Online Level 5 TEFL Course

man high-fiving little kid
man high-fiving little kid
group of kids in matching Chinese cultural outfits
group of kids in matching Chinese cultural outfits

We only offer one course because we want all our students to have the best access to global TEFL opportunities. Our course leads to a Level 5 TEFL Certificate (168 hours), regulated by Ofqual (UK) and the DEAC (US) so it’s regulated by 2 government bodies!

The online-only version of the course is the most flexible way to get TEFL qualified. Most appeal to anyone would likes to study in your own time with help and support from our dedicated tutor team.

Once you have successfully completed the course you will be qualified to teach English abroad anywhere in the world. For maximum preparation there is an added bonus of a dedicated unit on teaching English to young learners. Another key reason why our TEFL Level 5 certificate is globally the most recognised and accessible TEFL of the market.

The online course consists of eleven mandatory units. With an average of 9 weeks online completion if participating full time.

• Tutor support from EFL professionals
  • Instant access on enrolment
  • 6-months access to online campus
  • Specialist Grammar Unit
  • Internationally recognised

50% off starting Monday! Start the worlds most recognizable Level 5 TEFL certificate

Starting midnight on Sunday you can sign up for the worlds most recognisable Level 5 TEFL certificate at HALF PRICE! Give yourself the best chance to teach English abroad with the best TEFL on the market

• Instruction 9.4
  • Academic Rigor 8.4
  • Job Assistance 8.1
Tahseen

Amazing Course!

The TEFL Academy online course was challenging and provided me with all the necessary knowledge needed to start my career in TEFL. The staff was always professional and friendly and all interaction done with them was well received (even the silly questions at times). They reassured me when querying about the course and lived up to the expectations up until the end upon receiving my certificate. The assignments were a bit difficult but upon reading and researching, I was able to figure out exactly what to do. The staff also assured me that they would assist in building my CV and assisting in finding work. TEFL Academy is really one of the best around. Other companies online seemed to scam their clients. TEFL Academy gave me the confidence to start this new venture!

The assignments were a bit difficult and I would request more assistance or better explanations of what is required.
Louise

Level 5 TEFL Course

I would highly recommend this course to anyone who would like to begin a career teaching English as a foreign language! I completed this course alongside my university degree and I found it extremely manageable because you can decide when you work and how much you complete each time you log on. The three assignments come with clear instructions and the markers gave me thorough feedback each time, meaning I was able to improve in the following assignments. This helped build my confidence throughout the course and I now feel confident in saying that I would be competent at teaching English as a foreign language. The face-to-face aspect was extremely helpful as it allowed me to ask our mentor questions that the online section may not be able to answer. It also allowed me to gain a great insight from someone who has been teaching English as a foreign language for years which helped build my knowledge base and skill set. Considering how much I have learnt on this course, I would say that it is 100% worth the cost. Thank you TEFL Academy!!

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would have started the assignments earlier on in the course!
Eliise

Level 5 TEFL Course (168 hrs) Online

İ completed the Level 5 TEFL Course (168 hrs) Online. İ really enjoyed every minute of studying it, because it was so interestingly an professionally designed. The tests at the end of every lesson were very challenging and helped a lot in remembering the concepts that were discussed. Teaching videos were also great!
İ am not a native english speaker, so i was afraid that maybe the course would be too difficult for me. But it wasn't. İt was quite easy and challenging at the same time. İ improved my english through the course a lot!
İ'm currently a teacher in Turkey and I constantly use the skills I learned from The TEFL Academy. İ took notes in every Unit from the course, so İ could renegotiate the ideas.
Thank you TEFL academy!
İ do recommend this course!

Quentellus

Reassuring & exciting

If your native in english this was a great refresher. When the time came where you thought you would get to somthing you dont understand, you were taught in a way to remind you of when you were taught in school, or there would be mini quizzes that make you have fun relearning it. Though, you do wish there were more of those mini quizzes in the thmo make those lengthy ones more fun.
There are a lot of times in the lessons where when you are reminded of somthing that you find natural to you , your taken a little deeper. Sometimes I would imagine teaching what you see in the course because its played out in such a fun way. If your given somthing you dont remember , dont worry it will comeback to you. The examples given in the course confuse you at times , but remember that half the fun of figuring it out .

More of the mini quizzes in the lessons would be more thoughtful for those longer units
Konstantinos

Fantastic course

A very affordable course, especially for the value it offers. Talk about bang for the buck! The TEFL Academy offers top-notch support with a staff always there to assist you, on work days of course. Course materials and lessons are of high quality and the 3 assignments are challenging enough to be the highlights of the course. To be honest, I had already landed a job when I enrolled, therefore I can't really assess their helpfulness in guiding me towards a job. But I already received an email including links to their job board and other great job boards, thus they seem promising in this regard too. Overall, I was impressed with the affordability and quality of The TEFL Academy's Online Level 5 Course and highly recommend it to anyone looking to get TEFL certified.

Correct some spelling mistakes here and there but not a big deal.
Nafisa

My online TEFL course experience

Being a rusty 42 year old busy mum of 2 , I hesitatingly signed up for TEFL Course(168 hour course. I had always wanted to pursue a teaching career but never got round to it. We were given six months to complete the course . It was extremely convenient to be able to this course from home . The online course content was tailor made and specific. i found myself growing as I progressed through the course. It was well structured ,progressive and easy to understand . I enjoyed the end of unit tests, they helped to consolidate my understanding. Assignments were always timeously marked and detailed feedback was given
The support system was excellent. Whenever , I logged a query I was attended to effectively and almost immediately.

I would add more information on actual lessons for online teaching and face to face teaching.So that students can start their career feeling more equipped.
Hadeel

Level 5 TEFL Course Review

I have completed this course within a month. It was challenging in a good way, and I have learnt a lot. I'm not a native English speaker. However, I found it very clear and easy to understand. This course contains so much valuable information. I really feel I can start my teaching journey. I'm now able to develop my own lesson plans to teach the four main skills and also know how to choose the best activities for each stage based on my students age and interests. I can also pick the right authentic materials for students and choose a topic which sounds interesting for them. This course provided me with information about how manage the class and understand the students behavior and needs. I'm very excited to start applying for jobs. I really would like to teach in Dubai. Wish me luck!!!

I would improve the assignments instructions. There is so much repetition in the instructions.
Harriet

My review

The course was detailed and interesting. It was challenging in places but examples made it easy to understand. The content was current and easy to follow. Support was provided when needed and the ability to extend the course was great. I would have like more practical activities which could be used in class but the theory was very valuable. The content was clearly laid out and easy to follow and the website was rays to navigate. I would and have recommended this course to others as I think with the discount it is good value for money. I feel that even though I am already working overseas it would support my future career in teaching. I am interest to see what support it provides now that I have completed the course. Job support would be greatly appreciated.

I would include more practical activities like quizez and more activities that you can do in class.
Robert

Easy to follow course

This online course was easy to follow and comprehensive. By spending as much or as little time as necessary on each unit I found my time was spent efficiently because concepts I was already familiar with could be covered quickly. The work required to progress through the course ensures you don't get lazy but isn't too challenging. The assignments required for completion of the course were much more detailed, providing ideal preparation for actually teaching classes in the future. Lots of good feedback was returned with the marked assignments which I found extremely helpful in understanding what is required to teach well. The time allowed for access of the course is ample in my opinion. Also provided are lots of links for further reading and professional resources, job sites, etc.

I might improve the course navigation, even though it was perfectly adequate could have been slightly slicker.
Kim

ONLINE TEFL for Business and Travel

I have just completed the Level 5 TEFL Course (168 hrs) certification.
The online course was great as I managed my time to fit it into my very full working life. The stages were easy to follow and the units and assignments well positioned.

I started this as a referral by my son now living in Asia. Having a value I can take with me when visiting my grandson by being able to teach English as I stay for sometimes 2 months, is exciting for me.
And I know that there are private clients already waiting.

My main focus however is to be a language mediator between trade negotiations as this is my career. To enable business colleagues to better negotiate where English is a foreign second language is where my focus is.

The assignments really challenged me in creativity and knowing my audience.
The short tests at the end of each unit were fun.

I highly recommend this as a confidence builder - by being able to succeed in studying during my mid fifties having last studied in my twenties has been a great experience.
Having this platform to initiate myself made it easy and not as daunting as I feared.

So I haven’t started teaching yet but this has been a well thought out goal with a plan.
And now I’m certified.

Sometimes the tech when using google chrome did not allow for uploading of unit documents. As an online system, this should be available.
Cameron

Very Happy Student

I have not studied anything for about 15 years so was a little daunted when embarking on the Tefl Journey. Once I stated the course however all of my fears went away. Whilst challenging at times, the course gave me all of the necessary tools and knowledge to begin my new journey in EFL teaching. The layout of the online course is easy to navigate and the assistance is always there if needed. The assignments were challenging at times and really put me into a situation that I am likely to face when in a teaching role. The feedback to the assignments was amazing and left me knowing exactly what I did well, and what I could have done differently or better. I would recommend this course to anyone looking to complete a TEFL accreditation in the future.

The time to have assignments marked and also to receive the completion certificate could be improved slightly.
Keli

Life Changing.

Having hit a crossroads in my life, hitting forty and recently retrenched after a good long career in marketing and event management. I decided to make a complete career twist and I started my Level 5 TEFL Course (168 hrs) in August and completed it before the end of September, having so much time on my hands made it easier as I could set full study days as well as plan my timing for assignments.

I found the course to be easy to navigate through, with tests at different sections to make sure that I was understanding the course and what would be required from me in the future, when I persue TEFL teaching as a career.

Having not studied in many years, it took me some time to get back into the assignments and I landed up thoroughly enjoying every moment spent on the course and my assignments.

Feedback when needed was relevantly quick and assignments were marked and returned with good feedback and pointers on ways to improve going forward from the dedicated markers.

I would recommend TEFL Academy to any learner young or older due to the ease and the ability to study and complete your course through many different devices

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Final Assignment nearly killed me - I had to seriously put my thinking cap on and work some magic. Old dog learnt some new tricks :)
Heather

Great learning experience

I really enjoyed this course and feel like I learned a great deal about language and teaching. The support staff were quick to respond and helpful and it is clear that they take criticisms into account in order to constantly improve the course. They adapt the assignment deadlines if you have a special education need and provide useful feedback. The course was well structured and the format of each lesson was user friendly and well explained. Six months to complete the course was appropriate and you could do each section in your own time and based it around your work/home life. TEFL is a really useful qualification for overseas travellers so it was useful to have an affordable course available to do in your own time and with good program support.

Assignment layout as I found the requirements confusing. They are working on this already.
Rebecca

Excellent online programme

Earlier this month I completed the Level 5 TEFL course (168 hours). It took me about three months in total. I've been impressed throughout my studies at the quality of the online platform. From both a content and visual perspective it is well developed and engaging. Studying alone can be isolating but it kept me interested as I moved through the different sections - the way they are structured means you're always learning something new and different. I also liked the further reading/resources material that was provided at the end of each section. The assignments were tougher than I expected and really got me to reflect on what I’d learnt and put it into practice. I feel confident now to help students learn English and am very pleased I took this course.

I'd like to have had more opportunity to connect with other students to share ideas, challenges and thoughts. It might be that this exists somewhere - if it does I didn't find it!
Anna

Great course, lots of work to do!

I really enjoyed the layout of the course. I thought the chapters followed a good structure that built on each previous chapter. I enjoyed the assignments and found that the TA feedback was very useful. I spent roughly 3 hours at a time working on it and was very productive some weeks and other weeks not so much. I completed the course during the summer so I had a lot going on but found I was so interested in the content that I wanted to make time for the course. I think it will be a great resume builder because it seems to be from a very reliable company. I would recommend if you are thinking of teaching abroad because you can easily save a lot of the information for future use. Overall, the course was a lot more time consuming than I thought it would be but was well worth it.

The assignments were a little bit too involved and maybe could have been split up into smaller sections more frequently so they were not so overwhelming.