Great Positions with Public and Private Schools in Korea!

Great Positions with Public and Private Schools in Korea!

By Reach to Teach Reviewer Verified Badge   Reviews (56)   93% Rating

Reach To Teach has over 40 years of ESL teaching and recruitment experience with offices in the South Korea, USA, and Taiwan. We understand the business and care about our teachers. The schools and programs we represent are among the best in the business. We provide our teachers with an upfront and honest perspective, because were all teachers at one time as well. We will prepare you to live and work abroad for a year, while always offering support as well.

Reach To Teach the only American official recruiter for the EPIK & SMOE program. The EPIK & SMOE programs in Korea offer a unique experience to gain valuable ESL teaching experience in public schools with start dates in August and February.

We also work with a number of private schools from Seoul to Busan and everywhere in between. We have private schools openings every month, so it's always a good time to apply!

Asia » South Korea » Seoul
• Medical insurance and pension
• Airfare Reimbursement
• Paid vacation
• Severance Pay
• Settlement allowance (EPIK & SMOE)

Positions with EPIK are located all throughout Korea!

Hi Kayla, It looks like EPIK requires a 20-hour in-class TEFL component along with a 100-hour TEFL certification.
Thank you Tyson, you've provided a great insight on what's available and possible!!

• Benefits
  • Facilities

Stephanie
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
University of Wisconsin- Madison

Great for newbies

For anyone looking to get involved in the 'teaching abroad' community this is a great company to go with. They help you with different options available (both between countries and within) and help with the app process along the way. They can be as involved as you want them to be as they are always available, but not overly pushy with information. Their services are free (seems too good to be true) and someone is always around to answer your questions. There is not much they do after your placement but they are there should you have questions. Just the right amount of help for me, personally.

Probably have more access to alumni that have completed the program should new applicants have more specific questions.

Joe
Burlington, Vermont
Saint Michael's College

You NEED them

Applying to EPIK is a long and difficult process, filled with government paperwork, applications, interviews and official documents. It would be extremely difficult to pull off this big of a move on your own. With the help of Reach to Teach, I was able to secure an EPIK teaching position in Daegu, South Korea. John at Reach to Teach is very helpful and is available to answer all your questions. Without a doubt, you will have a variety of emotions while applying to teach abroad. It is important to have an organization that you can count on to help you trough it all. Reach to Teach is that organization.

Best of luck!

Betsy
Atlanta, GA
University of Pittsburgh

Couldn't Have Done It Without Them!

The help and guidance I received from Reach To Teach was invaluable for my application process with EPIK. John walked me through the application and helped me dot my i's and cross my t's. He even found a work around for an FBI criminal background check when the government shut down for two weeks. He truly helped make the whole process seamless and was there every step of the way. The communication was frequent, and he always responded when I had questions. Top notch service from Reach To Teach!

When I received a call from my recruiter to let me know I got the position, that was one of the last things mentioned on the call. It would've been nice for the conversation to start with that news. I know that's a nitpicky comment...but that's the only critical feedback I have!

Maddie
Crystal Lake, Illinois
Illinois State University

Reach to Teach Team

I enjoyed working with Reach to Teach directly to secure a teaching position with EPIK. The team is small and I felt that everything I had to do during the process was very personal and professional.

For urgent questions contacting my recruiter by phone was not possible. Your recruiter can only contact you via phone, you can contact them through email during the work week.

Response from Reach to Teach

Hi Maddie,

Thanks for your comments on our program. We fixed the issue regarding direct phone numbers for our recruiters. Now all of our recruiters have a direct numbers that applicants can call.

Again that you for bringing this issue to our attention.

John Kellenberger

Brian
Nyack, NY
University at Buffalo- SUNY

Reach to Teach

John Kellenberger is great and goes beyond to help support and to prepare for the journey. E-mail response was quick and calls were made through each big step in the process. Reach to Teach is recommended to anyone who has a desire to teach and experience new culture.

Tyson
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Slippery Rock University

Quality Help for a Difficult Process (Reach to Teach EPIK)

The very first thing a prospective teacher should understand before going for EPIK is how time consuming and confusing the process applying for it can really be. As a first time teacher moving thousands of miles from his original home I looked into going through the process by myself but being a busy person on top of cautious I opted for a recruiter. I spent months searching on sites like Dave's ESL cafe and numerous other message boards hunting for a reputable one. Ultimately, when I decided I wanted to go with EPIK I chose Reach to Teach.

Quite literally a minute after I had sent my application/resume to Reach to Teach I was contacted by John Kellenberger (the recruiter I worked with) and he helped me get organized for the beginning of things like getting my fingerprints for an FBI background check, getting that apostilled, getting my degree apostilled and so forth. As I said, all this is super time consuming and he wasted no time in letting me know that while I had got a later start getting ready for the application process that we would get there and even gave me a mock interview to help prepare for the kind's of questions I would receive from the EPIK interviewer. It turned out that the mock interview was even more thorough than the actual one but I couldn't have been more grateful.

After my successful interview the waiting for the confirmation I had received a place was absolutely nerve destroying but John was there almost immediately to answer any questions I had and ease the anxiety I was having. After receiving my placement John and Reach to Teach got me my NOA (Notice of Appointment) and contract to me in a speedy manner even after EPIK was behind on getting all the teachers their paperwork to receive our visas. John even had asked for copies for all the documents I had made/received from places to keep for me just in case, they even worked together with a travel agency to get me a proper ticket to Korea in time for everything EPIK had set up and a pre-arrival phone call to discuss any more questions I had before leaving as well as make sure I had the proper stuff to go through whatever was waiting for me in Korea.

I know I'm doing nothing but gushing about this recruiter but for what a recruiter (who doesn't take a dime from me for their services) like Reach to Teach and John Kellenberger did to make this process as painless and smooth as possible I could not be happier. I look forward to my teaching and am nowhere near as anxious thanks to the work they did, they even set us up with an arrival expert and offer events for the teachers involved while in country. What more could you ask for? If I decide to continue this career somewhere else I will most definitely be returning to Reach to Teach, no questions asked.

Not everyone wants/needs to use recruiters to do this but I assure you, for the EPIK process, John Kellenberger and Reach to Teach have one very satisfied client in me.

I think putting us in contact with the other teachers before going would be a good idea.

Derrick
Opelika, Alabama
Troy University

PROfessionalism at its finest!

From the feedback of my initial contact with them until today, Reach to Teach has shown exquisite professionalism. My recruiting agent, John Kellenberger (or, Mr. K, as I often like to refer to him), has been a guiding light throughout the process of what I must do, to what is to be expected of the program for which I was recruited. Communication is great. Whenever a problem arises, I receive a phone call or email; likewise, I am able to send an email to him; and everything has been handled in a timely manner. Mr.K and the Reach to Teach staff understands what lies before us, and how overwhelming it can be at times. I was provided with a very helpful mock interview to help prepare me for the actual event. Afterwards, I was provided with an excellent critique of pros and cons, which I took note of in order to work on improving areas that needed it, and continue to display areas of strength.I have already recommended them others who may have an interest in teaching abroad. They are easy to communicate with, and seem to provide open and honest feedback. What can beat that?

I would have to be very meticulous to point out any issues I had with Reach to Teach. They did such a fine job accentuating their finer qualities and being reachable. I can say that during the New Year ("Chinese New Year"), a couple email responses slowed as compared to the norm that I had grown accustomed to.

Michael
Moreno Valley, California
California State University- San Bernardino

Made me feel at ease

I liked how the company made communicating easy and clear. When ever I had a question they replied with a email or personally called me. Information about the hiring process from begging to end was very clear. I also liked that they gave me tips about making my move to Korea and lifestyle.

I didnt get my first choice in location and I wished I had a way to communicate with people who are going through the same process or people who have gone through the process.

Zachary
University of Texas- Dallas

Working with Reach to Teach

I can't imagine how I would have completed everything in time without RtT's help. John was an invaluable resource that answered every question I had, and even ones I hadn't thought of. I really can't imagine how I would have done this without them. The also pointed me towards The Arrive Store, which has also been an invaluable resource. The best part of working with John and Reach to Teach is that I was never taken care of or scammed; the only goal was to help me teach where I wanted to go.

Anahita
Gyeongsan, South Korea
Agnes Scott College

Great experience, great support

I've only been in Korea for three weeks now, but thus far have nothing but good things to say about EPIK and Reach to Teach. The application was complicated (not difficult, but complicated) and RTT was incredibly helpful with all of it. I love my school and the kids I teach, so this has been a great experience.

boundlessrogue
Chicago, IL
Drake University

Really on top of things

Everyone involved was very well informed and very on top of getting information for me, and letting me know what I needed to do. Reach to Teach did a stellar job assisting me through a very daunting application.

I felt slightly misled by my location assignment. I was told "Daegu" and I guess I technically am, but I was put out in the boondocks and am a 40 minute bus ride from they city. I will also have to change apartments by the end of the month, because the rent is going to be over the housing allowance.

mercedesgates
Edmonton Alberta Canada
University of Alberta

Wonderful Company with a Great Personality

My Journey to South Korea would not have been possible without the help and support of Reach To Teach. They offered personal and direct help with all my documents and application. The staff went above and beyond the call of duties for me. I would recommend anyone and everyone to Reach To Teach.

Stephanie
Montreal, Canada
Concordia University

My experience

Everybody was always available, extremely helpful and very friendly. Everything went smoothly.
The only difficulty I experienced was deadline dates in certain emails that were incorrect and caused extra spending. Notably for the CRC check. I had to get it done three times as the date kept changing.

Ensure that the deadline dates in emails are correct.

Megan
Akron, Ohio
Ohio State University

Reach to Teach is Awesome!

While I do not begin my South Korean journey until tomorrow, Reach to Teach has been by my side every step of the way leading up to this big day! The staff is responsive and efficient, and turns a truly overwhelming process into manageable chunks. I have nothing but positive things to say about my personal recruiter. I think it's safe to say that deciding to move abroad is a HUGE undertaking and I'm not sure if I could have done it without his guidance and expertise. Thank you, to my recruiter, and the entire staff of Reach to Teach!

I had a lot of "surprises" during the process. Things like not knowing that I wouldn't know which city I was placed in until after I applied (it's the opposite in the private school sector) and the fact that orientation is a week before the contract begins. These items may be commonly known by staff members, but to a newbie to the process losing a whole week before departure time is a HUGE deal. Because I am a planner by nature, and because there is a lot of information on the web that led me to believe otherwise, I had a lot of "freak out" moments before departure that could have been avoided with some critical knowledge about the entire process beforehand.

Julie
Hoquiam, WA

Smooth Process

RTT has helped me navigate the long application process to EPIK. I will list a few points to highlight how RTT has assisted me during this process:

*A practice interview with an RTT representative
*Constructive feedback on my application essay and lesson plan
*Regular contact via email and telephone

TV
Nashville, TN
California State University

Good experience

Good mock interview.

Liked to detailed emails of what paperwork to have done and when.

Good GET pamphlet. Helpful for the interview and the per-orientation test.

Liked that everything of mine was reviewed before getting sent to EPIK.

Only frustrating thing was the American government agencies. The FBI check took 12 weeks to come back and I wasn't sure it would come back in time. I am still waiting for the IRS form. They said it would be about a month. It has been a month and I called and they said they are behind and it may be processed at the end of the week, but they can't tell me if they received it or not. So I don't know if they haven't processed it because there was a problem with the fax or if it is just sitting on a desk waiting to be processed.

A reminder sooner about the IRS form.

Julia
Appleton, Wisconsin
University of Wisconsin- Madison

Strong Support

Joining this program I felt a strong sense of support from my recruiter and that by going to Korea with EPIK I would be looked after. Though the application process was long and complicated, I was glad that I was doing it with a program that could help me at any point.

Because of my schedule it was difficult to have a set time for phone calls and wasn't able to be around my phone all the time and ended up missing a lot of phone calls and would have preferred more e-mail communication.

Tami
Minneapolis, MN
University of Minnesota

Helpful & supportive

The Reach to Teach team was very helpful with my application and interview process as well as with preparing my documents after receiving my teaching contract with Korea. It was very helpful to be able to do a mock interview with a Reach to Teach member and receive immediate feedback on how I did and what to expect in the EPIK interview. I do wish that I could be provided with more details about what my teaching situation will be like before I actually arrive in Korea. Such as what grades and classes I will be teaching and knowing the name of my Korean co-teacher and contact information would have been really nice. I would have liked to be able to e-mail my Korean co-teacher before hand and get to know them a little before I arrive and it would have been nice to be able to start a little planning for the upcoming school year before I leave for Korea as well.

I wish I could start applying for and receiving documents sooner. I didn't have much time to apply for my E2-Visa, because I didn't receive my contract with the school until mid-July.

Jamie
Marietta, Georgia
Kennesaw State University

The Long Road to Korea

My experience in going through the EPIK application process was nerve wracking and made me feel accomplished at the same time. I would say that the most nerve wracking part was when I was waiting for my NOA and seeing other people get positions without word about if I got mine. Other than that, the process was smooth-going.

I wish Reach to Teach told me immediately when they found out my EPIK placement, instead of waiting until it was 100%.

adinard4
Hamilton, Ontario
McMaster University

Reach to Teach a step above

A big thank you to Reach to Teach! I have worked with a placement agency in the past and was satisfied with the experience, but Reach to Teach really did go a step above in helping me secure a teaching position and adjust to life in a new country. I found the Reach to Teach staff to be highly competent and knowledgeable, as well as personable. Their guidance and step by step instructions really did serve to simplify and streamline what can often be a complicated and daunting process. Again, a big thank you to the Director of Recruiting and the rest of the Reach to Teach team.

Difference of time zone can make for some inconvenience.

As any ESL Teacher can tell you, finding a good teaching job abroad can be difficult. Similarly, a lot of ESL schools feel that finding a good teacher is equally difficult. This is where we at Reach To Teach come in. Our motto is matching