Interac teachers enrich the lives of hundreds of thousands of school children every year by delivering interactive and exciting English lessons. Commonly known as ALTs, which stands for assistant language teacher, Interac’s teachers, working in the Japanese school system, enrich children’s lives by sharing their knowledge of English and communication skills and giving insights into other cultures.
As an ALT at Interac, you will work in elementary, junior high, and high schools throughout Japan. These are our clients. Your job is two-fold: language instructor and cultural ambassador. These two aspects are inseparable, and you, as a successful Interac ALT, will become an expert in both.
You can expect to teach classes on your own, with a Japanese teacher present to help manage the classroom. Although there are three types of Japanese schools, you can reasonably expect to teach in at least two.
- Start things off right with an intensive (paid!) initial training and orientation session.
- Work Mondays to Fridays with scheduled teaching hours between 8 am and 5 pm.
- Attend on-going skills development and training programs.
- Become an important part of your school and local community.
- Take advantage of Interac’s Career Navigation Program (CNP) and build portable skills you can leverage in the classroom or take with you into a potential staff position like recruiter, head teacher, trainer, or even office staff.