• Online

Certifications
Online TEFL TEFL

Pricing

$330 USD
The online course can be purchased in GBP, EUROS, US DOLLARS, AUS DOLLARS, CAN DOLLARS and NZ DOLLARS.
Oct 19, 2020
Jul 22, 2021

We only offer one course because we want all our students to have the best access to global TEFL opportunities. Our course leads to a Level 5 TEFL Certificate (168 hours), regulated by Ofqual (UK) and the DEAC (US) so it’s regulated by 2 government bodies!

The online-only version of the course is the most flexible way to get TEFL qualified. Most appeal to anyone would likes to study in your own time with help and support from our dedicated tutor team.

Once you have successfully completed the course you will be qualified to teach English abroad anywhere in the world. For maximum preparation there is an added bonus of a dedicated unit on teaching English to young learners. Another key reason why our TEFL Level 5 certificate is globally the most recognised and accessible TEFL of the market.

The online course consists of eleven mandatory units. With an average of 9 weeks online completion if participating full time.

Program Highlights

• Engagement 9.1
  • Platform 9.5
Kynan

A Fantastic Introduction to TEFL

If you are looking for a professional and easy to use platform that provides insightful information and challenging assignments - I would urge you to take a look at the Level 5 courses on The TEFL Academy (TTA).

As I have been through this particular level of UK academia before, I can say with confidence that the quality of the material is absolutely on par with Undergrad/HND frameworks in the UK, and the depth and range of some of the topics are really fantastic.

Overall, a solid foundational/intermediate course that covers all of the keys skills and knowledge for any new TEFL Teacher.

Rating = 9/10.

There is one particular Unit that just feels extremely long to compete. There is nothing wrong with the information, nor a problem with the relevance of the topic...

Using some more of the interactive functions during this unit would help break it up a bit.

Mojgan

My Level 5 TEFL Course Journey

I’ve already had some teaching experiences but taking this course was a leap forward. Different aspects of EFL teaching are covered in each unit. The activities are easy to follow and the tests are so well-designed. The assignments are challenging but at the same time super beneficial. There is clear instruction for each plus samples. The tutors are so supportive and they provide you with constructive feedback on each assignments. No matter how experienced you are in TEFL I believe taking this course can help you improve your career.

Bulelwa

The TEFL Academy

I thoroughly enjoyed the course. I found the course easy to navigate and the course material engaging and stimulating. It allows for people who have no prior teaching experience to learn teaching methods, learn multiple ways to engage with students from varying ages and how to use teaching aids. The regular tests gave me a good idea of my progress and ability. The course is incredibly well structured and detailed which leaves little room for confusion. I was fortunate to have the best tutors who marked my assignments. They were always so encouraging and well informed and gave detailed feedback. Overall, I would definitely 100% recommend The TEFL Academy to my friends!

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Submitting my first assignment. It took me two weeks of revising and re-revising and an extra four days to gain the courage to press submit. How did I overcome it? By counting too three and reminding myself that tutors are only a ticket away to clear any confusion.
Maja

Glad I did this!

I thought it would be a good idea to have an international certification from a recognized institution, since I am looking to move abroad and continue my teaching career in another country. I wanted a serious course, not something that could be done in your sleep but not impossibly demanding either. The TEFL Academy provides just that. It was fun to be a student again and navigate through the visually appealing content, discover new things.. Assignments as well as tests require a thorough understanding - that's what makes it worth your time! It is challenging but I also felt guided and supported all the time. No prior teaching knowledge is required, however, an advanced level of English is.. All in all, taking this course was a decision I'm congratulating myself for!

What was your funniest moment?
Writing my assignment documents felt almost like doing my thesis again hahaha! I was constantly going back and forth through all the documents, probably unnecessarily.
Dmytro

A convenient way to study

During this Coronavirus pandemic almost the whole world switched to online, studying included. Being able to continue following your plans regardless of the situation is a luxury and I'm glad I had this chance. Studying at The TEFL Academy was... challenging at times, and yet it was productive. I had already had some experience before I started the course but found it informative and useful. It's well-designed and it tries its best to make you a good/better teacher. And their staff is very friendly!

Perhaps adding an option for people who already have experience would be comfortable, as some fundamentals were too obvious.
Zahra

Fantastic experience with The TEFL Academy

The TEFL Academy course was simple to follow and easy to navigate. The support team in all departments responded promptly to all queries. As a student teacher currently completing my Bachelors in Education, I noticed the content overlapped which proved its authenticity. I would therefore recommend this course and company to all those looking for a reliable institute to complete their TEFL certificate. Teaching online as become the new norm with the current pandemic and this course equips you with the specific skills to teach English online.

Assignments should be accessible before completing the full unit to allow more time to work on it.
James

The TEFL Academy - WORTH IT!

As an older student who already had an MA I was a bit skeptical that this course would offer value, but I couldn't have been more wrong. Not only was this course a great fit with someone who already had years of teaching experience, it also helped me with my own language acquisition in Brazilian Portuguese (I live in Brazil) The learning methods transfer into other languages and I found it engaging and thought-provoking. And for the money - there isn't a more valuable certificate program out there.

What was your funniest moment?
...looking for their phone number for an hour before realizing they don't offer phone support!? LOL I don't know....as I was an online student there wasn't the hilarity that ensues in traditional classrooms.
Fiorella

The best Online TEFL Course you will find out there!

I first heard about this certificate a several months ago and started looking for reviews but didn't find anything good. Afterwards, I was scrolling on Instagram and found another Argentinian girl (Caro Piqueras) who talked about the TFL Academy and the wonderful experience she has teaching both abroad in Thailand and online from home in Argentina. I didn't hesitate on reaching out to her and asking for more info. This certificate was everything I was looking for and it has exceeded my expectations. I've learned things I didn't know I needed to learn and I've been able to succesfully put it in practice for the assignments. I'm really excited to start my new journey in teaching english and I feel totally confident and prepared now!

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would have put even more time in every unit to absorve more information. I've loved this course!