TtMadrid TEFL Certification Course in the Center of Madrid

TtMadrid TEFL Certification Course in the Center of Madrid

TtMadrid is an internationally accredited 4-week TEFL certification course in the center of Madrid. ​TtMadrid offers great TEFL courses to both EU and non-EU students, which includes a one-year visa for those without an EU passport. We will equip you with the skills to teach business and general English, grammar, and phonetics in a group, one-to-one or telephone class setting.

TtMadrid takes care of organizing accommodation, bank accounts, mobile phones, legal paperwork, plus much more. TtMadrid also organizes all sorts of cultural immersion and social events to make you part of the TtMadrid community. And even more importantly, the program has a 100% successful job placement rate!

Europe » Spain » Madrid
Europe » Spain
Salary / Benefits
Most teachers work between 20 to 25 hours per week (Monday to Thursday). On average you should expect to be paid between 15-20 euros per hour with a TEFL Certificate qualification.

I would recommend Sal y Ven as recommended by TtMadrid for the time being while you're doing the course. Once you've completed the course, you can look for another place depending on your work location. That time I shared the apartment with two flatmates (who were also doing the course as well). The apartment was fully furnished and equipped (TV, internet access, washing machine and etc). 5-minute...

• Benefits
  • Facilities
  • Instruction

Amanda

The best TEFL school out there!!!!

After graduating from my university and having no idea what to do career wise, I was dying to figure out a way to move back to Spain as I completely fell in love with the people and culture while studying abroad here years ago. After countless hours of research of what I could possibly do in Madrid, I was ultimately recommended TtMadrid by a friend of a friend as a way to be an English as a foreign language teacher here in Spain. She had the nicest things to say about how amazing of a program the TEFL course was at this school so I thought, ¨Hey, what have I got to lose?!¨ So I packed my bags and moved to Spain and I never looked back. Right from the beginning I was put in contact with Helen, who helped me with everything and was there to answer all my endless questions about the program, where to live, and even how to open my own bank account. Out of all the TEFL programs out there, I can honestly say that nobody does it better than TtMadrid! The month-long course was completely hands-on with countless support from their incredible staff. I would have never felt fully confident in myself teaching out in the world if it weren´t for this program. The super approachable teachers are there to make sure that you feel comfortable and don´t let you leave until you do. You get personalized feedback after every practice class you give, down to the last detail. They set you up for success so you feel ready to be the very best English teacher you can be once you graduate from the course. Even since I graduated from the course almost 2 years ago, I still go back to the school daily just to chat it up with staff there. I feel thankful for my TtMadrid family!!! Thank you for everything!

Lucy

THANKYOU

Well. To say I was not hugely excited about doing a TEFL course was probably fair. I was doing it as a means to move to Madrid and finally, eventually, hopefully learn Spanish and probably, I'd imagined, marry Cristiano Ronaldo someday! But oh how that changed once I had my first day at TT Madrid. Laura, Monica, Valentina, Steve, Tash et al made the experience so much fun! Their approach was to help us learn by recognising that we were probably going to do that best if we were having a laugh as well and I had a lot of laughs, giggling like a teenage boy (I'm a 32 yr old woman) at the back of the class.
There was a huge emphasis on support; supporting each other as students, staff supporting the students, generally everyone supporting each other. Not just with the course, which was important, but with the transition of moving to a brand new country, which I hadn't anticipated would involve as much as it did. But this was made a lot easier by the TT Madrid team who supported us all, every step of the way.
Being a slightly more (ahem) mature student I was seeing the move to Spain as a long term gig and so it was really important for me to get a good job early on. Alas, by week two of the course I already had a permanent job, 25hours a week, with some really great people and all thanks to TT Madrid setting me up with a past pupil of theirs. THANKYOU.

Since finishing the course I am certain of several things:
-I could return to TT Madrid at any point and be warmly received and ask for help.
-Teaching is brilliant! You meet so many great people and Spanish people are FUN!
-I definitely chose the right course and it was a bargain for the ongoing support you get.
-It is seeming less likely that I will marry Cristiano Ronaldo.

My only regret is I wish I would have done it sooner.

Perhaps a few more computers

Catherine
Santa Clara, California
Santa Clara University

TtMadrid: Why you WANT to do it...

Teaching English abroad was nothing I ever imagined myself doing... I received a call one day from my best friend asking if I wanted to move to Spain for a year. As an upcoming graduate, I thought I had life planned out: a big girl job in the city; a big girl apartment; a big girl life. Moving across the world just wasn't a part of the plan. And besides, I had ZERO teaching experience! My friend, who graduated with a Liberal Arts degree and received her teaching credential, never had the opportunity to study abroad and was looking for an adventure. Her two cousins completed the Tt program one year prior, and were attempting everything in their power to encourage her to join them. That's when she called me. They, like me, had no previous teaching experience, and assured us that previous experience was not necessary - that Tt gave you all the tools you needed... and they were right!

The instructors made us feel so comfortable, and made me feel confident in my new-found teaching abilities. Since graduating, I have had the opportunity to work for the Spanish Army, the Spanish Senate, and now I work for the Department of Education of Madrid as a Language Assistant Coordinator. In that time, too, I have been able to travel to so many new and wonderful places. Aside from exploring Spain, we have traveled to Portugal, Italy, France, Germany, and even Morocco! The opportunities you gain from doing a program like TtMadrid are endless. And thanks to these experiences, I am looking forward to returning to the United States in the fall and entering a job-field that I did not imagine myself to be a part of - education.

Without a doubt, the most frightening thing about moving abroad is the idea of feeling lost and alone. TtMadrid makes all those fears go away. The friendships you make last throughout your time here, as you realize right away that you are not alone: most everyone there has taken the same plunge as you. And even a few members of the Tt staff were once in our place... They assist with finding housing, setting up a bank account, obtaining residency, FINDING JOBS, and every other kind of support you could possibly need.

The best advice I could give a prospective student: just take the plunge. Take the course. Travel the world. Live your best life abroad. You will be so glad you did.

Andrew
University of Texas- Austin

TtMadrid provides the support you need to make the move to Spain.

It is a big decision for many to make the move to Spain. There are lots of questions to be answered and the Tt Staff is there from Day 1 to provide the support you need to ease you nerves and make the leap. They not only provide a great training program for learning how to teach, but also advice on housing, phones, food, the night life and they even go as far as to set up your bank account. The most impressive of all the services, however, is the job placement. Tt is so respected by many teaching agencies that they don't even hire teachers from anywhere else. Personally, I had job offers before I even finished the course and had to turn down more jobs than I was able to accept. Unlike many other courses, the training and support don't stop when you finish the course. They help with all the paperwork for Visas and other legal documents as well as ongoing teacher workshops and monthly parties to meet new students going through the program. Don't worry if you don't know Spanish they also have an amazing Spanish school, LAE so you can take some courses that work around your busy teaching schedule.

The most stressful part of the program is the group project, mostly because it requires a lot of coordination between team members from varying backgrounds and students that sometimes struggle with punctuality. Though an invaluable working experience, I would prefer that it be an individual project in order to learn more and increase flexibility with scheduling.

Mark
Madrid
University of Hull

Tt Madrid TEFL Certificate Course -WOW

The TT Madrid course is an amazing opportunity and experience, I would urge anyone to grab it with both hands and go for it!! My course was the intensive four week course, it was super intensive as the title suggests but also thoroughly enjoyable. If you put in the hard work then you will get the rewards. The classes are varied. informative and fun! The teachers are the most helpful, each with thier own styles. My group was amazing, just ten of us, a good number for group activities and pair work. Everyone in the class had the chance to participate, and to learn. The school has great classrooms, amazing resources and is in a great location.

Do it!! Do it! You will not regret it!!

sasha
Georgetown University

A great start to a great career!

As an individual looking to start on a new career path, I wanted to equip myself with the tools before jumping into the deep end. At TtMadrid, you are gently submerged and helped along throughout the course.
Although the course is challenging and demands much of your time, the trainees at TtMadrid are constantly by your side whether you need help with a specific concept or just looking for a hug. The inputs are clear and concise and taught in a way that helps you understand and is adapted to your own learning style. The support that is available from the trainers is amazing.
In terms of the course itself, is definitely is challenging, but by understanding that before beginning, it is manageable. The teaching practice and lesson planning inputs help you understand the practicality of teaching and equips you to go out into the real world.
Once in the real world, TtMadrid is still by your side as they are still available for support and aid you in getting employment.
Overall, I would most definitely recommend TtMadrid (I already have) and encourage others to properly equip themselves for the exciting and vibrant world of teaching.

TtMadrid only has one input on teaching business oriented classes, I would have liked to see more inputs specifically focused on this.

Alison
Sabah, Malaysia.
Auckland University of Technology

I came out from my shell.

As the title suggested. Met awesome people, survived the intensive course and learnt more about the teaching world of TEFL at TtMadrid had been an epic journey for me. Previously I worked as a part-time teaching assistant and I quickly realized that I have a passion for teaching. Visiting Spain was on my bucket list. So getting my TEFL cert. in Spain was the ideal trip for me.

My first impression about TtMadrid is that the staffs are very knowledgeable, professional and super friendly. You feel as though you won't be left out, and that is the feeling and support you will get throughout the entire course.

They are also clear about what you need to do before you enter Spain to attend your course. This was important especially for non-EU passport holder like myself. TtMadrid will guide you step-by-step and make sure you have everything sorted out. This varied across different countries, but I was only allowed to enter Europe on a tourist visa. Despite this, TtMadrid was willing to accept me into the program. So I give my props to TtMadrid for being open to challenge and giving me the opportunity to be a qualified TEFL teacher.

The course was intensive but trust me, it is rewarding once you completed the course. I am a multilingual speaker; I knew that I am bound to struggle especially with grammar and phonetics. In the end, I made it through, thanks to the support from the staffs and also my fellow classmates. The staffs are experienced teachers, their personal teaching experiences will benefit you in many great ways. Also in giving you a rough idea what you'll be dealing with in the future.

As for the job placement in Spain, TtMadrid will assist you from writing and preparing your resume to sorting out the overwhelming all-in-Spanish legal paperwork. After the course, I still kept in touch with TtMadrid, whether it's a friendly catch-up email or seeking for advices, they are there for you.

So whether you plan to be in Spain for short or long-term goals; if you're up for an adventure to teach and live in Spain, TtMadrid is the place to go!

Maybe add few more lessons about business English and teaching children. The visit to the kindergarten school was very beneficial. It allowed me to observed the teacher and experienced what is it like to teach children.

Vipin
Madrid
University of Birmingham

Friendly, professional and supportive!

Teaching English and moving abroad can be a daunting prospect, and I'm glad that TtMadrid helped me in both of these aspects.

From the outset, they were keen to learn more about my motivations for moving to Madrid and teaching English. I found this to be a nice touch - they really make sure they attract suitable candidates who are enthusiastic about teaching. If you have any doubts, or big or small questions, they are more than happy to answer them objectively.

Throughout the course, I found the staff to be highly supportive and knowledgeable about the TEFL world. They are highly-experienced in the industry and are committed to passing on their tips from the trade. The course was tough for me as I was slower with the grammar lessons, but the staff never made me feel insecure about this and ensured that I was prepared for teaching it. Their feedback after observing your teaching sessions is incredibly comprehensive and tailored, and an invaluable opportunity to sharpen your teaching skills.

After the TEFL ended, the careers help has been first-rate. I learned how to produce an excellent CV, look for the right type of agent/vacancy and feel confidently-prepared for interviews.

TtMadrid continue to advise and suppport you with any queries (careers or otherwise) after you graduate, so there's no reason to feel overwhelmed in Madrid!

I wouldn't change a thing as corny as it might seem. I found the course to be intensive, but this is the TEFL and you just have to bite the bullet and put in hard work. TtMadrid try to make that process as easy as possible.

Hope
Colorado State University

Best decision I have made in a long time

I couldn't have made a better decision than to move to Madrid to live and teach English and TtMadrid really helped me make it all possible. Without them I would have had no idea where to begin my teaching journey. They are so very helpful from giving visa help to moral support to helping you find jobs and anything else you might need. I will admit that the course itself is not the most pleasant experience. It is long hours and a lot of work, but once you are finished with it, it really pays off. I recommend TtMadrid to anyone who is considering moving abroad to teach English.

I would find a way to make the actual program a little more stress-less. Maybe offer the possibility of taking it in 6 weeks instead of 4 (I know this is easier said than done). Also, there really needs to be a focus on teaching children. We covered this in maybe less than one day and when I got into an actual classroom to teach children I was totally lost!

Rebecca
Michigan
Andrews University

Look no further!

My experience at TtMadrid has been absolutely incredible. I expected a good program, but the friendliness, energy and support of the staff during the course was more than I could ask for. I should back up though! I had my questions and concerns addressed before I even arrived in Spain and was connected, by the school, with other TtMadrid graduates who gave me inside,"off the record" information. I left a great career in nursing seeking an opportunity to travel, teach and live abroad. I have made lifelong friends, and have met absolutely amazing people from all over the world. Living in Spain has been the most mind opening and fun experience of my life! I'm not sure how I would have managed without the insight and resources that TtMadrid provides. I highly, highly recommend the program!

The agency connected with the school for housing was convenient yes, but way too expensive.

TtMadrid is an internationally accredited intensive 4 week course located in the heart of Madrid. ​TtMadrid offers great TEFL courses to both EU and non-EU students, including getting a one-year visa for those without an EU passport. We will equip you with the skills to