Online Level 5 TEFL Course

We only offer one course because we want all our students to have the best access to global TEFL opportunities. Our course leads to a Level 5 TEFL Certificate (168 hours), regulated by Ofqual (UK) and the DEAC (US) so it’s regulated by 2 government bodies!

The online-only version of the course is the most flexible way to get TEFL qualified. Most appeal to anyone would likes to study in your own time with help and support from our dedicated tutor team.

Once you have successfully completed the course you will be qualified to teach English abroad anywhere in the world. For maximum preparation there is an added bonus of a dedicated unit on teaching English to young learners. Another key reason why our TEFL Level 5 certificate is globally the most recognised and accessible TEFL of the market.

The online course consists of eleven mandatory units. With an average of 9 weeks online completion if participating full time.

• Tutor support from EFL professionals
  • Instant access on enrolment
  • 6-months access to online campus
  • Specialist Grammar Unit
  • Internationally recognised

The TEFL World Factbook 2021

To give teachers an idea of earning potential, degree requirements, typical student profiles and average teaching hours per country, The TEFL Academy has released the 2021 TEFL World Factbook!

• 9-10 rating 86.45%
  • Engagement 9
  • Platform 9.5
Paula

Exactly What You Are Looking For

The Level 5 course provided by The TEFL Academy ensures that anyone who takes it is prepared for a career in teaching English abroad. It's not easy, nor is it too hard, and you have plenty of support throughout the course. The content is provided in an easy-to-follow format and allows the learner to pace themselves. You will have practice lesson planning and using your creative side and will be able to use the information provided for years to come.
The course is also of great value for the price and ensures that you have a high enough certification to be able to teach almost anywhere in the world. So if you are still unsure of which course to take or maybe you want to dip your feet into teaching English to test the waters, then this course would be suitable for you.

Getting a TEFL certification with a Bachelor's degree would open up an entire world of long-term exploration.
Mujahid

My experience with studying online with The TEFL Academy

What made my experience so unique was how much I benefited from the deep knowledge that the units covered concerning the English language which I never even knew of nor did I realize how important it was. Like the unit concerning grammar which was unit 4 in the course was very challenging and also very informative. It gave me more knowledge about grammar than I ever knew even though English is my first language. I also loved the unit on the history of English language and how it evolved and spread and became a lingua franca and known as the universal language. What was most outstanding to about studying this course was that it taught me how valuable the English language was in the world and how it broke many communication barriers that people of different origins and nationalities once had. For those who want to study the 168 hours online level 5 TEFL course with The Tefl Academy, I suggest that you hurry because a rich world of knowledge awaits and also an exciting fun learning and easy to navigate online platform awaits with supportive tutors and a very weighty certification awaits if one completes the course. This course is well accredited by award winning bodies like OFqual, QUALIFI, DEAC and AQC as well as the price you pay to begin the course is great value for your money. check out the link (www.theteflacademy.com) for further information.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Being worried when I submit my assignments as I was so nervous if everything was correct in them and if I would pass, but what reassured me was that I could submit them atleast 3 times if I failed and that the tutor assessing the assignment would give informative feedback on where I need to work on to pass.
Olivia

Great TEFL organization to use to kickstart your future!

I went with TEFL Academy because it is a qualification recognised by both the UK and American governments and thus I thought it was the best way to become qualified. Thoroughly enjoyed the experience, the support was wonderful and quick. The only issue I had was it took 2 weeks until I received my first assignment result (but that was because the assignment was changing and so everything was doing the same as me!).
Course is great, I would have loved some more guidance on online teaching, however, included in the programme is an additional free add on course - one of which is online teaching! Very happy with the experience I had and very happy to be qualified, ready to work and travel when the world opens up again! Would really recommend to anyone who has some time on their hands and may have a slight interest in something like this, just to give you the option of a different future!

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would start doing the course as soon as I bought it! The 6 months for the course starts from the date you bought it rather than the day you start working on it so just remember to make a start at first :)
Marina

An excellent course every teacher should take!

I am definitely satisfied with my decision of taking the TEFL Level 5 course at the TEFL Academy. The content is very interesting and easy to follow and you can move back and forth to review contents as much as you want. The interactive activities are engaging and the fact that you have a test after each unit makes you go over the content for revision before going on, which helps reinforce concepts. I would recommend this programme to anyone who wants to start teaching English anywhere in the world.

I would add more videos. The content is very interesting but maybe more videos (not extra material but teachers teaching us this way) would make it more fun and engaging.
Jane

Able to study at my own pace!

I'm a native English speaker, born in the UK, where I lived for over 40 years until I moved to Spain. There have been many occasions over the years, I have wanted to teach English as a foreign language but have never found a course suitable for me - until I found the Tefl Academy! It had everything I was looking for, particularly being able to study at my own pace online while also having recognised accreditation to follow my dream. The 168 hour Level 5 course is in 10 easy-to-follow units, with 3 assignments that consolidate knowledge. I never utilized the support however knew it was there if needed. 5*

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I wouldn't worry as much! I would also probably cut down on reading some of the websites I came across which confused information I was taking in, so I would definitely stick with reputable English teaching websites/tutors etc.
Michael

Flexible and Professional

The staff at The TEFL Academy created a very clear and easy to follow program. Each section is laid out and the online nature of the program allows for a great deal of extra materials to be linked for the industrious student. Most important to me was that the staff was extremely flexible. When a stressful situation forced me to stop my studies for a short period, they were amenable to me pausing the course and resuming at a later date. All in all, it was a great experience and provided me a solid foundation on which to build my experience as a TEFL teacher.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would have put more energy into completing my initial assignment so that I might have finished the course before I was forced to pause it.
Jimmy

Online Level 5 TEFL Course review

I found this course to be very engaging and helpful in learning how to teach English. It was very easy to navigate through the contents in the course. The assessments and assignments really helped me put into practice the concepts that I learned. I also enjoyed the interactive activities in the lessons, it really helped me understand the content. Through studying this course, I learned new things about English that I was unfamiliar about before. Overall, it was money well spent and I would recommend this course.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would spend less time to plan out the course assignments.
1 person found this review helpful.
Jessica

Great TEFL course

I found this course engaging and thorough. I learnt a lot, the online units were interesting and the assignments were well thought out and quickly marked, with insightful and constructive feedback. The tutors were easy to contact and helpful, and I feel well set-up to begin teaching. A lot of emphasis is put on lesson planning and the TEFL interactive style of teaching, which I found very useful. The jobs board has a lot of options and, although I haven't had to use it, it seems like plenty of help is available for job seekers.

Don't leave too much time between doing the online units and completing the assignments as you will need to remember information from the units in order to complete the assignments.