TEFL Heaven Puerto Vallarta & Paid Job in Mexico!

TEFL Heaven Puerto Vallarta & Paid Job in Mexico!

Earn a TEFL certificate and get a guaranteed job in Mexico, sounds like TEFL Heaven!

We offer a 4 week, hands on TEFL program in the stunning city of Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. On completion of your training you are guaranteed a job so you won't have that worry of 'will I find work'. The TEFL programs is run by our experienced team and will give you the confidence and knowledge to be able to teach on your own after only 4 weeks.

For more information or to apply simply visit our website of get in touch!

North America » Mexico » Puerto Vallarta

Elisa
Merida, Mexico
University of Lincoln

TEFL Puerto Vallarta

I learned a lot of new things about English language as a teacher student. I liked the fact that you did not need to be a native speaker of the language in order to to become a teacher of the language. Meeting the former teacher students from previous courses helped a lot during that one month, support from them and their friendship during the month was very valuable. Even though the course was really demanding from my point of view I would totally recommend it to everyone. With this kind of job you are able to travel and see new places and have an awesome job which will bring you joy and that excitement when you realize that your students are learning new things.

Better advertisement for people from Europe. Quick responses to email requieres.

Kenzi
Denver, Colorado
Ohio University

Wonderful Experience

For several years I considered earning my TEFL certificate. Every few months, I found myself looking for programs and reading reviews. After researching, I found this program and I'm glad I did. I found this program to be a truly enjoyable experience. The school is located right on the beach in beautiful Puerto Vallarta. The housing provided was incredibly convenient and safe. I lived with three other girls in a house right across the street from the school, a bank, shops, and restaurants.

Alan (the program director) was readily available and took care of everything we asked for from housing requests to information on the course, the city, and teaching prospects. Monday through Friday we met in the classroom under the instruction of Raul. Every day in the classroom was exciting and different. Each lesson was thoughtfully planned with information relevant to teaching. Raul has years of experience teaching abroad. He is an excellent source of information (and great stories) as he has taught in several different countries.
This course requires the completion of teaching hours. The opportunity to teach English in real situations with real students, who are eager to learn, is what sets this program above the rest. Teaching was by far my favorite part of this experience.

Job support and resume assistance is extremely helpful. Upon completion of the course you earn a certificate and a professional video resume. I used Alan and Raul as references for jobs and graduate school. I also made great friends that I still stay in touch with. I recommend this program for anyone considering teaching. The experience as a whole was inspiring and I left filled with motivation and gratitude.

Ben
United Kingdom
Durham University

TEFL Heaven Mexico

Fantastic course! Raul who delivers the course instruction has years and years of experience to draw upon for learning how to teach, he's taught in every form imaginable as well so is a fantastic source of advice for any doubts or worries you might have in terms of what type of teaching your going into. Alan is fantastic on the job placement side of things, really knows the market and the people to get you a good job that you want in a short space of time, he is genuinely fantastic at it and you are in great hands with the both of them. Puerto Vallarta is a beautiful city with a lot to love and overall the course is a great way to introduce yourself into the world of teaching as it provides you with so much insight into how the job is, which gives you a real confidence boost when you start teaching English out in the great unknown.

Honestly the best way to improve the program would be the addition of more air conditioning in the city of Puerto Vallarta, but then you cant really come to Mexico and complain about the heat.

Beth
United Kingdom
University of Leeds

Landed in heaven

I had never been to Mexico before, or even Latin America. Most of my travels have been in Asia and around Europe. When I landed into Puerto Vallarta and saw the blue sky and palm trees, I knew I had landed in heaven.

The apartment we stayed in was a short 10 min bus from the school and easily located when using public transport! I had a pool, that was very much needed after walking around in such humidity. My course fell in rainy season, so we got used to the 4pm rain shower (the most rain I have ever encountered).

The teacher, Raul, was very engaging and kept the classes unique and fun so that it didn't feel like we were studying in a mundane way. I wont lie, the course is intense and as much as you can still have a great time exploring the city and hanging out at the beach, you need to work hard. But, it really pays off.

I feel like I learnt a lot about myself during this course, while being able to have a mini holiday at the same time. Would highly recommend to anyone interested in trying out Teaching Abroad!

I think that the communication prior to the course beginning could have been clearer.
The accommodation prices were a bit over-priced.
That's all.

Allie

Viva Mexico and GO!

I am a recent college grad and was looking for something to do in my gap year before heading back to graduate school. I chose Mexico because I wanted to further advance my Spanish skills. I was happily surprised with Puerto Vallarta and the course. Puerto Vallarta is an amazing beach town with a rich history and authenticity, but also has a tourist economy. The TEFL course was great. The instructors are caring and help you with whatever it is you need. They have a great system for job placement and will put you where is best for you. I made some wonderful friends through the course, and am actually still living in PV working as a 1st and 2nd grade teacher. Come to Mexico, it will so be worth your while!!

Laura

A loco experience!

The month spent completing my TEFL course in Mexico will always be one of the most memorable experiences of my life. I met some incredible people who, in just a short time, became like a family to me. Puerto Vallarta was hot, humid, relaxed, sunny, incredibly beautiful and fun! The locals smiled at me in the street and i've never met such warm and welcoming people. Compared to the rest of Mexico (although don't be put off by this- it's fine if you're smart) Puerto Vallarta is incredible safe and therefore the perfect place to study. My course trainer Raul was utterly fantastic! That man was like a walking encyclopedia and spoke about teaching English with such passion and love it had me desperate to get into the class room. We were shown that English can and should be fun and I learnt to teach complicated grammar concepts through Role Play and games. My only criticism of the course is that they will only help you to find a job in Mexico so if you want to work elsewhere in the world you will be searching independently for this. Not necessarily a problem just something to be aware of. I'm thrilled that I completed my TEFL here and learnt an unbelievable amount in a short time.

I would have like my lessons to have been observed more with additional constructive feedback (we had this but more would have been nice). Also, there needed to be an awareness that you wouldn't be helped in finding a job elsewhere in the world- only Mexico.

Rachael

Paradise in Puerto Vallarta

The course itself is very well thought out and delivered excellently by Raul who has over 15 years’ experience teaching English. The course includes 5 hours of observing lessons run by qualified teachers and then ten hours of teaching practice for yourself. There is a lot of support from the other teachers when it comes to putting together your own lesson plans.
The student coordinator, Alan, arranged my first interview for my second week and by the day before the course ended I secured employment in Puerto Vallarta which is where I wanted to stay. Most of the people on my course had secured employment before the course ended. Though it did seem that there was more support for those who wanted to stay in Mexico with those that wanted to work in a different country not feeling as supported.
Puerto Vallarta itself is a stunning place and extremely friendly. I felt very concerned that my lack of Spanish would be an issue but as it is such a tourist spot there are many that speak at least some English. There is lots to do in the area, from the beaches to tequila tasting, boat trips, snorkelling etc. though the prices for these are geared towards tourists.
Living costs are cheap relative to living in the UK with taco stands offering tacos from 10 pesos upwards. However, if you are in the busy tourist spots you will find that prices can be much higher unsurprisingly.
I will admit that I was apprehensive about coming to Mexico as you hear that it is very unsafe but I’ve found Puerto Vallarta to be very friendly and as long as you are sensible then you should be fine. Just use your common sense and don’t leave yourself vulnerable.

More support for those looking to work outwith Mexico.

Rashea
Guadalajara

TEFL Heaven

I was very skeptic about moving to Mexico much less paying money to a school I wasn't even sure existed. I remember calling them constantly to ask random questions to calm my paranoia lol. When I got there I was very impressed with their school set up and student apartments. I truly enjoyed the course and learnt so much. Lesson planning, classroom activities, classroom management and even how to come out of my shell. God knows that was my hardest part. But with a little tough love I was able to and it has made me the amazing teacher I am today. Not only did we learn about teaching English, but throughout the course I was shown time and time again how important the role of a teacher is and it made me feel even more fulfilled knowing I'm changing lives. I also enjoyed the teaching practice we had which changed each week allowing us variety in age group and level. I was given 3 interview options in the last week of the course and I accepted the Guadalajara post. Now that I've completed my contract, I made contact again for a new job in a new city and low and behold a few weeks later I had an interview which led me to my second job placement through this amazing TEFL program. Thanks again for everything!

Scott
USA
Rockford College

A Fantastic Experience All Around

This program is an absolutely amazing experience! Puerto Vallarta (PV) is a beautiful city with a rich cultural heritage that the people take advantage of.
First, the down sides (depending on your point of view). In some ways PV is akin to visiting the United States or Great Britain. It can be a bit more expensive than most of the rest of Mexico (especially if you're limited to visiting stores where the associates only speak English). In some ways, parts of the city are comparable to Disney World (according to my room mate when I was on the program). Finding inexpensive non-Mexican food is not easy to do.
Then again, you're not going to Mexico to eat expensive French food - you're there to experience the culture, the food, the life. The people are incredibly friendly, especially if you even try to speak a little Spanish to them (a simple "hola" and "Buenos dias" go a long way). The local food is fantastic, and you can get the best tacos I've ever had for about 12 pesos apiece (~0.75 USD). And that brings to mind the issue of money: "expensive" is all relative, and even in PV "expensive" is nothing compared to the United States or Europe (that said, it's easy to forget how much money you're spending in pesos).
The course itself was fantastic. Raul, the Academic Director, has been teaching ESL for about a decade and a half, and he's got stories you wouldn't believe. He's a great teacher. They've recently changed the TEFL books to make them even better. The owner, Alan, is very helpful and was able to assist me in finding employment; he has contacts everywhere in Mexico, and many overseas.

The biggest concern I have wth the program in Puerto Vallarta is how stunningly successful it is. As a result of its success it seems like sometimes the staff has too many irons in the fire and things can slip through the cracks. Short-term concerns are absolutely no problem, but longer-term goals can be forgotten if you don't remind the staff now and again. Is this a major problem? No. But it is something to be aware of.

Kayla
Washington D.C.

I Loved It

I honestly enjoyed my month in Puerto Vallarta, I still sometimes cannot believe I left. Mexico is already a beautiful country with friendly people and great sites. The TEFL certification there was a lot of fun. We had real teaching experiences with different age groups that allowed how to gauge how we felt about potentially teaching each age group in the future. Then there is the instructor. Ours was very well rounded and has been doing this for a couple decades, so he really knows his stuff. Class was always very entertaining, and every class included some form of practical, hands-on type assignment/work. You really do learn a lot there.

Everything was so well done and professional, but of course even the best programs can use a liiiitttle something for improvement. So if I had to say something, I think it's that maybe the application process could be more advanced. The video application seemed a little plain. But either way, people get hired after the course, so it's not a big deal.

Tishona
Mexico

TEFL Puerto Vallarta!

This course was exactly what I was looking for. It was straightforward and very thorough with information on how to teach, how to plan lessons, and it also prepared me for many of the possible problems that may arise within the classroom. Not only would you be taking a course that could open many opportunities for you, but you would be doing so on the beach! In a absolutely beautiful city. I strongly recommend this course if you are thinking about teaching English abroad. I started off with no experience and decided to take this course during my gap year. I am now teaching in Guadalajara and I couldn't be happier. Excited to see where I will go next, the possibilities are endless! Very pleased with the support and organization of this program, thank you to TEFLHeaven!

Sheila

English teaching course Puerto Vallarta February 2017

I had originally had written good review of the course. Yes the course was good but the job placement was totally horrendous and appalling. I had requested before and during the course that I was looking for a coast location which I know can be hard but there were placements at the Via school and I had not been considered which I was very upset and insulted by. I had no other choice but t head to San Luis Potosi. I was sent to a city called San Luis Potosi were other previous students were sent and only lasted the maximum 3 months. I was given false information by my course coordinator for example I was told the beach was only 2 hours away when it was 7 & nature was close by when it was 4 ours away!! I found this awful. The city itself is a ghetto and nothing to do and I was working beside 2 strip clubs. I did not feel safe and was extremely lost and lonely. I was there along with 4 other girls and guess what we have all left!!! This place is not for single women and I do not have the trust or confidence to go back to my coordinator and ask for something else. God knows where I would be placed. This was hugely disappointing and I am in the process of following this up more further and getting some justice for the disappointment I endured. I have got something else off my own back in a beautiful location. Watch out for false information if you do this course and are applying for a job though them.

By having a coordinator who can give proper information on a placement where teacher are sent and I highly not just dump 5 girls up to a Ghetto of a city that is unsafe with nothing to do.

Daniela
San Francisco, CA
San Francisco State University

Great TEFL Course. Highly Recommended!

I have recently completed the 140 hours TEFL Course in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. This month long course opened my eyes to the methods of great teaching.
The course is intensive but the support I received made it manageable. The teachers and the staff were highly competent and supportive and the program was rigorously planned and structured. Their feedback helped me to improve my teaching to a great extent. We were a small group of 10 and all got along well and have been a great support to each other.
Puerto Vallarta is one of the best cities in Mexico and having the backdrop of a vibrant, energetic city with beaches on your doorstep while you study certainly means you always have something to look forward to after a hard day of teaching or working on a project or lesson plans.
The course was challenging but extremely rewarding. I would highly recommend this course to anyone!

Response from TEFL Heaven

Hi Daniela,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review the program in Mexico! We're so glad you had an amazing time!

Alexandre
Las Vegas
University of Nevada

A very comprehensive and practical program

This was a very comprehensive course. The teacher, Raúl, is an expert.

I'm glad I didn't take any other one.

I received a letter from them upon completion with an excellent mark.

They let us teach at their academy during the course.

I cannot say more than that this is worth every penny. I may go back with my girlfriend so that she can do it as well.

Alan the director is a wizard. He is always smiling and happy. He can get you a job in many places around the world. Great people.

No improvements needed

Response from TEFL Heaven

Hi Alex,

Thanks so much for leaving such a positive review :) We're so glad you had an amazing time! The team in PV would welcome you back, anytime!

Daniel
The United States
Ball State University

4 Weeks on the Beach

First of all, Puerto Vallarta is a BEAUTIFUL place worth visiting for any reason. It's the best, though, when you can visit such a place and get something tangibly beneficial out of the experience. VIA provided me with a very comfortable learning environment with down to Earth teachers and real life students to teach. All while living close to the beach and taking in the delicious food and culture of this coastal town.

The most promising part about VIA is that they are on the up and up. I got to work with Raul Gonzalez, who is an experienced, world-traveled teacher with an abundance of insight toward the career of teaching abroad. Raul is writing new textbooks for the entire program and has a vision to turn VIA into one of the best TEFL academies in the world.

I am still fresh out of the program and have not begun teaching abroad yet. Director Alan Davalos is well-connected to potential schools, particularly in Mexico, and found opportunities for my classmates before the course was even over. I, however, am interested in teaching further south in Colombia. Alan has assured me that he will work with me every step of the way to finding a good job and I am confident that we will.

The staff understands that the best way to improve as a teacher is to teach. They throw us right in to the deep end with students and let us swim. I think this is a valid technique but most of the time, there were no experienced teachers observing to provide feedback toward what we are doing wrong/right.

Rob
Miami/Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
University of Cincinnati

Valuable Skill and Experiences

My experience with Vallarta Academy was fantastic. Raul is an instructor with a great deal of experience, and he's eager to share it. He also is willing to answer any questions, including those about scenarios, countries, and what unexpected things that you can expect in this new experience.

One thing that was extremely important to me about doing this program was the ability to get in front of actual students for real experience. That was something that would not be available with domestic and online certification courses.

I would have liked to have seen more of a clear line between who would and would not make the cut. I think that changes could be implemented that would incentivize students to do their best and achieve greater.

Response from TEFL Heaven

Hi Rob,
Thanks for your lovely comments, we'll be sure to pass those on to Raul and the team in Mexico! We'll give that feedback to the trainers also, so thank you for the information re the course.

Jodie
London, UK

Phenomenal School! Thanks Team PV :-)

Studying in Puerto Vallarta was an outstanding experience. The TEFL team & teachers are amazing & helped with everything we needed, my class mates were brilliant and all in a beautiful location. The course itself taught me a lot (turns out I weren't as good as English grammar as I thought!) not only to teach English but how to deal with all kinds of situations, and I developed so many skills including public speaking.
I highly recommend this school, the teachers made it a special experience to teach the locals.
Plus there is amazing taco's next door ;-)
Thank you TEFL Heaven PV!

Response from TEFL Heaven

Hi Jodie,
Thanks for leaving such a lovely review! And who can resist a Taco :) We're really pleased you had a fantastic time.

Andrea
Guadalajara
Northwestern University

Great training

Yes, Puerto Vallarta is a beautiful place, but what's really special about the school is the instruction. I feel very fortunate to have had the training I did. It was full-steam-ahead from Day 1. I used to have trouble speaking in public, even in small groups. But our teacher required so much class participation and teaching practice -- the first week, we were already presenting to fellow students -- that I got over my fear in no time, and by the time I started teaching **for real** I felt completely comfortable in front of a class. Another thing I really appreciated were the personal accounts our teacher was able to share, having taught all over the world. He really helped me put things in perspective and realize what I did and didn't want to do (i.e., teach adults, not kids).
I highly recommend the training you'll get at TEFL Heaven.

Response from TEFL Heaven

Hi Andrea,
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review. Full immersion TEFL courses do get rid of any fear or stage fright right from the off! It's great to hear you settled in well and so soon.

Marcell
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

The best way to learn how to teach English

I strongly recommend taking this TEFL course. It taught me extremely well how to teach English and prepare for anything that may arise in the classroom. Everyone there is very helpful. Only two weeks into my course and I already had 2 choices where to work. Plus, getting to know people from different parts of the world in such a beautiful city is beyond amazing. The course also teaches you a great deal about yourself. 5 stars all the way!

Response from TEFL Heaven

Hi Marcell,
Thanks so much for reviewing the program in Puerto Vallarta. Being given job offers so quickly into the course reflects on what an amazing candidate you are! I'm really pleased you enjoyed your time with the team in Mexico.

Sara
Puerto Vallarta
Grand Valley State University

Outstanding Course!

I highly recommend the TEFL course in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. This 4-week course well prepared me on classroom management and lesson planning. The staff is incredibly welcoming and helpful. I completed the course in January and after completing my certification, they assisted in finding me a job. The curriculum is outstanding and Puerto Vallarta is a great place to live and work. I could not imagine a better course!

Response from TEFL Heaven

Hi Sara,
We cannot agree with you more! Puerto Vallarta really is a paradise to live and work in, and I'm so pleased to hear you enjoyed training with the team in Mexico.
Charlie

Since 2007 TEFL Heaven (formerly Experience Teaching Abroad) has assisted university graduates and non-graduates to secure quality teaching placements abroad. We pride ourselves on being a fun and personable company who like to actively engage with all who are seeking the opportunity to teach English