ITTT TEFL Course in Cebu, Philippines

ITTT TEFL Course in Cebu, Philippines

Located in one of the most developed provinces of the Philippines, our Cebu TEFL course provides the perfect mix of thriving city and tropical island living. The hustle and bustle of Cebu city is an ideal place to start your teaching career with many opportunities available for qualified teachers and just a short trip away you can find beautiful white sandy beaches lapped by crystal clear waters.

The course in Cebu provides you with 4 weeks of in-class training covering the fundamentals of English language teaching and includes a high proportion of observed teaching practice. Graduates receive an internationally recognized TEFL certificate and lifetime job support.

Prefer an online TEFL option? Enroll in ITTT's online course today!

Asia » Philippines » Cebu City
Training Length
120hours
Job Placement
Hotel

According to their site, no degree is specifically required, but some countries do have degree requirements. In terms of age, they welcome anyone over the age of 18 that is willing to work in the classroom environment and is open to new ideas! Here's the link for more FAQ: https://www.teflcourse.net/faq/ Good luck!

• Benefits
  • Facilities

Jack
Los Andeles, California and Valencia, Philippines
University of Louisville

Adventure with anxiety

The program was fun, but probably due to my inexperience in teaching, I experienced a fair amount of anxiety. There was little doubt that I could succeed in the training, but I began to question whether I really wanted to be a teacher. I pushed through my doubts and did my best, and in the end I was able to prepare for and complete all of the required teaching practice sessions.

While the anxiety preceding each teaching practice session never went away completely, it was tolerable and I tended to feel much more comfortable once the sessions began and I was actually interacting with the students. Our teachers, Nancy and Ace, are very experienced and they gave us constructive and encouraging feedback throughout the course and particularly after each practice session.

The computers and networking are out of date and would benefit from upgrades.

I suggest that older students manage their expectations regarding employment after the course. Unlike in the U.S., where age discrimination is technically unlawful, the Asian job market overtly discriminates against older teachers and males. This is particularly true in Korean and Chinese job listings, some of which explicitly call for females under age 35.

Thomas
Cebu, Philippines
Queen Mary- University of London

Enriching and Enjoyable

This course has been an excellent experience on many levels. From the first day, I was impressed, and indeed inspired, by the two instructors, Ace and Nancy. Both possess a genuine passion for teaching as well as breadth and depth in both knowledge and experience.

For me, as a veteran teacher, the biggest challenge was expanding my horizons as to lesson planning and teaching style. Hitherto, I had mainly taught adults out of a textbook, and now I was being challenged to come up with original materials and to teach students across a wider spectrum of age and language level. I am happy to say that the instructors really helped me to utilize and properly channel my abilities. In learning about how to create materials, I learned what actually GOES INTO making a textbook.

Another advantage of taking this course is that one learns how to make each lesson more effective. Part of this involves making the lesson well-rounded, i.e. including listening, speaking, grammar, reading, and perhaps also writing. Henceforth, I am confident that students leaving my classroom for the day will feel that they have indeed learned something and know how to use it.

I certainly feel that this program is much more than simply a "piece of paper", and is rather a serious and essential step for those who wish to teach ESL.

Josephine
Cebu City Philippines

Practice makes perfect!

I now put in my heart that every experience I encountered in my life may it be good or bad, poor or satisfactory is a dot that would connect everything in my existence and therefore my experiences during the TESOL training were taken as advantageous to me.

Memorizing lines or dialogues was not my cup of tea but I realized that in teaching a second language to other nationalities memorizing basic dialogues are vital, and becoming familiar with the procedures would somehow greatly help the teacher in executing the lesson in a more successful and less chaotic manner. That's where I came to know the importance and usefulness of making a lesson plan.

Another good thing about the training was the incorporating and preparing of our own visual aids. I believe that the visual aids helped the students and the teacher enjoy the lesson more and transfer of learning is more memorable and realistic because of the colorful and well researched visual aids.

Practice teaching and demonstrating with classmates and students helped me develop my confidence and knowledge on how to execute the lessons properly. My strategies in teaching had been refined and improved, and much to my amazement I have observed that I was able to deliver lessons that were orderly, worthwhile and successful...

Because of this I could say that TESOL has been of great help to me in all ways.

I agree that "no program is perfect" but that's what I like about it it's imperfection because we learn from our imperfections.

Craig
Wisconsin
University of Wisconsin- Madison

Knowledgeable Staff

Very knowledgeable staff, current, relevant course. Good experiences. Classroom teaching experience afforded at all levels. Some mundane busy work, but not bad.

Very helpful with visa issues.

Very nice friendly community in one of the most beautiful places in the world.

Fix the printers!

Aki
Manila, Philippines

TEFL/TESOL Centre Cebu Philippines

The month long TEFL program was divided into two parts: the first two weeks were dedicated to lectures while the final two weeks were concentrated on actual Teaching Practice (TP).

Lecture weeks were pretty straightforward as trainers taught trainees how to write lesson plans and handle students using proper classroom management. At the end of the second week, I was personally more confident in my abilities to teach a larger group.

TP weeks were hectic and mind numbing, but also informative and humbling. Preparation for each lesson was a taxing affair but the contentment I felt after each lesson made up for the late nights and large intake of caffeine.

The trainers were able to prepare us sufficiently for each TP and graded after. I met great people and had a wonderful time at a beautiful location.Overall, it was a completely different, but amazing experience.

I don't have any major complaints about the program. Any complaints I had were addressed by the staff and solutions/compromises were made immediately.

However, I would like to see a larger pool of students for the trainees to teach. For example, our one to one students were also our high school students which made teaching high school easier as we already knew the students personally and have already assessed their proficiency level.

Jessica
I am in Seoul in Korea.

what a effective program with nice teachers!

It was really good for me to learn how to teach foreigners as also one of foreigners in the Philippines. Even though sometimes we should do lots of assignments at a time a day it was helpful to enhance my reaching skills with good peers and teachers. I made many various friends there during the program and still contact them sharing information about English education. Staffs and teachers always help me to find good jobs available so I really appreciate them.

Actually the program was awesome enough to give me chances to teach students and get feedbacks directly from teachers and peers but there was one thing that i needed more was that we only treated speaking fields much.

Chresente
Cebu, Philippines

Great Experience!

TEFL International`s TESOL Certificate program was very intense in schedule with so many activities. The learning and inputs from the trainers are amazing. The center people were very supportive to all of us. The program helped me improve my teaching and classroom management skills.

There was a problem with internet but I heard this is not isolated to our center. Philippines` internet condition is not really that fast.

Since 1993, ITTT has provided industry-leading TEFL Teacher Training to over 150,000 trainees who are now working in over 40 countries around the world. With a large array of TEFL course options, including online, in-class and combined, ITTT TEFL aims to support and educate future