasons too with TESOL accreditation and guaranteed placement at private language centres in uber-hip Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon).

With TravelBud programs you'll always get great pre-departure support with guidance on your application and visa to help you avoid mistakes. But the support doesn't stop there, from the moment you land and are picked up by our complimentary airport shuttle to when you end your adventure and head on home, we provide 24/7 in-country support to answer any questions whether big or small or to help you out if something goes wrong.

TravelBud teachers in Vietnam also earn up to $1800 per month which, with the low cost of living, goes a long way towards exploring this stunning country on weekends and holidays!

• Guaranteed teaching job with great pay of $1200 to $1800 (USD) per month.
  • Excellent pre-departure support to prepare you for the trip ahead.
  • 24/7 in-country support for anything you might need while teaching abroad.
  • 1-Week cultural orientation in-country to prepare you for life in Vietnam.
  • 120-hour in-country TESOL course tailored to teaching English in Vietnam. Includes 2 days of practical teaching experience at a local school.

We're offering flexible enrollment options amidst COVID-19. Our next available start dates are:

Costa Rica: June 29th

• Academic Rigor 6.6
  • Job Assistance 9.6
Aubrey

Excite your brain

Every single moment since I have arrived in Vietnam has felt like a vivid story in my head. Not only are we just learning in the classroom- we are learning every time we step outside. Whether it’s reading signs , asking questions to local people in Vietnamese or looking in doorways as you pass down side streets... there is truly never a dull moment. Travel Bud had me feeling so well prepared for this trip. The comfort they provided me set the tone for a welcoming , warm journey into Vietnam. I have felt extremely looked after and the way that the staff (especially Saskia) responded to every question I asked no matter how big or small was both genuine and helpful.

Personally I think TravelBud was everything I could have asked for. I think the handoff to their in-country partner could be a bit smoother. I found a few times that they started providing me with differing info than I had been told initially by Travel Bud
Jared

Vietnam with TravelBud

TravelBud have been an excellent resource, and the experience as a whole has been wonderful so far. I had never left the US before signing up to come teach and it's been great. Vietnam as a whole has been amazing, and the kids I am teaching are fantastic. The companies who guided me through this process have really been exemplary in their ability to make sure everything went as smoothly as possible.

The food here is unbelievable. So delicious, and so affordable. Don't be afraid of street food, it's so good. You quickly get a favorite vendor for most anything you can eat.

Read everything and ask questions. The process can be a bit overwhelming, so it is easy to lose a detail or two and misunderstand a component of the program or requirements. TravelBud are great at guiding you through everything, so don't be afraid to ask. Also, once you start teaching, inevitably you will get sick. So hand sanitizer, plenty of Vitamin C, etc should be in your tool kit going into a placement.
Sibusile

The best experience ever!

I had decided to go overseas for the first time in my life through Travelbud. I was quite nervous but it turned out to be one of the most life changing experiences for me. Travelbud actively helped me through the whole process from getting my documents ready to getting a school in Vietnam. Travelbud was also very consistent with the emails and responding to questions which would put me at ease throughout the process. I really enjoyed the TESOL program in Vietnam because I got the chance to make new friends, experience Vietnam and it's culture before settling down in the city where my school was located. I would highly recommend Travelbud as they are pretty dedicated to making sure you get placed in good schools according to your preference and even after your placement they still check up on you to make sure everything is going well!

My advice to future travelers is to stay dedicated to your job,, actively enjoy the Vietnamese culture and remember to have lots of fun. These programs are quite pricey so make sure to use it to the best of your ability. Be active in your schools as your colleagues are extremely helpful and the children are very cute, enthusiastic and engaging. Don't forget to see the rest of Vietnam!. Make friends, tryout the Vietnamese beer, learn to ride a bike and take a lot of pictures!
Ellie

A Priceless Introduction to Teaching in Vietnam

My husband and I decided to take the leap and start teaching in Vietnam in 2018. Both unqualified to teach English abroad and with zero teaching experience, we trawled the internet for our best option. Naturally nervous about the prospect, we were looking for the best support we could find.

We came across TravelBud online and decided we would get in touch. From the second I contacted them, we received ongoing support from the team. We spoke directly with recruitment and discussed our situation. Quickly we decided that this would be the company we chose.

TravelBud helped us with visas, document legalisation and preparation in the following months. They ensured that we were on track to arrive in Vietnam with everything we needed.

When we arrived at the airport, we were collected and taken to our accommodation. All of which had been arranged for us as part of our overall fee. The accommodation provided is extremely basic in Vietnam, but to be expected.

We were invited to a welcome meal with all of our course mates. This was a great way to feel settled. Especially for those taking the leap alone.

Over the next month we received in class training, with an opportunity to gain teaching experience. Upon completion of the course, we were placed in one of Vietnam's most reputable independent teaching centres. A company we still work for today, 16 months on!

Overall, TravelBud gave us the support and confidence we needed to start our new lives in SE Asia. Without them, I'm not sure we'd ever have left England.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Standing in front of 16 Vietnamese kids about to teach my first class was easily one of the most nerve-racking moments of my life!
Knowing I wasn't alone in this experience as all of my course mates were in the same boat definitely calmed my nerves and helped me face it head on!
Read my full story
Amy-lee

From Nam Phi to Vietnam

I really enjoyed my experience traveling to Vietnam through TravelBud and their in-country partner. TravelBud (specifically Saskia) provided excellent support and was always available to answer any questions or concerns I had. Meeting new people, awesome experiences and practical teaching experience are a few of the many reasons why I enjoyed the in-class TESOL course. The TESOL course was quite intensive but I am glad I chose to do the in-class course, rather than doing a course online. They had a great program to assist with the transition and adjustment to living in a new country and also provided valuable cultural insights. I received good support and advice with regards to job placement and I am glad I chose the TravelBud program.

The program was quite intensive for the allocated period so I think spreading the course content over a slightly longer period of time may be better.
Kelsey

Teaching English in South-East Asia

Teaching English in Asia has been the best thing I have done for myself! It has given me direction, independence and a new mindset. I really enjoyed the in country TESOL certificate I obtained as it also included an orientation week. We were thoroughly trained in all the different aspects of teaching from lesson planning to student management. We also had the opportunity to teach for 2 days in an actual school which prepped us for the real thing. During the orientation, we learnt how to cook traditional meals, learnt about the culture and had Thai lessons. Our accommodation was right by the beach, which was perfect for an early morning swim. I loved my experience and would highly recommend it to anyone looking into teaching abroad or for a change.

Everything is a learning experience. Try, eat, see and do new things with an open mind. This adventure will be the most important lesson about yourself!
Response from TravelBud

Thank you for the lovely review, Kelsey. We're so happy to see you flourishing in Vietnam and that our TESOL certification course and cultural orientation gave you just what you needed to be the successful teacher you are today.

We're always here to help so please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team at anytime :)

Keep embracing every moment of it!

Stu and the TravelBud team

Chris

Travelbud will help you every step of the way!

My experience was unique, life changing and fun. Travelbud provided support from day one, giving all the information and support needed along the way. They provided high quality training which included cultural orientation and booked great accommodation in every city on the trip. I never had to worry about not having the correct documentation and I loved every minute of teaching and travelling abroad. Travelbud helped to ensure that I was provided with a good job and a competitive salary. I would highly recommend this program to anyone seeking a teaching/travel abroad experience in a beautiful country that is rich in culture and scenery. Southeast Asia is a beautiful travel destination, and Vietnam is one of the most beautiful places to see and experience.

Try something new and embrace a different country! It will change your perspective.
Sarah

Paid Teaching Program in Vietnam and TESOL in Thailand

I had the most life changing experience last year when I decided to go to Vietnam and teach English. I was incredibly nervous before leaving but TravelBud was with me every step of the way, from visa application, certified documentation and 24/7 support once I was abroad. I received my TESOL certificate in Thailand which was amazing, I was able to connect with people from all over the world. The TESOL equipped me for the months to come of teaching. I really enjoyed the cultural orientation I felt this was really important it really prepared me for what to come and gave me a deeper understanding of the culture. It was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND this to everyone who has always dreamed of travelling.