120-Hour TEFL Certification in Paris, France

Discover Paris, the most visited city in the world, during our four-week, on-site TEFL certification for an unforgettable experience. From the sprawling tree-lined boulevards to the twisted cobble-stoned alleys and famous stairways of Montmartre, Paris yields adventure around every corner.

Our TEFL program takes place in a beautifully maintained historical building in the heart of Paris. The course is intensive, featuring three weeks of teaching practice with actual EFL students. Feedback sessions help you progress quickly to higher levels of performance. Daily instructions not only teach you methodology and classroom management but also help you understand that grammar and phonology classes don't have to be boring.

Our program is complete with state-of-the-art career support. We pride ourselves to be experts in teaching English in France but are just as knowledgeable about other countries. Whatever your destination, we are here to make your dream come true.

Hi, thanks for reaching out! We recommend contacting the program provider directly to learn more about cost details. This link will take you right to the provider's contact info: https://www.becomeenglishteachersparis.com/contact-us .
Yes, there is. Our program in Paris, as all of our programs, comes with an excellent career support . Not only do we help students to prepare a CV/resume and cover letter, we provide them with school addresses in Paris or all around France. We also supply our graduates with actual job leads which we receive from schools in Paris or in other parts of France on an almost daily basis. We even provide...

• Benefits 9.3
  • Facilities 8.1
  • Instruction 8.3
  • Difficulty 5.3
  • Job Assistance 5.3
Alexandra

120h TEFL course at iTTi Paris

I have enjoyed the iTTi course in August 2018. The trainees had a lot of practice as we taught every day. We had the occasion to work with different students and develop strong teaching relationships with them. The course focuses on teaching practice, and there is very little theory on the program. What I enjoyed most was the excellent atmosphere among the group of trainees. The school provides little career support and the program is not as intensive as advertised.

I would overall recommend taking the course if you're considering settling in Paris.

Include more career support
Jacob

Best TEFL Program

Before deciding to enroll ITTI's Paris program, I scoured the internet for weeks diligently investigating the TEFL programs available. After countless hours in front of the computer, I decided to go with ITTI, and I couldn't be happier I did.

Firstly, ITTI's instructors are top self, they truly care about their student and want them to succeed. The classes are small enough that you are able to get the critical one-on-one time needed while becoming a TEFL teacher. Also, you would not believe the support that you get from this program and the people involved with it. At all times of the day (as well as late at night), they were available and would bend over backward to help you in any way they could. When I made the short-sighted mistake of not having a permanent residence to stay at while in Paris, ITTI was there to help! They even called in a several favors with local universities to try to find a dorm for me!

Since this course, I've been sought after by dozens of TEFL organizations looking for teachers. Within a month of receiving my certification, I had received calls from schools in China, Japan, Colombia, and more! I'm currently working with American English Online, setting my own schedule and teaching students in Sozhou, China. What really stands out with this program is the in-class teaching experience it gives you. Not going to lie, it feels really good to write "English teach in Paris, France" on your resume!

And finally, the course is in Paris! Constantly you're surrounded by historic architecture, delicious food and, some of the most fun-loving people you'd ever meet. Also, Paris is just a train ride away from London, Brussels, Barcelona, and dozens of other unique and magnificent cities. I implore you, consider this course, I wouldn't trade my experience with it for the world.

I wouldn't change much of anything with this course. By far, it exceeded expectations.
Abhilasha Singh

No job Assistance

Hello there,
I am writing this review to address an issue here with the course.
Before enrolling for the course I asked multiple times through different E-mails to the course administrator Julie Clement and Andrew if there is job assistance for non-native speakers and if they would help with securing a job after the completion of the course and what are the possibilities of this course for non-native speakers.
They seemed very positive then and said they will be helpful and even their website said "life long job assistance".
I am afraid that I did not get any assistance other than a list of schools in Paris where I need to figure out on my own to get a job.

Please get in touch with students after the completion of the course if they need help in finding a job.
No, I don't recommend this program
Rachel

Winter in Paris

The TEFL certificate is very valuable to have in all countries if you wish to teach English. I am glad that I have the certification but I feel as though I was severely overcharged for a 4 week course that I think could have been 2 weeks. I expected to learn a lot but the teaching seemed scattered and we learned very important information at the end of the course. Although I have loved living in Paris this month, I would have saved SO much more money to have taken the certification online. I feel as though I have been very ripped off. I recommend the online course if you are interested in teaching.

Response from International TEFL Training Institute

Dear Rachel:
Thank you for leaving a review about the program in Paris. Let me address the issues you brought up. First, I cannot see an overcharging with 950 Euro (the amount you paid to our school) for your four-week, on-site program. You spent time in a beautiful school, with a teacher in the classroom and free French classes by a private teacher on top of it. There is a cost for all of that.

We are currently investigating the quality issue you brought up with the course not being sufficiently structured. There is a course preparation outline all our trainers have to follow, no matter where they teach the course. We use the same textbooks that are in use at well-known teacher training colleges worldwide.

To suggest to everyone to take an on-line course is doing a disservice to them. You may or may not know that the highest paying schools in the world require certification that the student did a certain amount of teaching practice hours in class. Without this certification, certain schools will not accept them. We are talking about schools in South Korea or in Middle Eastern countries with phenomenal salaries. You, as a graduate from the on-site course can easily get such a job; the people you advise to take an on-line course will not become eligible for employment in these institutions. They have to go and bring proof of the teaching practicum.

Once again, thank you for leaving your review. We will take your words to heart and review our program for improvement wherever there is a possibility. We can, however, not change the tuition that is charged. It is already in a low range compared to other similar programs. Adriana Blumberg, Program Consultant

No, I don't recommend this program
Kedia

It was fun!

The course was very fun, it was a great experience especially since the school is so well located. My only criticism is that the course is much less intensive than it is advertised to be. This could be a good thing, but personally I was expecting something much more demanding. Also, while the teaching practice was great, I personally want to teach children in the future. Knowing how to teach adults is important but we should have been given the opportunity to learn how to teach children or teenagers, for instance. That could have made the course more demanding, which I think would be good!

Maybe that's asking for too much, but trainees should practice teaching people of various ages, and not just adults.
Yevgeniya

Jane's review

The Tefl course was great. Yana was a wonderful instructor. She was firm but warm and i really appreciated all of her different insights into teaching English as a foreign language. I also value how the course throws you right into teaching so that students are able to get first hand experience right away. The methodology and grammar instruction was also valuable. As I am speech language pathologist, I also found it useful to compare and contrast the way I teach speech and language to my clients and students vs that to adults and also from a teacher of a foreign language perspective.

I think more career support would be helpful.
Jennifer

Definitely worth it!

I would fully recommend this course for anyone interested in learning English as a Second Language.

The instruction was sound, diverse and engaging. The majority of the tuition time was taken up by direct teaching practice, from beginners to advanced students, followed by lessons on methodology, grammar and phonology.

The course is intensive and requires a significant amount of coursework, but does allow for time exploring Paris for those who want to check out the city.

Absolutely worth your time!

Samy

great course

interesting class and the teacher was very helpful in all aspects. i enjoyed this class and would recommend it to anyone who asks. the grammar part was a little difficult but i really enjoyed the conversational aspects of teaching a language. also , i learned a little russian which was fun. paris is a grat city and teaching english to french people was interesting. i got to meet interesting people who were facsinated with american culture.

Kristin

What an amazing experience!

I just returned from taking the TEFL training course in Paris and cannot say enough good things about this course. Anton Bonnici, our teacher, was exemplary. Anton is one of the most brilliant individuals I have ever met with as vast a knowledge of language and linguistics. I was so impressed with his teaching style and his ability to keep us all on our toes while learning such challenging material. The course itself, was fantastic. I learned so much in one month. I would recommend this course to anyone. It is a fantastic place to start in terms of a career in teaching English abroad. Having the course in Paris was magical. When I wasn't in class, I was walking around Paris mesmerized by the sights and sounds of this fascinating city. In addition, I made many new friends and have already connected with them following the course. Thank you, Anton, for such a phenomenal experience. Kristin Olmstead

My two complaints:

The internet was spotty at times and this was frustrating when we needed to get online.

The location of the course is right next to several major hospitals and there was a great deal of noise (sirens) due to this.

Other than these two minor complaints, all was fantastic!
Deborah

A wonderful and enriching experience.

From the first day of our class, I knew I was going to be fascinated, challenged, and have fun for the upcoming four weeks. Anton proved to be one of the best teachers I've ever had (saying a lot, as I've worked towards a Master's degree) and remained accessible and supportive throughout the course. Most importantly: I learned far more than I thought I would, and, at the conclusion of the month, realize that I now have teaching tools that I didn't have before, and a new confidence in my abilities. Thank you, TEFL!

There were many days when we were in a room that was subject to much street noise. Being located near a hospital meant frequent emergency sirens, and this was distracting, often necessitating a suspension of lecture and discussion. But there was another, lovely room where we spent several of our last days, and having this room for our exams was especially appreciated.
Julii

Loved it

Anton was a great teacher. We had every opportunity to gain the experience necessary to feel confident and ready to teach by the end of the course. Anton was very helpful and went above and beyond to help us as individuals and as a class. He was a constant excellent example of what it is to be a great teacher. I took a lot away from this course and I am now very excited to begin teaching, whereas before this class I was intimidated and hesitant about going up in front of a group and leading. Lesson planning was a major focus of this class and because of this I am now prepared and confident that I have the skills required to teach in many capacities.

Judith

A great course

It was a wonderful course! I wouldn't change a thing about the course! The teacher was amazing! I learned a ton about teaching methodology, grammar and phonetics! It was challenging but doable! I loved every minute of it!

I have no suggestions because it was awesome! I wouldn't change a thing!
Flore

Highly recommended

I highly recommend the TEFL course in Paris. Our teach Anton, was very helpful and made the class dynamic. We were a small class so it was very personalized. We got to do lot's of hours of teaching practices and Anton helped us prepare each lesson.

zakia

Breefly speaking, it was an awsome experience with the support of a kind and understanding trainer to whom i feel grateful

actually, i managed to overcome my stage fright in front of the audience/students which is a big achievement for me. i really challenged myself to solve this irritating problem and i made it! i encountered slight difficulties in explaining some Grammar lessons however, i found a big support frm my teacher who encouraged and helped me to teach them properly.

i would change nothing since this program is excellent in my opinion.
James

A formidable experience

Hello, I have just finished the one month Tefl course in Paris and I would like to tell you that it was a fantastic experience. I felt it was quite intensive as I had no previous background experience in the teaching world, nonetheless, it was extremely interesting. The course was given by a teacher who was very professional and experienced and who devoted a lot of time to the individual needs of the students.This was great for me because I feel that I have really progressed in my understanding of English. One major strength of the course was the teaching practice, it was really a great opportunity to put into practice what we learned. Now that the corse is finished, all I can say is " fantastic, brilliant", I enjoyed every minute of it, even though I missed out on a lot of sleep. I would strongly recommend the Tefl centre in Paris to anyone who is considering a career teaching.

It would be interesting if a program was put in place for those who come to learn English. It would be of immense help to the participants of the course.

About International TEFL Training Institute

Our organization is a state-of-the-art TEFL/TESL/TESOL training provider with a proven track record of graduating excellent teachers who landed teaching assignments in the most prestigious schools worldwide. If, besides traveling, seeing the world...