Combined Level 5 TEFL Course in the United States of America and Canada

Teaching English
Teaching English
TEFL teaching
TEFL teaching

At the TEFL Academy we only offer one course because we want all our students to have the best access to global TEFL opportunities. Our course leads to a Level 5 TEFL Certificate (168 hours), regulated by Ofqual (UK) and the DEAC (US) so it’s certified by 2 government bodies!

Our course is built around understanding your potential employers. Within the industry some employers prefer “hands on” studying rather than purely online, and as a result our combined course provides 20 hours in the classroom with an additional 148 hours of online study. This course will give you additional confidence to handle face-to-face tuition, and allow you to have a competitive edge in the marketplace for jobs.

The 20-hour weekend classroom course is designed to breakdown the fundamentals of TEFL. Within those 20 hours you will have teaching opportunities and gain knowledge from other students in the classroom.

50% off starting Monday! Start the worlds most recognisable Level 5 TEFL certificate

Starting midnight on Sunday you can sign up for the worlds most recognisable Level 5 TEFL certificate at HALF PRICE! Give yourself the best chance to teach English abroad with the best TEFL on the market

• Instruction 9
  • Academic Rigor 8.3
  • Job Assistance 8
Shanna

TEFL Academy experience

I decided to enroll into the TEFL course as I am currently doing an English teaching internship in Japan. I already have experience teaching French in my home country. However, I used to struggle with lesson planning. I also used to feel like my lessons weren’t entertaining, interesting or challenging enough. The TEFL Academy offers units on teaching (productive and receptive) skills, lesson planning and English grammar (which was very helpful since English isn’t my first language!). The course made me more confident about my teaching style and gave me many useful tips. Wherever I decide to work in the future, either in Japan or in Canada, I know that this certificate will benefit me in both countries. I think working on this certificate definitely helped me becoming a better teacher of English, but also of French.

To any future travelers wanting to experience teaching abroad, I would suggest considering an English teaching job. Although English isn’t your first language, many language teaching job opportunities are available all around the world. Having the TEFL certification will definitely be an asset on your resume when job hunting overseas.
Rachel

TEFL Academy Experience

After living in Australia for a year doing a working holiday visa, I was back at home in Vancouver. It seemed like nothing had changed... I had gotten the travel bug really bad... so I started looking for ways to experience living abroad again. I discovered that many people teach English as a ticket to living somewhere new. Although my academic background is Biopsychology.. I thought it was time to try something new.
I was seeking an affordable way to achieve the TEFL certification on my own time, and The TEFL academy provided me with that, so it was perfect for my intentions.
The only thing that this program was lacking is recruitment help.. and I didn't find it very challenging.
Luckily, my friend from university was looking for a replacement in South Korea, so I was able to take over for her and start my adventure.

Take the leap, buy the plane ticket! You never know what a place is like until you experience it for yourself. Also, it's not about where you're going, it's about your mindset. You can meet the most amazing people in the most unexpected of places.
Korea has presented me with many challenges, but also provided me with many beautiful experiences and friendships.
10/10 would recommend living in another country if you're ready to grow as a person and grow your perspective of the world. Be open!
Hamed

Level 5 TEFL Course

To me this course was full of enjoyable and unforgettable lessons that improve my teaching experiences a lot. I really recommend this course to those who want to teach English for the first time. In my opinion, If you start powerfully, you will never defeat. The knowledge you gain from this course opens new doors of success to you. By taking this course successfully, you will have an opportunities to teach overseas as a volunteer, internship or for the jobs containing lots of facilities and opportunities to learn a new language as well as being culturally literate. In its assignments you need to do your best and show your creativity for designing activities to motivate learners and let them work harder than the past.
To sum up, TEFL course Level 5 taught me all the information I need to become a greater teacher.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
The most important moment for me was the time I felt tired and disappointed the help and support of tutors made me overcome my tiring time.
Anezi

The Best and Highly Rated TEFL Course at an Affordable Price

My Level 5 TEFL Course was in San Francisco and Online. The intrusctor was very knowledgeable during the class demo. The course was comprehensive with videos, images and text to enhance comprehension of the materials.
The Course covers everything you will need to succeed as a teacher, the price was very good and its globally reorganized as a British accredited TEFL Course. I got so many help from the TEFL Academy team throughout the course.
The assignments help to re-enforce the materials and enable me to check my understanding of each sessions. The format was perfect with 2 days hands-on classroom training, scenarios and demos as in a classroom settings.
The price was reasonable for such comprehensive Course when compare to so many over-priced courses out there.

The only area of improvement is the job search and job hunt support.
Carl

Peer Review

I really enjoyed taking this online TEFL course. The program was a great learning experience and the staff was very helpful. I learned a lot more about teaching taking this course than any classroom experience. There were also a 2 day in-person classroom training which the students were able to participate in. The live teachers were very nice and professional with plenty years of experience. My overall goal is to teach English in Southeast Asia for one year. At the same time, I also want to be able to travel many countries in Asia and learn a new language. Some of the countries I have found very interesting are Japan, South Korea, and Vietnam. I have already traveled to many countries in Asia and Europe while living here in the United States. I hope that becoming a TEFL teacher will help me travel to more different countries.

I would provide more links and choices for job opportunities
Drew

Great quality, great value

I currently teach Chinese kids online, and I wanted to get a TEFL certification to keep up with the new regulations. So not only did this course satisfy that, the cost and ease of the program was great. It only took me about 2 months to finish the program, and they promptly mailed my certificate. They covered every possible aspect you could think of, and they even included one of their top-up courses for free. Their units are easy to go through, and the assignments you have to hand in are thorough and thought-provoking, and help put you in the mindset to build and run lessons. I also learned a lot about teaching and lesson planning in general, this course is not just for ESL teaching. Overall, I would definitely recommend this program to other teachers.

Sometimes it took them a long time to grade assignments.
Rebecca

So happy I did it

This opportunity allowed me to live my dream and move to cool counties. I feel like the lessons got my brain into the mode of teaching English, but more so opened the doors to allow me to apply for better jobs (where I learned a ton more). I think this is a great thing to do for anyone who is interested in teaching, language, travel, building your resume, or just wants a side hustle. Really no down side, the price is reasonable and is worth what you receive and the benifit is really nice. I received a job in less than 2 months of beginning the process. The job was my top city and at the most relevant school group in the city. There are lots of great things here, so I would totally recommend taking full advantage and going for it. Happy travels!

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
How quickly a place can feel like home if you set out to make it so.

About The TEFL Academy

The TEFL Academy specialises in TEFL courses and nothing else. TEFL is not only in our name, but it is also the backbone of our academy. All of our trainers are experienced EFL professionals. They have all qualified as TEFL teachers themselves,...