TEFL Certification Programs and Teaching Jobs in Madrid, Spain

Classroom image
Classroom image

Canterbury TEFL Course 4 wk course with GUARANTEED TEACHING JOBS through our school. Work opportunities begin during the course!

Canterbury is one of longest running and most reputable TEFL programs in Spain. All graduates go on to teach for Canterbury Consulting Spain, our parent language school providing English language services in Madrid since 1994.

Canterbury Tefl offers exciting opportunities for English speaking people to teach English, while experiencing the thrill of living in Spain.
• Guaranteed lifetime job
• Accredited TEFL certificate
• Six month to One year Student visas for non EU residents
• Summer camp jobs

1,075 euros TEFL Course Price
- 280 euros Paid internship Teaching
= 795 euros Final price
Best quality/price ratio in Spain

We arrange housing, student visas, training and work.
We have our own facilities in Madrid and, with over 20 years of experience, we are experts in our field.

In the foothills of the Madrid mountains at Cei El Jarama, On the outskirts of the national park Montseny in Barcelona at La Granja In the Madrid mountains at Ideotur, San Mames. On the Benageber lake in Valencia at Centro de Vacaciones Benageber. This course is limited to 16 students. It includes a remunerated position during the month of July as an English Teacher at a summer camp in Spain.
  • Learn how to confidently teach English to businesses, adults, teenagers, and children!
  • Guaranteed, immediate work opportunities through our English academy!
  • Live in a vibrant, multi-cultural city with incredible history, architecture, food, nightlife, and people!
  • Options to participate in cultural activities, meet other expats, and even take Spanish lessons with us!

Programme discounts on TEFL training+Spanish classes, 6 month+1 year student visas

We are currently offering a limited promotional discount on our 6 month and 1 year programmes both of which
include student visas and housing options.

All EFL teachers that would like to join our teaching team must complete the Canterbury Tefl course due to specific teaching methodologies applied towards students studying at Canterbury Consulting Spain (parent company). If you already have a full EFL certificate taken through on site, live teaching classes, (we do not accept on line EFL certificates) then discounts may be applied.

• Benefits 7.5
  • Facilities 7
  • Instruction 9.7
  • Academic Rigor 8.8
  • Job Assistance 9.5
Rachel

TEFL Certification Program and Teaching Jobs

The program offered at Canterbury is absolutely great. The quality of the teaching and training are excellent. I learned many things about teaching that extends beyond the normal aspects. The most valuable lesson for me was learning about the culture and people of Spain which helped me understand how to teach effectively. I was offered classes shortly after the program and I have enjoyed teaching those classes. I have taught adults as well as children and they are friendly and willing to learn, which makes teaching a great experience.
The support given by everyone working there is invaluable so you can count on them even when you have completed the program. The students I met from the course who are from all over the world has made the experience exciting and I have made lasting friendships with my classmates. For me, the program was intense, fun and rewarding.

I would like to see more social events to encourage exchange of ideas, friendships and support for each other as students and teachers.
Emily

The Best Time of My Life

I arrived in Madrid in January of 2017. Twenty-three, fresh college graduate and no idea what I had just done. Surely, this had been a mistake. What was I thinking?
Fast forward one year later and I had just gone home to the United States for Christmas. It’s funny how I remember returning home as such a strange experience, when just one year before, the strange part had been arriving in Madrid.
I built a client base there and crafted a schedule that I truly enjoyed. I didn’t know a single thing about teaching, or evidently, even about the English language. Suffice it to say, the entire experience would have been impossible without Canterbury. The course, and the help they offer after the course, are both exceptional. I would have gotten nowhere without them, and largely because of them, I returned home at the end of my experience a far more capable person than the one who stepped off of that plane in January 2017.
There is not a shadow of a doubt that teaching English in Spain was the most rewarding experience of my life. Steve Jobs famously stated, “you can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future.”
Trust that a year from now, or even ten years from now, you’ll look back and the dots will connect. Despite the fear, the inexperience, the homesickness and the long days, teaching in Madrid was exactly where I was supposed to be.
And I am so much better for it.

Sophia

A Wonderful

I started with a dream of working and living in Madrid, Spain and I'm proud to say that Canterbury TEFL helped me achieve it. Moreover, I graduated with an internationally recognized TEFL certificate that I can use to work anywhere in the world.

Professor Dr. John Bouse does an excellent job at crafting memorable lessons, and there is a lot of hands on practice opportunities in class. I left feeling confident and prepared to teach the students that Canterbury set me up with upon course completion. The course is academically rigorous enough to integrate the studied material, but you will have plenty of time to enjoy Madrid.

Of course, this decision requires diligence, perserverence and a thirst for adventure. If you are ready to discover a new culture and try a new profession, then I would recccomend Canterbury as the community to support you along the way.

Thank you all for a phenomenal experience!

Some of the materials could be re-recorded and updated/modernized.
Katherine

Review

Canterbury offers a well-rounded program for all seeking a TEFL to teach English as a foreign language. Canterbury Madrid provides a learning environment that adapts to all needs. Classes give good insight too what it is like to teach in Spain preparing the students well.

I chose TEFL Madrid because it was the most well-rounded program that fit all my needs. I chose to complete a TEFL certificate because I was moving to Europe and wanted to have a certified way of employment. Even though Canterbury is more focused on preparing its students for teaching in Spain, the program is still one of the best I have seen around the EU.

The program is well worth the time, effort, and money since the staff work with you to help you find job placements throughout Madrid. They have something for everyone and will even help you with job recommendations if you plan to leave Spain and teach elsewhere.

I was employed straight after my time with Canterbury in Spain working in summer camps and then finally when I moved to Austria I was employed at a private kindergarten. I work when I need to and thoroughly appreciate the skills I learned with Canterbury's program.

I would recommend this program to anyone and to contact James for more information.

Cheers!
Katie

Edna Anyijap

Excellent Learning Value

In search of a career change, teaching English seem to be what would fit in naturally with me, but I didn't know how to go about it. Luckily I found the Canterbury TEFL Program online and I went on to register with them.
Our classes were quite intensive but our teacher, John, made them quite interesting and the learning value was quite evident. Prepare to focus totally on this course while you are at it. it lasts only a month, but you will be in class, studying at home or working on assignments, research papers and reports daily during this period.
When the course was over, the academy made sure to place us with clients, hence the anxiety of finding a job in a foreign land was taken care of. I enjoyed every single aspect of this course and I am happy to say that I am now a certified EFL teacher, working and living in Madrid!
John is officially my best teacher ever, he is truly the best at what he does!

Victoria

Being a student a Canterbury was the experience of a lifetime :-)

The content, instructional methods, and assignments were rigorous, engaging, and worth the investment of time and money. The instructors and School Director are extremely knowledgeable, professional, helpful, and deliver honest and constructive feedback on assignments submitted and on demo lessons taught by TEFL candidates. I really bonded with my peers as well. It was fun and refreshing to learn with peers from around the world, and to improve my Spanish-speaking skills.

If you do the TEFL course in June, you are GUARANTEED a full-time EFL teaching position at a summer camp for the months of July and August. A pretty good deal!

In addition, I find Madrid to be a surprisingly affordable city to to live in, eat in, and travel around using public transportation. The school is in walking distance of various train stations and restaurants, and is located in a safe neighborhood.

I have already recommended this program to those who are serious about getting their TEFL certificate so they can teach English abroad. It was my first time living abroad, and I wouldn't trade this experience for anything in the world.

A SMART Board in the classroom would be nice, more computers in the study hall, and computers and printers that are modern.
Mark

A good option if you are trying to get a vivisa

I actually went through a different TEFL course last year in Madrid which was run less than professionally. I achieved top marks and qualified for employment with them and it was only then that they reversed themselves and told me they did not know how to help me get a visa to stay in Spain as a non-EU national. I therefore had to return to the US after three months and start all over again.

Canterbury was very helpful in this regard. But be advised that the smart way to get a visa is before you come to Spain in the first place. Sign up with Canterbury and they can help you while you are still in your home country.

The TEFL course itself, taught by John Bouse, was very professional and obviously is the product of many years of careful and caring teaching. He kept the material interesting and created an atmosphere in which our group bonded quickly.

Highly recommended.

Maria

Mature Local Madrid Resident

I decided to have a career change and become a Business English Coach. Through a personal acquaintance of mine, I "landed" in the Canterbury TEFL course taught by John Bouse.

I have not had formal training in years and I truly enjoyed the course. John is an amazing teacher. He makes you feel teaching is so important and fun and helps you with thousands of personal anecdotes and examples.

The course is very well structured and dynamic. You never get bored and there is plenty of hands-on experience!!! John is very experience albeit creative in his approach. For example, he made us endure two 30 minutes lessons in Tagalog (native language spoken in the Philippines) so that we could put ourselves in the shoes of beginners. What an incredible thought and it worked!

I highly recommend the Canterbury TEFL course because of its teacher. John is an inspiring character.

The premises and equipment was a bit tired. New furniture and more up to date equipment will make the experience more comfortable.

Location:
68 F / 37 F
Airports:
Adolfo Suárez Madrid–Barajas
( MAD )

If you are looking to travel affordably, eat tapas daily, and see Egyptian temples; Madrid will give you all of that and more. In keeping with most Spanish cities, they have a great nightlife and food. Madrid is unique in that it tailors to a more budget friendly crowd, many of the fan favorite places to visit are free like the Parque del Buen Retiro.

About Canterbury TEFL

Canterbury is one of longest running and most reputable TEFL programs in Spain with Canterbury Consulting Spain, the parent language school, providing English language services in Madrid since 1994. We are actively involved in education through the...