This program is no longer offered. View more programs from WorldTeach.
WorldTeach - Volunteer Teaching in Poland - (past program)

WorldTeach - Volunteer Teaching in Poland - (past program)

This program is no longer offered. View more programs from WorldTeach.

WorldTeach has been working with the local government in Poland to bring volunteers to public primary and secondary schools. Your responsibilities will include teaching conversational English, basic grammar, and lessons on American culture. Volunteers are also encouraged to engage in community activities and projects. WorldTeach also provides the opportunity for trips to major culture sights and celebrations in the region of Poland where you will be teaching.

With our summer program, you can also become TEFL certified to earn credibility and give you an edge in the ESL teaching job market. While certification usually costs about $1,899, with WorldTeach you can become certified for FREE while also gaining priceless in-country teaching experience.

Europe » Poland
Salary / Benefits
•Personal guidance through application process
•Pre-departure literature & preparation
•Comprehensive visa sponsorship & assistance
•Health & emergency evacuation insurance
•Orientation Training
•Support from full time in-country staff
•Meals & housing during training and conferences
•Transportation to and from placement site
•Meals & housing at placement site
•Mid-Service Conference
•End-of-Service Conference
•Up to a week of cultural excursions & sightseeing
Krakow

• Benefits
  • Facilities

Caitlin
Indianapolis
Anderson University

Teaching in Poland- Life Changing Experience

My time in Poland is something I will cherish forever. As an education major, I was looking forward to working with children and teaching them English. Upon arrival in Warsaw, I was greeted by the field coordinator as well as the other volunteers. Our first week of orientation was great and we were able to explore some of the country. We took some pedagogy classes as well as a Polish language class. I spent the next six weeks in a small town outside of Krakow. Living with a host family is a vital part of the experience and I learned so much about myself and the country.

Overall, I would recommend this program. The only issues I had were with the organization of the field director. I did not know my placement until a few days after my initial arrival and there was lots of confusion for most of the other volunteers. It was a little disorganized but that comes with working in a different country. When the field coordinator was not helpful, the home office in Boston was.

Improve organization, communication

A.
MN
Macalester College

Poland

I participated in this program in 1991 (dang I am OLD!) and to this day, I am continually reminded of many ways in which this program has influenced my career and my life. I had amazing cohort members, and I am still in contact with many of them. The program offered just the right amount of support without being micromanaging. WorldTeach as an organization has continued to thrive and to reach out to alums. I am a faculty on a state college campus, and whenever I get the chance, I plug WorldTeach!

If I could change one thing, I would like to participate again in a program, but this time bring my kids along.

WorldTeach was founded in 1986 by a group of Harvard students who were motivated by the desire to promote local education initiatives in places where teachers and resources were lacking. Today, we continue to provide opportunities for individuals to serve as volunteer teachers around the