Online Level 5 TEFL Course

We only offer one course because we want all our students to have the best access to global TEFL opportunities. Our course leads to a Level 5 TEFL Certificate (168 hours), regulated by Ofqual (UK) and the DEAC (US) so it’s regulated by 2 government bodies!

The online-only version of the course is the most flexible way to get TEFL qualified. Most appeal to anyone would likes to study in your own time with help and support from our dedicated tutor team.

Once you have successfully completed the course you will be qualified to teach English abroad anywhere in the world. For maximum preparation there is an added bonus of a dedicated unit on teaching English to young learners. Another key reason why our TEFL Level 5 certificate is globally the most recognised and accessible TEFL of the market.

The online course consists of eleven mandatory units. With an average of 9 weeks online completion if participating full time.

• Tutor support from EFL professionals
  • Instant access on enrolment
  • 6-months access to online campus
  • Specialist Grammar Unit
  • Internationally recognised

The TEFL World Factbook 2021

To give teachers an idea of earning potential, degree requirements, typical student profiles and average teaching hours per country, The TEFL Academy has released the 2021 TEFL World Factbook!

• 9-10 rating 84.56%
  • Engagement 9.1
  • Platform 9.4
Rosalind

Worthwhile Level 5 TEFL

I chose this course as it’s level 5. I decided this was more worthwhile than doing a level 3 (120 hour) course as it would give me more employment options. I chose this particular level 5 course as it is well accredited and affordable. I chose this course over a CELTA as CELTA is only for teaching adults whereas I wanted a flexible qualification that would allow me to work with children also.
I did consider the Trinity CertTESOL, which is Level 5 the same as The TEFL Academy, but it was very expensive so The TEFL Academy was an affordable alternative for me.
I was very happy with this course. The content is everything you need to be able to teach adults and children. It’s not an easy course as in particular the assignments are challenging and time consuming, but it’s worth it to obtain a Level 5 TEFL that will be desirable to employers.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
Grammar modules were challenging yet vital to learn
Philippa

Level 5 TEFL Course Online

As someone who was already tutoring EFL parttime and wanted to pursue it as a career, I found I already knew about most areas being taught but this served as a confidence boost in my abilities as a teacher. It also helped me find some very useful material to use in lessons. The staff were great on the phone and the feedback on coursework was fast, informative and uplifting. 6 months completion time is largely doable if you can organise it around work or other studies. Each lesson slide takes about an hour and I put aside an hour a day for two weeks on each assignment.

Make the lesson slides a little more engaging and two of the assignments felt very similar.
Holly

A Great Online Learning Experience

I was initially cautious to try learning online as it wasn't something I had ever done before. The TEFL Academy was accessible and highly enjoyable. I learnt so much about the English language I didn't already know as a native speaker. The course was well structured and easy to follow. Every stage built on your previous knowledge and explained new terms easily. The content was varied and doing it online worked well with my other commitments. Despite being online, I was engaged throughout. The support team was also great at responding quickly to any questions I had.

The use of some interactive content would be great.
Simon

Overall a Good Experience

I just completed the Online Level 5 TEFL course with The TEFL Academy. The course covered a good range of content that I found engaging. The website worked well and I had a hassle free experience with no problems to report. I'd recommend them. For what you get it's good value for money. I compared many online TEFL providers before choosing The TEFL Academy and as far as I could see they are the best in terms of price and having now completed their course the experience was also of good value. Overall it was a good experience.

The only thing that could be better would be perhaps a more stimulating and collaborative online environment.
Judy-Lynn

The TEFL Academy L5 Course

This was an amazing course, pity it took me so long to try it out = I haven't met anyone in my circle that has tried this out yet... I had no examples around me of people making a success of this course.
What is excellent is the response/review from the tutors when doing your assignments... the TEFL Academy wants you to pass/complete your course; making sure you not just read/view the content, but understand it as well.
I was annoyed by the time delay in response of my ticket-requests (I wanted to be helped immediately...) BUT the responses were always helpful and encouraging.
One can honestly complete this course in a few short weeks (+-4-6hours a day), but I had family & work life to juggle, causing me to take an extension - my advice is to take the 3month extension instead of monthly (this can end up being way more expensive).

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
I got a negative response on one of my assignments... and I took it to heart... making me scared/doubt my abilities... but I had to take a step back - this was NOT the end of my course... they were helping me correct my misunderstandings/errors = they were helping me to pass my course.
Once I got over my self pity I blasted through my last assignment... and the rest was history.
Divanya

Level 5 TEFL course

This course was easy to learn and very well structured. The content was engaging and the assignments were challenging enough to put the theory we have learned into practice. The activities in each unit helped prepare us for the types of questions that were to be asked in the tests. The support provided by the tutors were very helpful and responses were quick and easy to understand. They were very helpful when guiding me on my assignments and their advice was professional. Overall , the course was fun and interesting.

In order to improve the programme, I would have liked to have fun , online quizzes and games to keep motivated and entertained to contribute to the uniqueness of the course.
Teresa

A perfect way to learn!

After years of not studying I was nervous about embarking on a TEFL course. But after a reassuring and informative phone conversation with The TEFL Academy I knew that their level 5 online course was perfect for me! Able to study at my own pace (within 6 months) and knowing support was there if I needed it I thoroughly enjoyed the course. The three assignments stretched my capabilities and made me think deeply about my teaching and the excellent feedback showed me areas for improvement. I recommend this course to anyone wanting to add a string to their bow in a way that's fun, interesting and fits in with everyday life! Fabulous!

Theresa

TEFL Level 5 Online Course

I started the TEFL Course when I graduated from university in 2020. The year was full of uncertainty and I hadn't figured out yet what to do after finishing my studies. It was hard to get a job especially when freshly graduated and companies preferred to hire experienced workers in such uncertain times. I did the TEFL Course simply to always have a plan B. Being able to teach English will always be useful. I loved the online format that allowed me to complete the course at my own pace. I can't wait to continue traveling the world from now on with the TEFL certificate, which gives me even more opportunities to discover unknown places.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
The most surprising thing during the course was the self-discipline that I developed while doing this course. As nobody forces you to get started everyday it was kind of hard in the beginning, but I increasingly improved my self-discipline.