Teach English in Italy with LanguageCorps

Teach English in Italy with LanguageCorps

LanguageCorps gives its participants the opportunity to teach English abroad either in Florence or Sardinia. Your TESOL certification program will last for four weeks, and includes academic input sessions, 12 hours of observed teaching and 10 hours of observed teaching practice with local EFL students. Your overall cost of the program will cover the course, job placement assistance, and course materials, photocopies and printing.

Participants have had great success finding teaching jobs in Italy. Jobs can be all around Italy, including Rome, Milan, Florence, Torino, Bologna, Palermo, Siracusa, Napoli, Foggia, Genova, Padova, Modena, and many more. In order to help you land a job, you will be given a list of schools and connections around Italy, and one-on-one resume and interview preparation.

Europe » Italy » Milan

• Facilities

Sally
New York

Florence Review

This program is actually run through Via Lingua TEFL, not Language Corps directly. The course itself is ok, very time consuming and it doesn't leave you a lot of free time to explore the city. The troubling aspect is the job support program which is nearly non-exsistant. Many people from my program struggled in finding employment after the course-- and this is after repeated assurances on their website about the job market being good and almost 90% of their graduates being employed shortly after graduating the course.

Response from LanguageCorps

I'm sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience in Florence. The vast majority of our participants in Florence have been extremely satisfied with the program and support, but we are always looking to improve and I would invite you to email us at [email protected] with any of your thoughts.

We always try to be up front with participants about the nature of job markets in Western Europe. It's a competitive region, but those that are enthusiastic, persistent and flexible are typically able to find positions. Again, I would invite you to email us with any thoughts or comments about the job search process in Italy.

Best Regards,
The LanguageCorps US Team

Ashley
Florence, Italy
Baylor University

Life-changing experience

After seeing the care and attention of the instructors toward their students, I was convinced this was one of the best decisions I ever made. The course was very intensive and full of hard, challenging work. But the practical experience and job guidance we received on a daily basis was worth every penny! I started teaching real students almost immediately and gained some very valuable connects at every turn.

The course is very fast-paced, which is understandable seeing as it is only four weeks long. But it does mean that the students have a heavy work load (hours of lesson preparation, grammar quizzes, independent projects and essays, etc...) All of the projects are piled on at the same time on top of lesson planning and the job search. So, if I have one criticism, it would be to make the course just one or two weeks longer to allow the projects to be spaced out more.

scullyl
Florence, Italy
Simmons College

I had an incredible experience with Language Corps and Via Lingua Florence! The staff was SO accommodating and helpful in the transition of moving to a foreign country, and with school work during the course. The course was very difficult, but manageable for one month. I learned a lot about my own language, the Italian language and culture, etc. I got a job from a recommendation of a staff member. I work with children at a private English studio, and LOVE it!! I work about 15-20 hours a week, and make more than enough to pay rent and buy food every month. I was very happy with my experience with Via Lingua, and I would highly recommend the program.

If I had to change one thing, it would be the pre-departure communication/ information. I felt as though I was somewhat in the dark about where to go, when the program started, etc. I was easily able to email the Via Lingua staff and ask these questions, but I wish that there was more communication before/ upon arrival in Florence.

Tina
Erie, Pa
Colorado State University

No Regrets

My experience with LanguageCorps was one that I will always look back on with fondness. In 2009 I chose LanguageCorp to enroll in an TEFL certification course in Florence, Italy. LanguageCorp took care of everything that I needed, from setting up my housing in Florence, helping me figure out transportation to and from the school, to helping me develop a great CV.
I had an amazing time meeting and spending time with my classmates from all over the world! We not only emerged ourselves in Italian culture, be we were able to learn from each other as well. We had a great time in and out of class.
During my training, my instructors were easily accessible outside of class for extra help and were patient with me as I learned all of the grammatical ins and outs of the English language that we native speakers sometimes take for granted. Earning my TEFL certification was not difficult, but it was challenging at times, which helped me to stretch and grow as a person. Having my TEFL certification is a great asset to have and opens up opportunities for continued travel and additional income. I couldn't be happier that I chose to follow my heart and go places I had always wanted to go!

LanguageCorps is a premier provider of TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) certification programs. Our programs around the world empower our Teachers to thrive as professionals abroad, living in fascinating locations while gaining valuable experience teaching English.

Programs are available in 22 locations