MEG Online TESOL Course

MEG Online TESOL Course

Midwest Education Group's online 120 hour TESOL course is accepting students now. As opposed to an exam-based model, our course focuses on written assignments and instructor feedback, which we feel is a much more valuable approach to online learning. The course is entirely self-paced, takes on average 30 to 60 days to complete, and is moderated by a PhD-holding instructor. With enrolled students from all over the world, you will have a chance to interact via discussion boards, to gain insight on international perspectives of the ESL community.

Teaching Practicum

Sam
Martinsburg, West Virginia
Indiana University of Pennsylvania

120-Hour TESOL Course

In taking the course, I learned a great deal about ESL methodology and teaching techniques. The course was organized effectively, and I felt that if you could make it through the slow parts, then it became more fun. It took a good deal of self-determination and drive as an online course, but the instructor was quick to respond whenever I had a question.

The MEG staff was very helpful in trying to find placement after the course, and they were also helpful in giving advice about teaching abroad. Sometimes I had difficulty getting through some lessons because of the instructions online, but feedback allowed me to know what I could do better and what things I didn't do properly.

Overall, MEG's 120-TESOL program helped me to feel comfortable enough to get in front of a class and be prepared to help students to learn English.

I think some of the material could be updated and edited, and I think some of the instructions were kind of vague and open to interpretation, creating confusion between the instructor and the students.

Sean
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Indiana University of Pennsylvania

Midwest Education Group- 120 Hr TESOL Course

Our experience with MEG was one of great support and assistance. Our contact at MEG, Brandon Novick, would usually get back to us within hours of emailing and always answered any questions we had regardless of how trivial they may have seemed.
The course was really quick and straightforward, and the materials I used in the class are ones I plan to use in my teaching career. The staff at MEG was also very understanding and paid attention to where we wanted to teach and we were in contact with schools before we had finished the course. Overall our time with MEG was friendly and supportive.

Fixing minor bugs on the moodle page would make the course more streamlined. Also some unit directions could be more concise and less vague.

The Midwest Education Group (MEG),offers TESOL training, ESL courses, and teaching job connections, with the goal of fostering cross cultural communication in the Midwest and beyond. The organization is comprised of leaders in the field of education, dedicated to advancing English language education through MEG's