Combined Level 5 TEFL Course in the United States of America and Canada

COVID-19 Program Updates

Due to global health & safety concerns and travel restrictions related to the coronavirus, The TEFL Academy has decided to offer flexible booking options for some of their upcoming programs. Learn more about COVID-19 updates to stay tuned regarding program information.

At the TEFL Academy we only offer one course because we want all our students to have the best access to global TEFL opportunities. Our course leads to a Level 5 TEFL Certificate (168 hours), regulated by Ofqual (UK) and the DEAC (US) so it’s certified by 2 government bodies!

Our course is built around understanding your potential employers. Within the industry some employers prefer “hands on” studying rather than purely online, and as a result our combined course provides 20 hours in the classroom with an additional 148 hours of online study. This course will give you additional confidence to handle face-to-face tuition, and allow you to have a competitive edge in the marketplace for jobs.

The 20-hour weekend classroom course is designed to breakdown the fundamentals of TEFL. Within those 20 hours you will have teaching opportunities and gain knowledge from other students in the classroom.

• Internationally recognised
  • Qualifies you to apply for paid & volunteer internships
  • Specialist grammar unit
  • Free top-up course
  • Instant access on enrollment

We've got four, yes FOUR new course locations in North America!

👉 Washington DC
👉 Austin
👉 Seattle
👉 Vancouver

• Instruction 9.2
  • Academic Rigor 8.3
  • Job Assistance 8.4
Gerald

Qualifi Level 5 Certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL)

My experience was unique because I started the TEFL Academy certification during the COVID lockdown. My course was very easy to follow virtually. I have been out of school and out of the classroom for over 20 years, and TEFL Academy was very easy to navigate for someone like me who is not the best with technology. I found the course very challenging, and the support I did need was easy to use. At first I breezed through the online Units thinking I would easily come in way under the 168 hours for the course. But then I got to the assignments. Each one took me weeks to complete, working around my full-time job, and I found them to be more challenging than any assignment I had to get my degree in Education. I would highly recommend TEFL Academy's online certification course!

While the support from TEFL Academy was great, having immediate chat feature would have made it easier to get answers to questions immediately.
Kailey

AMAZING PROGRAM!

The TEFL Academy's Level 5 program is absolutely outstanding! It is easy to navigate, you learn a lot, and the response times to questions are super fast! I learned so much from this course that I believe I will use throughout my career of teaching English. There were many times that I had questions about assignments that I would reach out to my tutor and the response replies were so fast. I am so thankful for its affordable rates and options in achieving the certificate both online and in person. I would recommend to anyone 10/10! Thank you TEFL Academy!!!

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
If I could change one thing it would be to schedule out my lessons better and not try to pack so much into one day.
Peter

Level 5 TEFL Course (168 hrs)

The course was well set-up and simple to follow. Progress within the units can be made quickly. Allow more time to complete the 3 assignments as they are composed of several parts that need to be addressed thoroughly. These assignments are the basis of the final grade. The grading of these assignments does take time to complete so keep it in mind if the class deadline is approaching. The entire course can be completed in a little month given full time attention. A unit can be easily completed in less than two hours. Assignments will generally need several days in order to create and organize the relevant worksheets, overheads, reading materials and reflections. Online assistance was helpful several times in finding where grade feedback was located and uploading files.

When communicating with the graders, I did not see right away where the feedback to an assignment could be found. I was helped by the online assistance when I inquired after a few days of waiting. If something was posted to an account, maybe a notification at login would prevent any delays.
Shanna

TEFL Academy experience

I decided to enroll into the TEFL course as I am currently doing an English teaching internship in Japan. I already have experience teaching French in my home country. However, I used to struggle with lesson planning. I also used to feel like my lessons weren’t entertaining, interesting or challenging enough. The TEFL Academy offers units on teaching (productive and receptive) skills, lesson planning and English grammar (which was very helpful since English isn’t my first language!). The course made me more confident about my teaching style and gave me many useful tips. Wherever I decide to work in the future, either in Japan or in Canada, I know that this certificate will benefit me in both countries. I think working on this certificate definitely helped me becoming a better teacher of English, but also of French.

To any future travelers wanting to experience teaching abroad, I would suggest considering an English teaching job. Although English isn’t your first language, many language teaching job opportunities are available all around the world. Having the TEFL certification will definitely be an asset on your resume when job hunting overseas.
Rachel

TEFL Academy Experience

After living in Australia for a year doing a working holiday visa, I was back at home in Vancouver. It seemed like nothing had changed... I had gotten the travel bug really bad... so I started looking for ways to experience living abroad again. I discovered that many people teach English as a ticket to living somewhere new. Although my academic background is Biopsychology.. I thought it was time to try something new.
I was seeking an affordable way to achieve the TEFL certification on my own time, and The TEFL academy provided me with that, so it was perfect for my intentions.
The only thing that this program was lacking is recruitment help.. and I didn't find it very challenging.
Luckily, my friend from university was looking for a replacement in South Korea, so I was able to take over for her and start my adventure.

Take the leap, buy the plane ticket! You never know what a place is like until you experience it for yourself. Also, it's not about where you're going, it's about your mindset. You can meet the most amazing people in the most unexpected of places.
Korea has presented me with many challenges, but also provided me with many beautiful experiences and friendships.
10/10 would recommend living in another country if you're ready to grow as a person and grow your perspective of the world. Be open!
Hamed

Level 5 TEFL Course

To me this course was full of enjoyable and unforgettable lessons that improve my teaching experiences a lot. I really recommend this course to those who want to teach English for the first time. In my opinion, If you start powerfully, you will never defeat. The knowledge you gain from this course opens new doors of success to you. By taking this course successfully, you will have an opportunities to teach overseas as a volunteer, internship or for the jobs containing lots of facilities and opportunities to learn a new language as well as being culturally literate. In its assignments you need to do your best and show your creativity for designing activities to motivate learners and let them work harder than the past.
To sum up, TEFL course Level 5 taught me all the information I need to become a greater teacher.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
The most important moment for me was the time I felt tired and disappointed the help and support of tutors made me overcome my tiring time.
Anezi

The Best and Highly Rated TEFL Course at an Affordable Price

My Level 5 TEFL Course was in San Francisco and Online. The intrusctor was very knowledgeable during the class demo. The course was comprehensive with videos, images and text to enhance comprehension of the materials.
The Course covers everything you will need to succeed as a teacher, the price was very good and its globally reorganized as a British accredited TEFL Course. I got so many help from the TEFL Academy team throughout the course.
The assignments help to re-enforce the materials and enable me to check my understanding of each sessions. The format was perfect with 2 days hands-on classroom training, scenarios and demos as in a classroom settings.
The price was reasonable for such comprehensive Course when compare to so many over-priced courses out there.

The only area of improvement is the job search and job hunt support.
Profile Picture
Carl

Peer Review

I really enjoyed taking this online TEFL course. The program was a great learning experience and the staff was very helpful. I learned a lot more about teaching taking this course than any classroom experience. There were also a 2 day in-person classroom training which the students were able to participate in. The live teachers were very nice and professional with plenty years of experience. My overall goal is to teach English in Southeast Asia for one year. At the same time, I also want to be able to travel many countries in Asia and learn a new language. Some of the countries I have found very interesting are Japan, South Korea, and Vietnam. I have already traveled to many countries in Asia and Europe while living here in the United States. I hope that becoming a TEFL teacher will help me travel to more different countries.

I would provide more links and choices for job opportunities