ITTT TEFL Course in Alexandria, Egypt

ITTT TEFL Course in Alexandria, Egypt

ITTT’s TEFL course in Egypt gives you the opportunity to study our 4-week course in the fascinating city of Alexandria and the free weekend tours provided for all participants are a great way to get to know the country and fellow trainees. With expert instruction in teaching methods and English language concepts, plus plenty of observed teaching practice with real English language students, the course will give you all you need to start your English teaching career with confidence. On graduating, not only will you receive an internationally recognized teaching certificate but you will also be eligible for our lifetime job placement support.

Prefer an online TEFL option? Enroll in ITTT's online course today!

Africa » Egypt » Alexandria

• Facilities

Brendan
Xavier University of Ohio

TELF in Alexandria

Friendly, enthusiastic, considerate, and generous hosts and staff.

Spacious, quiet, relaxing, and beach-accessible accommodations in Agamy.

Diverse, interesting colleagues from across the globe.

Fun, enlightening, and educational opportunities.

Great memories.

Mark
Sydney, Australia
University of Western Sydney

A professional experience to remember

Aside from the ancient glorious city of Alexandria that humbly nests itself against the Med Sea (and what an ancient spectacle that is), the team at TEFL Egypt were utterly modern, hospitable and attentive to my unique cultural needs. I completed the course having gained a deeper insight into teaching English as a foreign language, however also developed a sense of confidence operating within my element. I met some incredible people and the best part of all was landing a job there and teaching immediately after my course! Without a hesitation, completing this course changed my life both professionally and personally... and I am truly grateful for that.
Mark S.
TEFL Cert. Graduate Feb. 2010.

Susan
New York, USA
Queens College

TEFL Alexandria

I completed the program in December 2010. What I learned at TEFL was everything I needed to be an effective ESOL teacher. Every person I met at TEFL was very supportive and were very knowledgeable about current teaching methodologies. They truly want you to succeed. If you want to teach English abroad do this program. I promise you won't regret it!

The accommodation in Alexandria was very comfortable and any questions I had, Shaimaa was more than happy to answer. The accommodation is far from the city, however, there are plenty of restaurants and stores and the Mediterranean Sea is in your backyard!

I highly recommend this program. You will learn so much while immersing yourself in Egyptian culture.

J.
Saudi Arabia
Indiana State University

My time at TEFL

I did my TEFL in Alexandria in the summer of 2010. It was one of the best decisions I have ever made. TEFL Alexandria prepared me for my career as an English teacher. The support staff was amazing. If it were not for people like Shaimaa, who helped me transition from TEFL housing to my own apartment, I would have never made it in Egypt. Another plus with the program, I met my wife there.

Michelle
Seattle, Washington

Best time of my life

My time at TEFL Alexandria will remain with me for life. I learned so much and made some incredible friends.

I was there under some unusual circumstances (both during and after the revolution) and no matter what the TEFL team always looked after me and made sure I was safe and well accommodated.

The content and structure of the TEFL classes were first-rate as well as the teachers, Nevien, Riham, Rasha and Magda. They were all brilliant, professional and caring instructors. Bassent at the front desk was always a great resource and a wonderful help, as well as Samah and Rasha, who looked after the facility. I will never forget Samah for her friendliness and ability to strike up a conversation with me despite the language barrier.

But my time there wouldn't have been the same without the help and friendship of Shiamaa, who is in charge of accommodations. She is a dear friend to this day. Our long conversations over tea and trips around the city are some of my best memories. As was our daily commute from our accommodations in Agamy to the classroom in Alex. Despite the long drive, this time on the road was a great way to see the city and it was always made memorable by our driver uncle Hussein who never missed an opportunity to laugh with us and teach us Arabic. I never laughed so hard as when uncle Hussein and my classmate Karen would go at it cracking jokes across the language barrier. It was a riot.

My emphasis thus far has been on the relationships built rather than the course itself because for me that is what made my time so incredible and will keep me coming back to Egypt for a lifetime. But the course itself was truly superb and jam-packed. The instructors work you hard but for the sole purpose of equipping you with the tools necessary to be the best English teacher possible. I can't recommend this course enough, for both the skills and knowledge you will gain but also for the friendships and connections you will surely forge if you go into it with an open heart. TEFL got me hooked on Egypt and despite the exaggerated, fear-mongering headlines I will continue coming back for life!

Adam
Worcestershire, England
University of Manchester

TEFL and beyond!!

I took my TEFL in Alexandria 7 years ago and I have worked in education ever since. From teaching in Egypt, Syria and the UK to working as Director of Studies for a summer school. I now work in marketing EFL courses and am still amazed at how the skills I learnt at TEFL International Alexandria help me in my work even after outside of the classroom. Studying in Alexandria also gave me the confidence to go and take a degree in Arabic Studies. I'm personally indebted to Khaled, both Shaimaa's, Abdallah and even Mohamed and uncle Hussayn (the drivers) for providing such a wonderful experience. Everything about the course is perfect!

If I had to be critical (not easy though considering the course) it would be distance from accommodation to the school. However, it's really not so bad as everyone does it together.

BritGirl
Alexandria, Egypt

Definitely a stepping stone to adventure

I came to Alexandria to take this course with TEFL international in September 2011, the course is very intensive and requires a lot of commitment and hard work, but it is definitely worthwhile.

From day one the staff made me feel welcome, and have since become very good friends. The students who come for the teaching practice classes are dedicated and committed young men and women who enjoy learning English, make you feel welcome, helping you to abandon any nerves you might have as a new teacher standing in front of a class of adults and make the whole experience a lot of fun.

The accommodation centre for the teachers is west of Alexandria, just a few hundred metres from the beach, and offers secure and comfortable accommodation, close to great restaurants and local shops, it's not the ritz, but it is a great place to live and transportation is provided to the school daily.

After completing the TEFL certificate I stayed to undertake the Arabic immersion programme, experiencing a range of activities from cookery lessons to a trip to the theatre, we had already been on a visit to Cairo and the world famous pyramids, this all added to the wonderful experience. I also got to teach a class for 4 weeks under the supervision of a great mentor, providing me with valuable experience to take with me into my TESOL career. Following this, I was also afforded the opportunity to then stay another month and teach a further class, adding to that teaching experience.

Now, less than one year later, I am back in Egypt permanently, and will be commencing my new job in December, teaching English as a career. It truly is the stuff dreams are made of.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this TEFL course, whether you wish to remain in Egypt or explore the rest of the world, either way, this is a great starting point!

Having the accommodation closer to the school, as commuting in Alex traffic is like commuting in London!!

K.Gilmartin
Alexandria, Egypt
University of Ulster- Belfast

Five star review

I am an Irish girl who completed the TESOL certificate last February here in Alexandria. It was the best thing I have ever done because you get very valuable teaching experience and you get to meet lots of friendly people. The accommodation is excellent and all the staff that work here take really good care of all the students and are very professional. I travelled here alone to do my certificate but I felt at home here straight away. I returned to Alexandria in August to complete the Arabic immersion course which was also an excellent experience. To conclude, If you want to make lifelong friends and become a teacher, come to Alexandria.

Since 1993, ITTT has provided industry-leading TEFL Teacher Training to over 150,000 trainees who are now working in over 40 countries around the world. With a large array of TEFL course options, including online, in-class and combined, ITTT TEFL aims to support and educate future