TEFL Course in Madrid. 100 % Interviews and Job Placement Facilitation Guaranteed!

TEFL Madrid Facilities
TEFL Madrid Academy is strategically located in the heart of Madrid, Spain, with easy access to the major attractions such as the Prado Museum, Retiro Park, the Royal Palace and the city's shopping and business areas. Well communicated and surrounded by the main businesses and large corporations, once you graduate you will be ready to teach. We welcome you to have a virtual tour of our facilities. Following the course, all graduates of our TEFL course will continue to have our full support and access to the facilities and teacher tools at the school.

Guaranteed job interviews in Madrid
We collaborate with an English teacher recruitment agency. This agency works to find all types of teaching positions.

Should you need any further information about TEFL in Spain, check out our website!

• Help Organizing accommodation in Madrid
  • Our premium CV/resume service that connects you with over 300 agencies
  • Ongoing Professional Development Training (NLP, Accelerated Learning, Coaching Techniques and more)
  • 1 year access to the Cultural Immersion Programme (activities such as: City tours, museums, hiking trips...)
  • 100 % Job interviews and job facilitation

• Instruction 10
  • Academic Rigor 10
  • Job Assistance 10
Adam

Teaching English Abroad, Spain.

After I graduated from University in Kansas, I came out to Europe, and travelled for a bit. I was pretty much taken in by the culture, and the architecture (which is what I went to school for). I wanted to make a bit of a transition in my career by working on projects in Europe. Before I pursued that career, I wanted to take a bit of a detour, so friends recommended that I teach English. I thought that this was a pretty good idea, and I wanted to make a bit of money while I was looking for the right opportunity. I saw that Teaching English in Spain was very likely the best option as that was the country that needed the most teachers. The people at TE Madrid explained that because I had experience in a professional field that I would be able to find private students in the business world, and that they would help me find a job upon completing a TEFL Certification in Madrid. Their academy was located near several Universities, so looking for students would be easier. Okay, so I had the plan, I knew where I was going, and I pretty much put down my deposit for the TEFL Course that they offered at their academy, and I was off before I knew it. When I started, I wasn’t surprised to see that I was in a room with other people in my position. Some were teachers, nurses, business professionals, and they were all making some kind of change by moving to Europe. I was pretty glad that I wasn’t alone in all this. It would be pretty isolating if I was a professional in a class filled with only party-goers and travellers. The teacher was also very friendly, too. He has lived in Madrid for a couple of years, and was happy to show me the ropes. We went out on the weekends as a way of not only taking in the vibe of the city, but also to make the learning a bit more personal than it would be in other situations, and I kind of like having a beer with the instructor (His name was Jordan, if I remember correctly). Things were pretty close to each other, and while I was doing the course, I also made sure to put some feelers out there with my professional services related to Architecture. Before I knew it, the course was finished, I had a couple of hours of teaching practice, and I was ready for the next step. I wanted to focus on working with other professionals to network and market myself. It wasn’t difficult to find professional students, especially when they either, all need to speak English at work, or that they want to study or work in the United States. I was able to help them out by being a bridge of sorts. When I finished my course, the administrative staff helped me organize my residency appointments. In terms of finding work, I was already doing that, but they were happy to send my resume out. I guess because I was being proactive, I didn’t necessarily need too much help in that department. I ended up with more than I expected. I taught English for a few months before I found another job, and I also held on to a couple of my students as professional contacts. Teaching English in Spain was an unexpected opportunity, and I’m glad that TE Madrid helped me out. I’m pretty sure I’m not alone when I say that moving overseas is a difficult move, so I’m glad that I had the help that I needed to make the move possible.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
Sunsets in Madrid, having tapas with new friends and the whole atmosphere and nightlife of Madrid.
Jessica

The academy was so helpful when it came to finding a job

I’m pretty lucky. My mother is from England, so I grew up learning English and Spanish at home. I can also speak with an English accent. I know that’s what most people want here in Spain. They want Native English Speakers, and for the most part, they want them to come from the United Kingdom. I just finished my Bachelor’s Degree in Madrid, when was going to look into Master’s programs, when I thought about doing a bit of work on the side to make a bit of extra money. Going to school can definitely be expensive, and you still have expenses to think about. I was on my way out of ICADE, a business school in Madrid when I saw the TEFL Madrid Academy across the street. I figured if I already spoke English, it might be a good idea to do a bit of English teaching while I study. When I walked into the academy, they were very happy to answer all of my questions. They kept the classes small (no more than five students per class, per month), and they were able to get me into a class over the summer. It cut into my vacation plans, but I would still have a lot of time to go to the beach afterwards. When I started my class, I met a couple of people from several places around the world. People were pretty shocked when they found out that I was Spanish, and not English. Still, they went into the technics of the English language, and we were doing Teacher Practice Sessions within a week. I thought it was very good because they get you doing everything that you need to do like managing a classroom, tailoring each class so that it helps people of all levels, eliciting answers from students, and concept-checking questions. Because I was born in Sevilla, I didn’t have to worry about getting registered, or getting on the padron. I already knew how it worked. In fact, I was even happy to help some of the other students familiarize themselves with how to get the residency, but I also like that the people at TE Madrid did the same thing, as well. I’m pretty sure that I would have to go through so many legal and logistic hurdles. I really liked how the staff at the TEFL Academy did their part to help some of the other students get registered and legal when it came to finding jobs and apartments. I was thinking about moving to the area, and accepting a Master’s Program at ICADE across the street. The academy was also helpful when it came to finding a job. Now, I’m pretty sure I could’ve found a job on my own, but what could I say? The people at TE Madrid did a little bit more to help their students, and I really thought that was good. After I got my TEFL Certification, I focused on finding students from the University I was attending. I told TE Madrid that I would probably look for students coming from these schools if they needed assistance. So, they even helped familiarize me with some of the exams that they prepare students for, and gave me a couple of students who were unable to physically make it into the classroom. I’m very lucky to be able to work in the area, study for my Master’s Degree, and help other students who are trying to find opportunities themselves is great. I was particularly happy that TE Madrid basically welcomed me into their family, and helped me set myself as a Private English Tutor while I continue to study across the street.

Be ready to study hard and be ready. Before you graduate, you start getting job interviews and job opportunities.
Ryan

Housing, job placement and everything you can wish.

I was talking to a couple of people from Spain through a few online communities, and I was curious about going out there for the first time. There was a lot happening out there, and I asked myself how I could stay out there while these things were going on? I’m always keen on learning how to do certain things like travelling and hiking and surfing, so I naturally looked into it. My friends in Madrid told me that there was always a need for English Teachers in Spain, so he put me through to an academy that provides TEFL Certification that I could use when looking for a job. I know it’s not my actual desired job, but they helped me find something in the meantime, and it helped move things along. Now that I think about it, I was pretty excited about the idea of being in Spain, and I like that I was able to have a part of my career in this country. It’s fun country to be in, and fun to go around. When I got in, and started my course, I was pretty surprised to find out that I would be teaching within a week. That got me going, at least for the first few days. When I was hanging out with the group of other would-be teachers, we got to know each other to the point where presenting in front of each other was a lot easier than we thought it would be. Before I knew it, I had about six hours of teaching practice before the four-week program was finished. We learned more about the English language, we learned how it worked, and we had fun. I’m not one of these people who would want to continue a course unless I like it. It’s one of the reasons that I normally work in Web Development. It may not be a career that most people would want to pursue unless you like working in front of a computer screen. With teaching, if you have a problem standing in front of a group of people, and present, you may have a problem doing this job. At least, at first. The instructor that was teaching the course was a lot of fun to be around. He had music playing, we cracked jokes, we relaxed a bit more than I expected. We still had a lot of homework to do, but creating that fun environment was necessary, at least in my opinion. Of course, there was one other thing that I thought was great. The administrative staff did a lot to helping me get settled in Spain. They helped me with the Visa Process, and I don’t think I need to say how complicated it could be, so getting that helping hand in that area was unbelievably helpful. I’m not sure that there was much that TE Madrid didn’t do to help me getting my residency card. I wasn’t looking forward to figuring the whole thing out on my own, so I was pretty happy that that was one less thing in the list of things that I had to do. I simply had to focus on getting through the course, and then finding a job immediately afterwards. Everything from getting into the country, to doing the course, to preparing my documents for my residency card, and then getting a job afterwards – All of it was very easy, and I absolutely appreciate all the effort that the people at TE Madrid put in to help me make the move to Spain to become an English Teacher. I recommend them to everyone who’s interested in doing it themselves.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I wouldn't change anything, this TEFL program is perfect as it is.
Hannah

TE Madrid is like family

I always wanted to come back to Spain. My parents are from Valladolid, so I wanted to take this opportunity after I finished university in Vancouver to really experience life in my parent’s country (which of course, is also my country). When I showed them the Spanish Passport, they put me in touch with the right offices that would help me process my application for residency. I made sure that I did all of that before I started the course. I was probably in the country a good six weeks before the course started, and I made sure that I had all of my identification documents and passports in line so that I wouldn’t have to worry about everything. I don’t think I need to say that I became pretty popular when I started taking my course. Being able to speak Spanish and English at a native level is a very important thing, and I was hoping to be able to make both languages an effective career path, as I want to work in translating. When the course started, I was pretty happy that the course was fun and interactive, and gave me a lot of good practice with Spanish speakers. I don’t think that I need to tell you that once the class was over, they started speaking to me in Spanish. Again, this is why I became pretty popular when I went over there. It’s not common that a student is able to speak to their English teacher well enough. I got job offers in the last week of the course, and I was able to accept one of them from the time the course ended. I wasn’t surprised, given the fact that I already speak Spanish and English perfectly, and flashing my Spanish passport around was a very big help. Taking the TEFL Course, and getting some experience teaching English in Spain would be very helpful in pursuing my career in interpretation. I have a lot of business contacts who need translators and interpreters who work between both languages. I know that I had to learn a little bit of the technics of the English language in order to graduate. One of the challenges that I had to face when I was doing teaching practice during the course was the possibility of using Spanish. When they explained to me how to elicit a response, it became a lot easier. One thing that I was pretty surprised about was that TE Madrid didn’t need to be so helpful because I had my parents helping me in getting my residency requirements, and they helped me get set up in the city before the course started. They did help get my name and face known to a few companies in Madrid, and for someone who’s trying to get to know their own culture hands-on for the first time, they were very helpful in making that happen. To put it simply, I know how simple it is for me to come over to Spain. I’m pretty sure that there are many opportunities for me, and I like that it’s basically like a second home for me. I’m used to things in Vancouver, but being over in Madrid for as long as I was couldn’t have been easier, and I do have to thank TE Madrid for all the help that they gave me. I’ve wanted to make the move to Spain, and I’m definitely a happy student because they gave me a clear path to my desired career. I was excited to get started, and I’m working on creating interpretation services here in Madrid, so it gave me a lot to get started.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would probably change the season to take the course. Spring and Summer the best time in Spain. I did it in winter and it was a bit cold.
Molly

The TEFL Academy in Spain

There are a lot of TEFL academies in Spain, so it was important for me to know that if I was going to do something like this, that I would find an academy that would help me every step of the way! I was probably looking at academies all over Spain for a couple of weeks before I came across TE Madrid. I made attempts to contact the other academies, but TE Madrid were happy to get in touch with me almost immediately after I made my request, and it was just easier to understand what the process is from this academy. Don’t get me wrong, the other options that I took a look at had their advantages, but staying in touch with them was pretty difficult. After thinking about it for a good period of time, I decided to put my deposit down to take my course with TE Madrid. They got me into the course, and they were even helpful enough to have someone pick me up from the airport and bring me to my apartment, which was pretty close to the academy itself. I didn’t think that there was an academy that would be so hospitable. Finally, it came down to doing the course itself. I was in the room with a couple of other people from England, and the teacher was Canadian. We all went pretty far to make sure that we were relaxed going into this. It was tense with those first few days, but after a while, we were basically sharing our life stories with each other, and helping each other with our teaching practice. Another thing that I like was that we would be teaching within that first week. It was daunting, but when our instructor told us about his own experience, it made standing in front of a classroom a lot easier. That’s the great thing about TE Madrid. The class was intense, and the whole experience made me very nervous, but they did a lot to keep me nice and relaxed for the four weeks I was doing the course, and I think it’s important, especially when they want to be able to send good teachers out there to work hard. It’s a difficult thing to leave home, but what they do made me feel better about it. Another thing that I really liked about this was how the staff at the academy helped me get my residency application process going from when I started taking the class. It was an indication that Spain really appreciates the breadth of English Teachers who decide to make Spain their home. I thought it was going to be difficult now that the United Kingdom is outside the European Union, but they helped me book my appointment, and told me exactly what it is I needed to bring in order to get approved for a residency card. After four weeks, a lot of teaching practice, and my residency application officially on wheels, I had my C.V. typed up, and sent it out to academies all over the country. I was pretty happy to say that I had my first job offer within a week after finishing my course, and then I made my way down to Cordoba to start working. It’s been a wonderful experience so far, and I’m glad that I made the move. I want to thank everyone at TE Madrid for their part in helping me make the move from England to Spain. I want to thank Jordan for the amazing course that he ran, and I also want to thank the receptionist and support staff for what they did in helping me get a job. I absolutely appreciate it!

Study hard, to get the certificate it's going to be fun but you need to prove your teaching skills.
Matthew

about

I loved working out of the TEFL Academy in Madrid. From the moment I arrived, I knew that I was in good hands. The people who worked there, the students I worked with, and the practice that I received were all indications that I would be well-prepared to becoming an English Teacher in Spain! As soon as I finished my course, the job process was pretty simple. The staff over there were very happy to send my C.V. out to schools in the area to make sure that I wouldn’t, in fact, commute too far to my job, and they were also happy enough to stay in touch with me while I was looking for a job on my own. I didn’t feel like I was alone. A lot of people might be hesitant when it comes to coming out to Spain to look for a job. I humbly say to everyone, “Don’t!” It’s a lot easier than you think it is, and you’ll be in for the experience of a lifetime when you do come out here. Needless to say, I’m not a citizen of Spain, and I don’t have any family out here, so the Visa Process might be something that will prevent you from making that decision. It could be a very time-consuming thing. Andreea at the main desk was happy to help with any problems you may have concerning the Visa Process, and the Residency application. Those two things are very important to being able to stay in Spain long-term. Another thing that I really like was the fact you were definitely treated like a part of the family. TE Madrid is a pretty small school, with a couple of teachers who work there full-time. I went out with the teacher, and a couple of the students a few times while I was doing my four-week program, and I can honestly say that the course felt more like an experience than it did a course itself. Don’t get me wrong, there was a lot of work that needed to be done, and it was pretty intensive, but being able to hang out with the other students in the program (and the teacher himself, by the way) was something that really made the whole thing a lot more relaxing than I ever thought that it could be. To be honest, I didn’t really think too much about the course load, and it felt easier because of the tight-knit group of people I was studying with. We worked together, and we had fun together. We all took trips together, and we got to know an amazing city. It was a wonderful experience. I also liked that as soon as I was finished completing my TEFL Course, and walked out of there with my TEFL Certification, it wasn’t too long after I started sending my C.V. out to schools that I got a job offer. Again, this was something that I absolutely did not expect. The TEFL Academy in Madrid did everything they were supposed to, and a lot more when it came to helping me get started in Spain. I absolutely commend them for the job that they do with everyone who goes through there. So, should you do this? I absolutely think that you should do this if you’re serious about Teaching English in Spain! The staff is helpful and kind. You’re working with a group of people who are in the same situation as you, and you’ll be able to get the practice and experience that you need to be able to find a job after the course! Go to TE Madrid!

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
Churros with Chocolate!!! party the whole night in Madrid and having breakfast at sunrise with a bunch of new friends.
Allen

I love this course and TE Madrid.

I love this course and TEFL Madrid.
I am extraordinarily happy I came across those reviews. Everything positive I had read turned out to be true. The staff was professional and knowledgeable; the teaching environment was serious, relaxed and friendly. Ultimately, I learned more than I could have hoped for about what it is to be a productive teacher of English as a second language.

It’s certainly a difficult thing to take that first step out your door. You don’t know where life will take you, or how it will treat you. When people take their TEFL Course here in Madrid, the first thing that they experience is that they’re in a classroom with other people who are in the same position as you. I think that’s very important to me. I know that I don’t particularly like to do certain things believing that I’m alone in doing them. With regards to community relations, having a similar routine even in another language still has its charm, and it’s one of those things that makes me feel welcome as a Teacher living in Madrid. I like it.

I don’t think I would give any advice to my pre-travel self. At some point, that person eventually learned that there is a big, wide world out there, and the possibilities are endless. It’s the person that I am right now.
Alison

TEFL Madrid Academy is simply the Best!

The local staff helped me with absolutely everything throughout my program. I had already been in Spain for a number of years, so a lot of my things were already sorted out regarding hous- ing, visa, bank card, etc. Even so, there are always little tweaks and kinks in the road that you can’t really foresee, and the program was there to back me up literally every time. Every little question I had about my visa, even though I was already going through the process for the fifth time, they were there to help. All of my questions about what to do when I was unsure of certain things that were going wrong with my bank account, or even the right questions to ask when renting an apartment even though I had already done it, they helped me out. Everything from serious paper- work right down to little pieces of advice, the staff in my program were there to help me. That is to say, they even did things for me that weren’t really part of their job, answered questions that weren’t really their concern, and supported me so I could get by. For that I can say they are not just staff at my program, but they are people, even friends, that just want to help, from one person to another.
Even during the most confusing parts of my process, I knew I could rely on the academy to make things clear to me. Because of this I never felt like I was alone or lost. Coming to a new country and doing a TEFL class can be both daunting and confusing, and it’s important to have a good support system because honestly the long list of things to do and the confusion can be enough to turn anyone off from going abroad. But with staff like I had, you realise it’s not really that hard, it’s just new, and with them to help you every step of the way, you realise it’s totally possible to do everything that needs to be done. And so, you are free to take the first step towards changing your life without having to worry about a million things at once. Although you can’t put all responsibility on the staff, you can always know that they are behind you to give you any support you may need.

It’s awesome. You’re gonna have so much fun, honestly. I went in being all like, “ooooh I wanna teach English, I’m passionate about teaching so I’m going to get certified and follow protocol”. Fine. You should do that. That’s great. It could help you in the future. But you’ll come out with so much more than that. Not only did I leave my program with a handful of new friends, I also learned so much within the course, beyond grammar, and lesson planning, and resume organization. I learned about perspectives, and different people, and how to relax, and that everything is relative. I learned to fake it til I make it which, yes, is both important and legitimate. I learned that teachers are regular people too, just like students. Let me explain that one. I remember being in high school and seeing my language teachers for example, and these people who were not native
to the language at hand. And I used to think, wow, they’ve really got it all under control, they speak the language perfectly, they know exactly how to control the class, etc. Being up there in front of a class, I realised all the ways a teacher can mess up, and all the ways it doesn’t matter. Because my students will probably be sitting there thinking the same thing I used to think in high school. They don’t know what the deal is, they know what you tell them. It’s okay to mess up sometimes, it’s okay to be nervous, and it’s okay to be human. The best way to get through a class is to chill out and have fun with it. Think of it like a conversation or a collaboration between you and your students. You’ll learn from them the same way they learn from you.
That stuff aside, you should also know that your mentor and the staff will be with you every step of the way so you really don’t have to worry. Just get your work done, relax, have fun with it but still be productive, do it the way you think it should be done, give your classes and your work a personal touch. You’ll be fine, really. More than fine. You’ll have a ton of fun, and you’ll wish it didn’t have to end so quickly. That being said, stay in touch with your fellow classmates! You’re all here doing the same thing more or less. You’re (mostly) all in a new country, trying to get this certification and find a job. It is NOT a competition. Bounce ideas off of each other, share games and les- son plans, help each other when you feel stuck. Teaching and learning are very cooperative activities. Get and give ideas from and to your classmates and students, if you catch my drift.