ConnecTEFL 120-hour Certificate TEFL Course with Practicum

ConnecTEFL 120-hour Certificate TEFL Course with Practicum

ConnecTEFL is a 120-hour TEFL certificate program that is internationally recognized and meets TESOL International Associations standards for short-term TEFL certification programs. The courses are from $800-$1000, the online options can be completed anywhere in the world with internet access, and all options are taught by university-level instructors. Additionally, ConnecTEFL staff work with you to find practicum options in your location so that you complete the program with experience and teaching feedback.

North America » United States of America

Ann
Fort Mill, SC
University of North Carolina- Chapel Hill

A fantastic learning opporunity

I recently finished the on-line Connectefl course and honestly can say that I miss the stimulating lessons/videos/observations. I taught high school and elementary school for years and when I moved, I wondered how I could find a new career or vibrant volunteer work combining my love of teaching and my enjoyment in meeting internationals. I've found it! This program was better developed and more substantial than others I investigated. I feel the cost is very reasonable for the quality of instruction, feedback, and availability for extra help. Designed around common "myths" about TEFL, every week's lessons showed me that I certainly did make some of the erroneous assumptions. However, the encouraging thing was that we had great examples and suggestions for applying better strategies. The only reason I did not rate the overall program a '10" is that I am a technological dinosaur and my only difficulties were with organizing and processing my assignments. Whenever I faced a roadblock, Richard Dalton patiently walked me through the process. Thus, an added benefit for me was that I am much more familiar and confident in computer usage. My only regret about the course is that I didn't start my observations earlier. They were informative and encouraging. and well---lots of fun. I visited ESL classes at the college level, elementary school ages, church sponsored international support groups and other community classes. I've been volunteering at a local ESL course and I am feel that I have improved in my teaching technique, use of time, and understanding of different cultures. I've already learned of a wonderful opportunity to teach English in Asia. Connectefl prepared me for it and now I'm eager to see if I can make it happen.

I couldn't have participated without the on-line course and the freedom in scheduling of when I studied and submitted my lessons, so I am very thankful for this long-distance learning. However, I think it would have been good to have 3 sessions when students and teachers communicated live. . . At first, we could have "met" the fellow students with whom we discussed concepts, later we could have enjoyed hearing about everyone's progress in the middle of the course, and then learned each other's plans when we said "goodbye!" at the wrap up. Another possible improvement would be to encourage students to start pursuing observation appointments early on. Initially, I thought I would go to Memphis (where I used to live) and observe where the on-campus Connectefl students went. Then, I realized it would be easier and more helpful to observe locally since that would introduce me to possible jobs. I waited until the suggested time and for a little while was worried that I wouldn't be able to meet the requirement because I got answering machines and no instructors. Once I made connections though, I had tremendous, generous help and advice.

Ali
University of Memphis

Loved ConnecTEFL's Program

I enrolled in ConnecTEFL's program to prepare me for a teaching program overseas after graduation, but it actually landed me a job here as a private English tutor in the mean time! The course itself was wonderful, and despite being fully enrolled in 18+ hours as a senior in college, I thoroughly enjoyed going to this class. In fact, it quickly became one of my favorites. The teachers were all super knowledgable and positive, making class fun, which was a great experience for those of us learning to become teachers. We were able to learn and ask questions then teach each other within the class before expanding out and volunteer-teaching to local refugee centers in the community. I highly recommend this course to anyone looking into a path involving ESL/EFL, whether it be here stateside or abroad!

Jim
Memphis, TN
Kansas State University

Excellent Program..... Worth considering (locally or on-line)

The ConnecTEFL course is a thoroughly well thought out course that is provided by professionals experienced in this field. While I did not have plans to utilize the course for employment/service opportunities overseas, the course has served me well locally as I have had the opportunity to utilize some learned skills in a local setting with the refugee community. The course covers a broad range of topics from the theories of language learning to the practical aspect of preparing lesson plans. With very manageable class sizes, the interactive nature of the teaching/learning is impressive as one learns not only from the "professionals" but also from the experience (or lack of experience) of each of the students. This interactive nature allows the class to bond and develop friendships which leads toward increased networking in the community. I would guess that those taking the course on-line, though they are not in a classroom setting, would also experience this interactive nature of learning.
Also, it is a great value for what one receives! I recommend ConnecTEFL!

Nothing comes to mind. The course will naturally improve over time as there are more sessions.

Michael
Millsaps College

Equipped me well for teaching overseas!

I took this course to prepare me to teach overseas, and after a year teaching abroad, I can say that it served me well! With an ideal classroom size (4:1 student/teacher ratio) for my course, there was ample opportunity for discussion and questions. Also, the teachers were well prepared and able to share from their own experiences in ESL/EFL classrooms worldwide. I would recommend this course for anyone seeking to teach overseas or volunteer locally! The directors are connected with other organizations throughout Memphis that offer English courses to immigrants and refugees, so it is not difficult to find opportunities to complete the practicum.

Braden

Great Program!

ConnecTEFL is a wonderful program. The investment was well worth it! The teachers were knowledgeable and experienced, the teaching was informative and beneficial, and the hands on practice outstanding. It was a great experience to be able to apply what we learned in class to the real world classroom teaching refugees from countries around the world. Not only that, our class grew close to each other. Every class meeting we had dinner with each other through people bringing home cooked meals. It was good fellowship and a lot of fun. Through this course I was able to create good relationships with my teachers, fellow learners, and refugees and obtained skills that will help me in my future TEFL engagements.

Are you someone who values cross-cultural relationships and understanding?
Are you looking for global adventure and discovery?
Do you want to welcome and empower immigrants at home?

ConnecTEFL is a 120-hour Teaching English as a Foreign Language certification program with online and in-class options and