• Poland
52+ weeks
Classroom Audience
Early Childhood Pre-School Middle School High School University Students Adults Business

Program Details

Qualifications
  • Native English Speaker OR native-level fluency
  • TEFL Certificate (or equivalent)
  • An outgoing personality
  • Prior experience is highly preferred, but not required
Job Type
Teacher Exchange
Classroom Audience

Pricing

Salary / Benefits
Salaries in Poland for full-time teachers range between €750 and €1500 per month depending on your qualifications and experience. In addition to your salary, you'll receive the full benefits of being a member of the English Wizards community, including arrival and pre-departure support, assistance finding accommodation, onsite 24/7 support, regular social events, and lifelong access to our exclusive database of teaching resources and job offers,
What's Included
Activities SIM cards Visa
What's Included (Extra)

While we can assist with work visas for non-EU nationals, we do not cover the costs.

What's Not Included
Accommodation Some Activities Airfare Domestic Airfare Meals Transportation Travel Insurance Wifi
Sep 27, 2021
Nov 27, 2022
41 travelers are looking at this program

Looking to live and work in the heart of Central Europe but don’t have an EU passport and also don’t join a restrictive, low paying teaching assistant program? Working with English Wizards provides you the option to find paid teaching jobs at schools all over Poland with a legal work visa and full support available inside and outside of the classroom.

Poland is one of the world’s fastest growing TEFL destinations due to its charming culture, beautiful medieval cities, cheap cost of living, and the widespread availability of jobs for native English speakers. Navigating the job market alone can be quite difficult, especially without EU citizenship, but English Wizards makes the process easier than ever before!

Uniquely, our programs gives you access to the entire country and its booming job market, you're never restricted to a certain job. Plus, you'll enjoy the full benefits of coming on one of the largest and most supportive teaching programs in Europe!

Program Highlights

• FLEXIBLE START DATES: Start at your earliest convenience
  • Live and Work in the Heart of Europe
  • 100% Flexibility: Work Anywhere in Poland - Your Choice
  • Full Visa Support & Arrival Support for all Teachers
  • Competitive Salaries: Poland has some of the best ESL salaries in the EU

Current Teaching Jobs

View the latest teaching job postings by English Wizards.

• 5 rating 88.89%
  • 4 rating 11.11%
  • 3 rating 0%
  • 2 rating 0%
  • 1 rating 0%
  • Benefits 4.7
  • Facilities 4.9
Aaron
No, I don't recommend this program

English Wizards

I used English Wizards for their freelancer program. It's hard to imagine how I could have done this without their help. Their staff helped me get a PESEL, a bank account, an apartment, and a residence permit. There's a lot of bureaucracy in Poland, and English Wizards helped me get through the complicated process. Staff was responsive by email, and we also met in person to check my completed application. I highly recommend English Wizards to freelancers who want to move to Poland. Their social events are fun too.

Pros
  • Help applying for residency
  • In-person assistance
1 person found this review helpful.
Wendy

Everyone Should Experience Living Abroad

Being over 50 when I decided to try living abroad and teaching, a lot of people thought I was crazy. My life went into storage, I quit my job, and I moved to Paris. A short stint there led to 4 years in China, a half year in Bali, and onto Poland. Randomly scanning job boards for SE Asia, I stumbled upon English Wizards and I decided to contact them. One thing led to another and their enthusiasm not only for English Wizards but Poland, in general, hooked me. Although it would be 6-9 months before I was able to move to Poland, the EW gang kept in touch and pointed me in all the directions I needed to go...visa options, residency permits, work permits, you name it, they provided assistance/guides. When I return to the USA, probably all parents of high schoolers will want to kill me, because I want to go into schools and tell those kids to "take that gap year" and experience life abroad. English Wizards is the perfect way to make that happen. I won't just tell those "kids" but I would recommend to anyone who is at a turning point in their life to take the leap. English Wizards is a great way to do this because it won't feel as if you are doing it alone and have to figure everything out yourself. There will be someone there to assist you. I tell everyone, you're never too old or young to make your life a story worth telling.

Pros
  • Experienced assistance by the EW staff
  • Ease of travel in Europe
  • Cultural Exchange
Cons
  • Paperwork for immigration can be a hassle but in the end its worth it
Jason

English Wizards are making magic happen

English Wizards assisted with all of the documents from work permits and visas to bank accounts and PESEL numbers. That is all very well.

But to be honest, if it wasn't for Myles, my community manager I would have really struggled to adapt. We are not just colleagues now, we are friends. And I have made many friends thanks to all the social events he organised.

When I was having some tough times, Myles, Chris and all of my new colleagues were there to support me.

I cannot thank these guys enough for all of the support and the comprehensive training we received.

What was your funniest moment?
Myles has a hilarous sense of humor. He made so many jokes, its hard to pick out just one.
Emily

One year in, one year to go!

I have been teaching in Poland through English Wizards's Freelance Teaching program for just about one year. I moved to Krakow about a month before the pandemic hit Europe, so it has been an interesting year to say the least. I have, however, been extremely pleased with the service and support that English Wizards offers. They help with all the logistical challenges involved with moving to a new country, and they are helpful and communicative if issues arrive. Krakow is an amazing place to live. I taught abroad in Madrid before Poland and I love the flexibility that I have working with English Wizards, compared to my experience in the Auxiliares program. I would highly recommend English Wizards!

Read my full story
myles

Internship - Awesome

I've really enjoyed my time out here.

I really wanted to explore and get to know Poland a bit more.

I've enjoyed my time socializing with other teachers but I've also enjoyed meeting locals and making local friends.

English Wizards have always been able to support me, if I had a question it was answered and if I needed help it was always offered.

The internship was intense but I had such a good time with my fellow teachers doing it. We all had a sense of comradery among us. Between learning new skills and practicing on real-life students, we socialized and saw the sites.

I'm now living in the heart of Krakow, my room is small and I work a lot but I expected this.

I wanted to come to Europe, I wanted to work as a teacher and I wanted to meet new people. I've done all of that and more.

So I recommend the program if you fancy something different than the standard 9-5.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
I like to be independent so there was a lot that was nerve-racking.

Quitting my job in the UK and coming out to Poland was nerve-racking!

Doing things like finding a place where I wanted was nerve-racking, but a bit of hard work and a bit of common sense, and everything was fine.

I also kept saying "Dziękuję Ci" to say hello.....it actually means thank you.
Candice

EW made my dream to live and work in Europe come true

Working and living in Europe has always been a dream of mine. Being a South African, it’s rather challenging to find work in an EU country. English Wizards made my dream a reality. I am part of their freelance program and it was one of the best things to happen to me during 2020. The interview process was easy though very thorough, they took care of my work permit application and they provided me with guidance with my visa application and getting to Poland. I like the fact that the Wizards have such a vast range of teaching jobs to choose from and the application process is seamless. Through their communication channel, we are kept up to date with any relevant information we need. Their team namely Nick, Ricky and Karolina are absolute stars to work with. I highly recommend English Wizards if you would like to enhance your adventures by teaching English in Poland.

The orientation is very helpful however I did not find it beneficial as I was already in Poland for a month before attending the orientation. Personally if the orientation was done online before I arrived in Poland, it would have been more helpful. With regards to logging hours and submitting the authentic materials, a video on how to do this would be much more helpful.
Jessica

Best way to live in Europe!

I taught as a Language Assistant in Warsaw, Poland for 6 months. It was a simple and easy way to be able to live in Europe. Poland, in general, is beautiful with loads of history but a fraction of the cost of other Euro countries. The school I worked for was what in the U.S. we would consider a daycare center. It was for kids under the age of 3 and I was a teacher in the classroom for 1-1.5 year olds. I loved it and loved the kids. It was easy to put in your 4 hours a day and get the rest of the day for whatever you wanted. Poland is a hidden gem of a country and should be on every person's short list of places to visit!

The welcoming could use some work. We were met briefly on day one, but then left to find our new apartment on our own, in a new city with no internet. It was a stressful start to an otherwise enjoyable working relationship.
JOSEPH

A few months -not long enough

I taught for a few months in the lovely city of Wroclaw, Poland as a Language Assistant. The city and the English Wizard Program was very enjoyable and fulfilling. As an African-American I was nervous about safety, but after a few days of adjusting I started to travel alone and made some friends. A great experience for anyone who likes to teach and wants to explore central Europe. There's a lot of history, food, and vodka to discover in Poland. The program staff was very helpful and professional. I hope to return to the program or country one day in the future. Poland was a lot to see for people who enjoy taking photographs as well. If you are thinking about coming to Europe Poland is located in a great spot. Many European countries can be reached within a 3 hour or less plane flight!

Having a flight benefit would be nice for this program as many Asian agencies offer that.