Every year GPI US sends over 100 participants to various locations throughout Japan. While in Japan our participants serve as group leaders at various high schools and educational institutions to help Japanese students better understand self-empowerment, critical thinking, and English communication.
Each week is spent in a different location and sometimes prefecture. In each location, the group leaders stay with a Japanese host family or in a hotel and spend the week (Monday to Friday) at the participating school. The program is directed by facilitators who work in conjunction with the group leaders to create a positive environment for Japanese students to engage with the various empowerment themes and lessons included in the curriculum.
Our group leaders come away from the program having connected with their peers on the other side of the globe and making a huge impact not only on the students' lives but also their own.
- See Japan while giving back to the communities you visit through volunteering
- Empower Japanese high school students and be empowered yourself
- Experience a Host Family half way across the world and make new bonds
- Discover Japan through the perspective of not just a tourist but also the friends you make along the way and the families who take care of you
- Gain valuable experience in cross-cultural communication and strengthen your foundation as you prepare to enter to look for your next endeavor