• Online

Certifications
Online TEFL TEFL

Pricing

$330 USD
The online course can be purchased in GBP, EUROS, US DOLLARS, AUS DOLLARS, CAN DOLLARS and NZ DOLLARS.
Oct 19, 2020
Oct 15, 2021

We only offer one course because we want all our students to have the best access to global TEFL opportunities. Our course leads to a Level 5 TEFL Certificate (168 hours), regulated by Ofqual (UK) and the DEAC (US) so it’s regulated by 2 government bodies!

The online-only version of the course is the most flexible way to get TEFL qualified. Most appeal to anyone would likes to study in your own time with help and support from our dedicated tutor team.

Once you have successfully completed the course you will be qualified to teach English abroad anywhere in the world. For maximum preparation there is an added bonus of a dedicated unit on teaching English to young learners. Another key reason why our TEFL Level 5 certificate is globally the most recognised and accessible TEFL of the market.

The online course consists of eleven mandatory units. With an average of 9 weeks online completion if participating full time.

Program Highlights

• Engagement 9.1
  • Platform 9.5
Grace-Kelly

An Investment Worth Making

I didn't know what to expect through this course, but I was pleasantly surprised at how user-friendly and engaging the content was. As a beginner in all things teaching, I felt nervous and many times inadequate. A great thing about this course is it gives many possible and likely scenarios that will be faced in the classroom, and now that I am made aware, I can proceed with the best course of action.
For those who are new like I was (and am), don't feel rushed to finish ASAP; create a healthy and efficient pace for yourself so that you can make the most of this course and become successful in your teaching journey. The content comes with quizzes and projects to truly test your knowledge, and it will equip you with the right tools to be comfortable in the classroom.

Have fun with this course and let your imagination run wild with creative new ideas on how to effectively teach English to students, young or old. There is no "one shape" to fit in to be an effective teacher. The possibilities are really endless. Don't be afraid to try something new!
1 person found this review helpful.
Shannon

Fabulous Level 5 TEFL Course.

As someone who was not able to complete the course in the given time frame and had multiple back and fourth communications about continuing, I was so blown away by how wonderful and helpful the support team is. I found the course content engaging and interesting as well as easy enough to understand. This was important to me then searching for a TEFL course as I find it hard to study on my own. The assignments were challenging but the markers gave constructive feedback. I ended this course feeling confident in my abilities to step into the classroom and teach.

The only thing I wish there was a bit more of was videos or practical examples of activities to guide you through the assignments.

1 person found this review helpful.
Ashley

Learned quite a bit

Overall, the online program was well organized and had a lot of great tips for new teachers. Obviously, classroom teaching experience and in-person learning cannot be fully replaced by an online course, but this course was still worthwhile. The exams and activities were straightforward, but the three assignments do require quite a bit of time (so don’t procrastinate on them!). The grading of the assignments was also fair and helpful. You’ll finish the course feeling more familiar with lesson plans and classroom language.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would start my assignments earlier! I didn’t realize how tedious the assignments were.
Karolína

TEFL course

I have minimal experience with learning English, so completing the course was very beneficial for me. I learned many new things. In the course, all the necessary information was clearly and comprehensibly explained and the tasks were interesting and beneficial. What I liked the most was that I had plenty of time to work at my own pace and I didn't have to worry about deadlines. If I needed to ask something, I had the opportunity to contact the tutor who gave me feedback. Overall, I evaluate the course positively and I recommend it to beginning teachers and non-native speakers.

Paige

Tefl

TEFL is something that is unique to the world, it's a very well put together program to help those who want to teach and help those who want to learn learn. This was a very good thing for me to try as i have been looking for a new job and I'm excited to try and see what the world has planned for me. If you are looking into teaching programs then this is something that i would recommend for everyone to try.

this program has helped me learn new things when it comes to teaching and now i can teach in an open and safe space.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
1000 year old egg, was an interesting experience and I enjoyed it
Fatema

My Journey With the TEFL 5

I was recommended by my school's HOD to opt for this course during my summer break. I was really excited and wanted to complete this 6-month course during my summer break itself. The best part of this course that I loved the most was the test after each Unit. It was not easy but was really interesting and brainstorming. The only thing I wanted in this course was a tutor who could explain to us how to do the assignments with few examples. Though instructions were quite clear for the assignments, I feel doing the assignments under the tutor's guidance might have helped me a lot more. The course is perfect enough to give an add-on to our qualifications.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
Instead of just reading the course, I would like a tutor to explain us. This will help us to do our assignments in a much easy way.
Kynan

A Fantastic Introduction to TEFL

If you are looking for a professional and easy to use platform that provides insightful information and challenging assignments - I would urge you to take a look at the Level 5 courses on The TEFL Academy (TTA).

As I have been through this particular level of UK academia before, I can say with confidence that the quality of the material is absolutely on par with Undergrad/HND frameworks in the UK, and the depth and range of some of the topics are really fantastic.

Overall, a solid foundational/intermediate course that covers all of the keys skills and knowledge for any new TEFL Teacher.

Rating = 9/10.

There is one particular Unit that just feels extremely long to compete. There is nothing wrong with the information, nor a problem with the relevance of the topic...

Using some more of the interactive functions during this unit would help break it up a bit.

Mojgan

My Level 5 TEFL Course Journey

I’ve already had some teaching experiences but taking this course was a leap forward. Different aspects of EFL teaching are covered in each unit. The activities are easy to follow and the tests are so well-designed. The assignments are challenging but at the same time super beneficial. There is clear instruction for each plus samples. The tutors are so supportive and they provide you with constructive feedback on each assignments. No matter how experienced you are in TEFL I believe taking this course can help you improve your career.