TEFLOne: Excellent Teaching Positions In Japan

TEFLOne: Excellent Teaching Positions In Japan

TEFLOne is currently recruiting TEFL qualified teachers for young learners and adult teaching positions at reputable schools in and around Tokyo, Japan.

If you are a native English Speaker with a full university degree, a CELTA/Trinity Cert TESOL or equivalent qualification TEFL qualification and interested in working abroad either now or in the future, please email your CV to David Coles at [email protected] for more information.

Positions are available monthly and a typical contract is 12 months long.

We have positions in other Asian countries available too. See www.teflone.com for details.

Asia » Japan » Tokyo
- 6 weeks paid holiday
- 1 week Young Learner teacher training
- Maximum class size of 6 students
- Western management
- Full academic and welfare support.

• Benefits
  • Facilities

Allan
Chiba, Japan
University of Central Lancashire

A great opportunity

When my previous language school went bankrupt in March, I was in panic mode. Luckily I came across TEFL one. Application was very straightforward, and within a week I had been in contact with them discussing the job, as well as having a formal Skype interview. After being successful in the interview, the following weeks were dedicated to visa procedures, which TEFL one provided excellent support for throughout. I can't praise them enough for this.
With regards to the job itself, everything has been great so far. Through TEFL one I was provided with all necessary information about the job and life in Japan before travelling, so I was fully prepared to begin living in Japan. I was met at the airport by school staff and taken to my apartment. Everything about the apartment and daily life in general was explained thoroughly and I was ready to start work.
After an interesting one week training program, you will be told your district and schools, as well as receiving very helpful maps and notes from previous teachers. The classes are likely to be a 50/50 split of adults and children, and it's likely you will be at a different school each day so be prepared to do quite a bit of commuting each day (most schools are within 30 minutes of your home train station, but some can be as far as 1 hour). Working hours are quite unsociable, with most starting times being at around 1pm and finishing as late as 10pm. This does give you the morning to go and explore, or just have a nice lie-in!
If you are happy with these hours, you'll find the students and staff to be some of the nicest people you'll meet. Plus the amount of holiday time offered is a very nice incentive!
I've rambled long enough, so I'll finish by highly recommending TEFL one and hoping you give them a go, I'm sure you won't regret it!

Andy
Saitama, Japan
Trinity College- Dublin

TEFL One made it all easy

I was offered a job with a big school that then went sour, TEFL One had me in a skype interview within days of applying and sending visa applications within weeks. Couldn't have been better.

As for Shane, I was met at the airport and everything from that point was made really simple. Handed a phone on arrival, handed detailed maps to my apartment, put on the train by Shane staff, everything was easy. Training was fun and the Shane staff are all friendly and helpful.

The work is good too, it's difficult to say as it will vary slightly from school to school (and you'll be in a different school almost every day) but generally the students are great, the counsellors are helpful and the schools are easy to find from the train stations.

The hours are slightly unsociable, most nights you won't finish until maybe 8 or 9 but the holidays (considerably more generous than just about every other language school here) more than make up for that. 3 weeks at Christmas? As a former Irish catholic with a penchant for Christmas, that was a game changer.

Overall I'd recommend Shane and would DEFINITELY recommend Tefl One. I've had a great experience thus far.

The Shane curriculum is a little different to most standardized Celta textbooks, it's not necessarily difficult, but it's also not necessarily what you'll have been taught so expect to do some adapting.

TEFLOne is a teacher recruitment agency working with some of the best schools throughout Asia.

We help motivated, qualified teachers find teaching jobs in Taiwan, Japan, China, Indonesia, Vietnam, and more locations.

This is a free service, as schools pay us for our services.

Get