ITTT TEFL Course in Rome

ITTT TEFL Course in Rome

ITTT’s training center in Rome provides excellent training in a fascinating and beautiful city. The center is centrally located and all the major attractions the city has to offer are within easy reach of the TEFL school. The Colosseum, St. Peter's Square, the Piazza Navona and Sant'Angelo Castle can be easily explored in your free time.

Rome is home to a large number of English language schools and is a great place to start your teaching career in Italy. In addition, our good reputation in the city and wider Italian EFL market means we are regularly contacted by employers looking for quality English teachers. The course will give you the skills and confidence needed to prepare you for your first teaching job whether you decide to stay in Rome or move on to other destinations around the world. Graduates of ITTT’s TEFL courses receive an internationally recognized teaching certificate and lifetime job guidance to help you throughout your career.

Prefer an online TEFL option? Enroll in ITTT's online course today!

Europe » Italy » Rome
Europe » Italy
Salary / Benefits
Salaries vary per country/location.

• Benefits
  • Facilities

Anat
Cupertino, California
University of California- Berkeley

WARNING - Totally MISLEADING

This school promises that after you get certification, you can work in Italy if you 'bring the right documentation'.

This is a lie. You cannot work legally in Italy without a work visa or European citizenship. Language schools WILL NOT help you get a working visa as the beaurocracy is too complex and they already have European/British teachers.

I learned the hard way. I paid a lot of money to complete the iTTT program in Rome, I moved to Milano , and many schools want to hire me. However, they either needed a work visa/ or wanted to hire me illegally. I obviously don't have a work visa and I am not willing to take the risk of working illegally. Therefore I'm paying a lot MORE MONEY to go back to the USA and apply for a a student visa and pay and Italian language school thosuands of dollars to justify my student visa. If you don't speak Italian, you literally can do nothing in Italy and noone will help you (at the banks, post office, immigration office, italian embassy , etc).

Don't waste your money on this program unless you can obtain a visa before attending,

In addition - other misleading items: this program offers no work assistance besides giving you some websites to look at after completion of course.

Response from ITTT TEFL

Hello Anat, we are sorry but we feel that your post is more than a little unfair.

You booked a course with us and we provided you with that course. As a result of the training that you did with us, you have received numerous job offers as you yourself admit. Obviously, as a training company, we have no control over Italy’s visa regulations and as such we never promise that you will receive a work visa. We are not able to obtain a work visa for you, only your future employer can do that.

You should have received your certificate by now though and I will certainly look into that for you.

Melissa
Bridgewater, NJ
Kean University

Thoughts

This course was truly an unforgettable experience. Be prepared to work, but most importantly to learn and recieve sufficient training to teach English as a foreign language from an experienced group of professionals who will take you through the program step by step. Angela, Franco, Grace, Claire, and Helen were a fantastic team! I would recommend this course to anyone who is looking to receive proper training.

Extension of time period

Richard
United Kingdom
University of Exeter

Incredibly satisfied customer

I must admit that I entered this course with little knowledge of what to expect. I had seen previous good reviews and I wanted to come out of the course with a job in Rome. I am now writing this as someone who is preparing to travel to Rome with a job as a teacher and feeling only slightly nervous about the challenge ahead. The course itself was well taught and good value for money. In my opinion the course excelled in a few ways. Firstly, the course content involved many hours of grammar, which not all course demand. However, I can't imagine how any teacher could be comfortable going into a classroom without the knowledge which this course teaches you, and it not only teaches you the grammar points but also how to teach them. Secondly, this course provided teaching experience, which is probably why I am only slightly nervous to being my new job. The teaching experience itself was varied and the feedback was well thought out and helped me to improve on my weaknesses as a teacher. Finally, the course provides help finding work, and I can truly say that without this course I would not be in the position I am now.

I don't really know how the course could be improved, as the course tends to fill up the whole day. If I had to suggest anything it would be more teaching experience, but only because it was the section I most enjoyed.

Tamila
Florida State University

Great Program!!!

I am brazilian, lived in United States for 15 years, came to Rome to get a TELF certification. It was a challenging 4 weeks, but so worth it in the end. I highly recommend this program to anyone who wishes to teach English. The staff and senior teachers from this institution took me from not knowing anything about English grammar to knowing everything! I feel so confident as a teacher now, due to this program. I highly recommend, and couldn't be happier to have earned my certification from this institution.

It is quite challenging, you must dedicate yourself and your time to the course. Long days, consists of grammar classes in the morning, methodology and phonology in the afternoons, and teaching practices with real students at night.

Vito
Rome

A GOOD START

My life has truly changed after the TEFL Course in Rome. I took the course in July 2013, after my graduation in Languages. In September I found a job involving teaching in an international school and my carrier as a teacher has officially started.
The course formula is really efficient: it covers all the aspects of teaching, expecially methodology and the relationship with the students, and includes an intense training part, which permits you to learn by actually teaching real lessons (from 45 to 90 minutes long). Grammar and phonology are good covered too.

Some lessons were too late in the afternoon (18:30), which makes them harder for a trainee to bear after his/her morning lessons.

Kay

Mature learner

The course was extremely intense as promised so if once that is taken into account it runs as expected. Because everyone is working at the same pace your classmates are supportive and sympathetic to prioritising turn-taking for use of equipment or feedback etc.
There is a lot to take in and the exams are strict but every bit of information and schooling is relevant.
The teaching practices are very good experiences to get a broad spectrum of students and levels and the feedback from these sessions is invaluable.
I found the work room downstairs rather uncomfortable. It is also quite small and we were a group of only 7.
The college is situated in a great part of Rome, however, with easy reach to major sights and Metro. Not that there's a lot of free time for that but weekends are normally free.

The work room.

Maria
University of Toronto

TEFL Course Rome

I was extremely satisfied with all the aspects of the onsight course. The teachers were excellent, always available and extremely well prepared. This course was more than what I expected!!! A must take!!

I appreciated the program as it is. I would not change anything, I would merely give more of myself! Becuase the school offers so much, I as a student could have been a better absorber of knowledge!!

Manuela

Great Experience with TEFL International Rome

The TEFL course has been one of the best educational programmes I ever attended. Although I have an advanced level degree in Foreign Languages, I can definetely say that the course filled a gap left in my education. Grammar and methodology lessons were excellent. Each module and assignment was well –organized and prepared . The course was very informative, everything was explained in detail and a lot of emphasis was given to things that proved to be useful and very important. I learnt new methods and techniques in teaching and I learnt a lot about teaching English and about myself. The course was very interesting, challenging. I can now appreciate more the role of being a teacher. The teacher’s comments were very helpful, constructive and encouraged me to improve my teaching skills.

I would change the duration of the course. I think it would be better to divide it into two months.

Silvia
Harvard University

TEFL International Rome

I have 25 years' experience as a business person and have been a professor of business administration at an American university for the past 10 years. I did the TEFL out of personal interest and with the specific objective of teaching English to children. With the responsibilities of a full-time job, a family and a couple of big projects under way, fitting the TEFL course with my every day life was no easy task, and I would probably have abandoned it had it not been for the staff at Interlingue (the Rome TEFL centre).

Their support was two-fold: on the one hand, they went to great lengths to accommodate my schedules so that I could complete all the course work and do all the observations and teaching practices; on the other, the teaching staff was extremely professional and the hours spent in the class-room were something I greatly looked forward to.

In any business, impeccable execution is the road to excellence. Angela Giordano and her staff are professional to the bone, and I am glad to have this opportunity to say so officially. Not only have I already recommended them to several people interested in the TEFL, I am already planning to send them my 7-year-old and some of his friends for instruction!

I really have no comments to make in this section.

Fran
Daegu, South Korea
University of Delaware

TEFL International Rome

I had a wonderful experience at the school. The teachers were knowledgeable, the program was intense, but not too intense, and the practicality of the material was awesome. Plus, being able to study in Rome was an opportunity that I had been seeking for a long time. The accommodations were modest but affordable. I had to take off a month of work, so affordable was important. I was particularly impressed with how quickly I was engaged in teaching. It was a bit overwhelming at first but with the administration support and encouragement I found myself becoming more and more comfortable.

I am sorry but honestly my experience so exceeded my expectations that I wouldn't change anything. I was very happy with the experience.

Since 1993, ITTT has provided industry-leading TEFL Teacher Training to over 150,000 trainees who are now working in over 40 countries around the world. With a large array of TEFL course options, including online, in-class and combined, ITTT TEFL aims to support and educate future