Teach English in Poland with English Wizards!

COVID-19 Program Updates

Due to global health & safety concerns and travel restrictions related to the coronavirus, English Wizards has decided to offer flexible booking options for some of their upcoming programs. Learn more about COVID-19 updates to stay tuned regarding program information.

Looking to live and work in the heart of Central Europe but don’t have an EU passport and also don’t join a restrictive, low paying teaching assistant program? Working with English Wizards provides you the option to find paid teaching jobs at schools all over Poland with a legal work visa and full support available inside and outside of the classroom.

Poland is one of the world’s fastest growing TEFL destinations due to its charming culture, beautiful medieval cities, cheap cost of living, and the widespread availability of jobs for native English speakers. Navigating the job market alone can be quite difficult, especially without EU citizenship, but English Wizards makes the process easier than ever before!

Uniquely, our programs gives you access to the entire country and its booming job market, you're never restricted to a certain job. Plus, you'll enjoy the full benefits of coming on one of the largest and most supportive teaching programs in Europe!

• FLEXIBLE START DATES: Start at your earliest convenience
  • Live and Work in the Heart of Europe
  • 100% Flexibility: Work Anywhere in Poland - Your Choice
  • Full Visa Support & Arrival Support for all Teachers
  • No Program Fee

• Benefits 8.3
  • Facilities 9.7
Jessica

Best way to live in Europe!

I taught as a Language Assistant in Warsaw, Poland for 6 months. It was a simple and easy way to be able to live in Europe. Poland, in general, is beautiful with loads of history but a fraction of the cost of other Euro countries. The school I worked for was what in the U.S. we would consider a daycare center. It was for kids under the age of 3 and I was a teacher in the classroom for 1-1.5 year olds. I loved it and loved the kids. It was easy to put in your 4 hours a day and get the rest of the day for whatever you wanted. Poland is a hidden gem of a country and should be on every person's short list of places to visit!

The welcoming could use some work. We were met briefly on day one, but then left to find our new apartment on our own, in a new city with no internet. It was a stressful start to an otherwise enjoyable working relationship.
JOSEPH

A few months -not long enough

I taught for a few months in the lovely city of Wroclaw, Poland as a Language Assistant. The city and the English Wizard Program was very enjoyable and fulfilling. As an African-American I was nervous about safety, but after a few days of adjusting I started to travel alone and made some friends. A great experience for anyone who likes to teach and wants to explore central Europe. There's a lot of history, food, and vodka to discover in Poland. The program staff was very helpful and professional. I hope to return to the program or country one day in the future. Poland was a lot to see for people who enjoy taking photographs as well. If you are thinking about coming to Europe Poland is located in a great spot. Many European countries can be reached within a 3 hour or less plane flight!

Having a flight benefit would be nice for this program as many Asian agencies offer that.
Michael

Amazing Experience With These Guys!

My overall experience with the English Wizards program has been fantastic. I applied less than a month before I started, and I never would have guessed the visa process would be so simple. I sent them a few documents, went to the embassy, and bam I was good to go! Their legal team really knows what they're doing!
In comparison to the program I did in Spain, I found the teaching to be a lot more relaxing and less stressful, perhaps because I was teaching in a preschool instead of a secondary school. But the kids were all fun, the hours short, and classes were small. My colleagues were all lovely, and I always felt as if help was only a second away if the language barrier was too much.
Living in Krakow was such a blast!! The city really has so much more to see compared to what the average tourist sees. I was a bit nervous about not speaking any Polish, but turns out everyone speaks near-perfect English!
One area I found English Wizards really stands out is their level of support and community. Unlike other language assistant programs like the one I did in Spain which was government-run, English Wizards is a small company run by a tight-knit team of fellow expats. And they really create a sense of community among us. Not once did I feel like I was stuck and had nobody to ask for help. After a week it felt like my program director was my buddy as well as my mentor!

Things I would improve if I did it again:
They will occasionally offer you the opportunity to do additional teaching. Take it!! Twice I was offered an extra 5 hours a week doing company English classes but turned them down since I didn't want to give up my free time. But it would have literally doubled my salary! I guess I wasn't really thinking about money at the time, but now my wallet is hurting, ha!