TEFL Course in Spain, Barcelona and Madrid (Online or In-Person)

Daily group discussions and concept checking
Madrid Oxbridge TEFL trainees 2017
Madrid Oxbridge TEFL trainees 2017
MOHAMED ADAM
MOHAMED ADAM

Would you like to move abroad and live in a vibrant city where the sun shines all year around while you develop your skills? Are you looking to enter an exciting career that allows you to live anywhere in the world? How would you like to teach English while learning Spanish?

Take our TEFL course if you not only want to get the certification and experience to start your teaching career, but you also want to have a career path laid out for you even before you finish your training!

Get qualified and join Oxinity, an international community of English teachers that is rapidly growing and expanding worldwide and start working straight away.

We provide in-person training in Spain and online training that can be taken from anywhere in the world. In Spain, we offer work opportunities to our best graduates and we share a business model to those with entrepreneurial skills that can then be taken worldwide in partnership with us.

• Daily meetings with an experienced trainer in small groups - up to 5 candidates
  • Over 20hrs of real teaching practice in a variety of settings to all level students - from beginners to advanced
  • Weekly sessions devoted to developing your profile and presence within the English teaching market
  • Full access to our innovative teaching system on your mobile device - access the teacher portal from the very first day and get 'ready to go' lesson plans and the student app to receive the course material.
  • Connect with teachers from all over the world and become part of the biggest community of English teachers.

Yes, indeed we have. You can apply for a student visa once you have received a course offer letter from us. Depending on your nationality, that then allows you to stay and work 20hrs a week (which is a teachers normal working hours) in the EU for 6 months. You'd need to enquire about that yourself though! You can then either look for a full-time contract with a school that will sponsor your...
Hello there, Not at all, there are online courses which cover all the modules (Language Analysis + ESL Methodologies + Lesson Planning + Teaching Skills + Teaching Practice). You just miss out monitored teaching practice with real students. OxbridgeTefl has an ONLINE TEFL COURSE - Video Conference Course.

• Benefits 8.5
  • Facilities 9.5
  • Instruction 9.7
  • Academic Rigor 8.7
  • Job Assistance 9.5
Laura

TEFL Course by Professor Graeme Bell

My TEFL course in Madrid, led by Professor Graeme Bell, was nothing short of great. Graeme is a true expert in his field, creating a rigorous, deeply interesting, and most importantly super enjoyable space for us -his students- to learn the ins and outs of English language teaching techniques, methodologies, and approaches.

During our 4-week course, we met with Graeme four times a week as a group, while he also took the time to have personalized, one-on-one meetings with each of us, to help us develop further as future English teachers. He is personable, extremely knowledgeable about the theory of English language, and most importantly, a great communicator and teacher himself. He took us through the ropes with rigor, but also with tons of enjoyment.

I highly recommend this course led by Graeme Bell to anyone who is looking to become TEFL certified.

What was your funniest moment?
Pretty much anytime Graeme used his Scottish to crack a joke with us here and there.
Julio

Best and Cheapest TEFL course in Spain!

Excelent course for those who want to get into teaching. This course is Intensive but doable.
Great teachers and materials. You will have to do some of it on your own (mostly reading) so when you go to class you can discuss and digest the information provided.

I reccomend this course 100% also because it has a quite competitive PRICE
If you need help from the teachers you can always reach them and they are always willing to help.
Graeme Bell is a great teacher, he encourages students to shape their own teaching style after you have learned the theory.

After you have finish the the theory you can then do teaching practice supervised by experienced teachers that will guve you feedback. This is quite handy if you are a bit nervous before you teach for the first time, it boosts your confidence as a teacher and will let you test all you have learned over the course.

Albert

Great, Functional, usefull and fun.

When it comes to teaching there's always a doubt in ourselves, despite the fact that we've all been taught before. However, with that course, everything was straight, simple and motivating. The combination of practice and theory was amazingly well balanced. My teacher became also a mentor, a person who was always there for me, motivating me when I needed and giving me the confidence that everybody need when they are trying something that they haven't done before. Sometimes all that it takes is a little push, and I got that form the organization and the teacher. I believe now I'm a much confident man and a good teacher, who knows how to approach a class and how to identify if the students have learned correctly the information given in the class. Because overall, they are the main reason we teach.

What was your funniest moment?
OBSERVATION CLASSES. Some students, specially in group classes, are very fun to teach.
Adam

Excellent TEFL course

I completed the course in person in Barcelona, the course is thoroughly taught and very engaging. Guidance is given at every step and you are supported throughout and always encouraged to ask questions and voice any concerns or problems you’re having. Although being very comprenshive the course is delivered in a relaxed environment and isn’t too overfacing... even when discussing grammar. The teaching practice gives you really valuable experience and introduces you naturally to the rhythm of teaching even if you have no experience. You are also given a full induction into the teaching system and guidance on how to create interesting activities for students. Even if you decide not to peruse teaching after a short while the skills taught on the course are great assets and the material is very stimulating. Special mention to Graeme in Barcelona, our course leader who consistently made the experience fresh and thought-provoking! :)

Eric

Complete and confidence building course

As someone who was going back into teaching, this course was very useful for me. I learnt about a lot of different teaching methodologies and I was given the chance to apply it in my TEFL classroom, as well as in a real English lesson, where I had the support of an experienced teacher.

The lessons themselves were interesting and well structured, with everyone welcomed to participate and activities which made a lot of sense.

Overall, I think anyone finishing this course will have obtained the experience and confidence necessary to start teaching their own class.

I would recommend this course whether you have some prior teaching experience or not, highlighting also the helpfulness of the staff in regards to finding your first students after the course is over.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
We all took turns during one of the last lessons to teach a language the rest of us were not familiar with, it gave us a very good perspective of how a beginner student feels like during their first lessons.
Alexandra

Perfect course, great teachers

I took the course with Graeme and It was just what I needed to get the knowledge and certificate to become an English teacher. He helped me all the way and taught me the materials in a super practical and easy way. Even though I had some schedule issues, It was no problem to reschedule some classes and adapt them to my needs, even for the practical part where you have to be the one teaching (always helped by a senior teacher).
He was always very understanding with my situation and tried to make It easy for me (as I was still studying when I took the course).
Our classes were always super instructive and enjoyable since he always finds a way to make It fun and interesting for each student. You'll see how time flies!

Great value for money, and very supportive teachers.

Can't think of anything. In my opinion the course is very well built as it is, and professionals are perfectly trained and qualified to get you through the course.
Torleif

Great TEFL course from experienced trainers!

The one thing that I remember from the TEFL course with Graeme Bell in Oxinity, was that he was always helping me out. I knew nothing about teaching or about this business when I first started, but after the 4 weeks with Graeme I was highly confident in teaching anyone.

During the 4 weeks in the training I attained a lot of valuable knowledge about english grammar, teaching techniques and about the teaching methods available in today's society. It was very realistic based on the sources and content made by the company in the TEFL course.

Graeme was very enthustiastic about giving all of the new teachers the best education possible. He was detailed and systematic when teaching and I am very grateful for attaining the experience from this company. Thank you!

Give a more realistic view on how to be a teacher.
Paul

Oxinity for me!

I have been working alongside Oxinity since making the move from London to Malaga and completed my training in September of last year. I have found the Oxinity system amazing and very easy to use. The activities are there, prepared and ready for you to teach. They are all produced by us teachers here at Oxinity, so we have a format that each teacher follows and is also able to correct or add information at any time. In the event of a technical problem the IT guys do a fantastic job in making sure all classes and platforms are constantly running as smooth as possible. I have made many friends through Oxinity with everyone helping each other with activity ideas or techniques to make the students and also us teachers have a better class environment. I would recommend Oxinity in a heartbeat to anyone interested in a career in TEFL. Thank you Oxinity for my new lease of life!!!

Come and join the Oxinity family. We are all a helpful and extremely friendly bunch, often meeting up for a 'chinwag'. Since making the move from London to Malaga, I have met and made so many friends, both teachers and students alike, from all over the world!!!
Leonie

Highly Recommended

This course provider for the TEFL qualification was very well structured and provided excellent guidance throughout. I completed my course in Malaga and now feel ready to progress within the teaching industry. With insurance of support along the way throughout my career. I would highly recommend this course for people who are eager to become a language teacher.

Graeme was very helpful throughout the course and helped me progress through by rearranging times and teaching practice for me, due to the issue of me still working a full-time job at the time. I am very excited to begin my journey as an English teacher and further my knowledge and experience whilst being an active teacher. All the materials and advice given in the course will also be kept on board throughout as they are very useful.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
If i was to start the course over, i would ensure that i wasnt working a full time job and currently in the transition of moving house at the same time. As then it would give me more time to ensure that the work i produced was at a higher standard.
Franziskus

TEFL COURSE OxbridgeTEFL

If you want to extend your experience, if you want to outstand with your resume, or just want to improve your English for your next Job Interview, then you dont need to look further. You are at the right place. Here you can extend your Language, start Teaching and get your internationally recognized English certificate, with which you will stand out of every CV and resume.

What do you have to lose? Come and get your first interview. Do you like to teach? Do you like to explain things to others and help them acquire it? Then you are a good candidate for Teaching English. In our Collegianian Community, you will approve your own Teaching Skills. You will improve not just your Skills, but also help others to acquire the English Language. You will teach them how to talk one of the most talked Languages in the World. So what´s stopping you?

Its a fast paced course to learn English. You will have to learn the whole month and you dont have time to waste. Use your time wisely.
Mohamed

Teacher's testimony: OXBRIDGE TEFL (120 hours) - January - February 2016

It was my first visit to Spain and I didn’t know how to get by actually. Firstly, I neither speak Spanish nor Catalan. Regarding accommodation, Oxbridge did all the arrangement until the last minute. I was settled in a safe decent affordable flat with considerate flat mates. And the landlord was wonderful and very helpful, too. I was even given tips concerning transport.

The Oxbridge TEFL course was an intensive one (120 hours). The first week was amazing. I got to know my instructors and colleagues. We were only a few (small class size). It was a friendly environment. We had lectures in the morning (Grammar). Our instructor was highly knowledgeable. And because of the class size, we had more opportunity to participate. Later in the afternoon, we were given observation forms to observe experienced teachers teaching real classes in different locations around the city. The students being taught were from different professions and age group. The next day, we would hand over our forms and discuss the observations with the instructor and class. The instructor briefed us with feedbacks. It was a great experience and we learnt and benefited a lot.

In second week, we learnt about teaching methodologies and we were emailed assignments everyday and had to make presentations during lectures; and at the end of the week, we had a test. Regarding the afternoon time, we co taught with the experienced teachers this time. The Oxbridge class content covers: Structure, Vocabulary & Topic. So we had to choose one. The trainers observed and evaluated us as well as giving us feedbacks.

In third and fourth week, we had lectures about lesson planning and teaching skills. It was extraordinarily interesting and enjoyable. Each of us planned lessons and were given feedback by the instructor. Moreover, we were also provided with a comprehensive job support programme which would assist us in finding a job. In afternoons and sometimes in evenings, we were assigned more teaching hours. What was incredible is that we taught full classes on our own under observation of trainers. Once we’ve finished, our trainers would give us feedbacks.
To conclude, the course was intensive and it is important to help teachers in dealing with different types of learners’ level, age, style of learning, specific needs and assessing them. As well as it improves teachers teaching skills in order to achieve positive outcomes.
Honestly, I learnt a great deal about teaching and it is something to be proud of.

Pilar

Oxbridge Barcelona

In a little over two months I got to know the real Barcelona. I've been all over town, meeting people from all over the world who are interested in the most diverse fields. Through Oxbridge I got to meet a lot of colleagues, who have generously coached me on the specifics of a job that presents a new challenge: English for Specific Purposes.
With all the hours of observation and training, starting with a few activities and getting feedback from different teachers, it's been easy to get the confidence I need to deliver my own classes.
This course is one of the few learning experiences I've had which prepared me fully for the actual job .
Getting to know a beautiful city + working on a dynamic job is something I would recommend to anybody brave enough to take the challenge

This course is oriented to a specific teaching approach. I would have liked to get to know more about other educational theories.
Iveta

Oxbridge TEFL

The intensive TEFL course I took in Barcelona a couple of months ago was great and exceeded all of my expectations! First of all, all of the teachers were young, competent and always ready to answer your questions. There was no wrong answer or suggestions, all of the ideas were welcome and encouraged. Also, the course was divided into 4 units, a different one every week, so that the students don't get stuck on one topic. There's some exams and other assignments in between the lectures, so do prepare yourself for some late night studying!

The best part is the observation classes. where students get to watch how experienced teachers manage one on one or in-company group classes, followed up by individual teaching practices, where one can finally put all of the knowledge into practice and try to walk in the teacher's shoes!

All in all, I highly recommend Oxbridge as this company is a great value for money, has outstanding staff, modern teaching methodologies and a lot of experience.

All the best,
Iveta

About Oxinity

The Oxbridge English Teaching System was founded in 2002 by sharing many teachers' experiences and put together a wide variety of ready to go lessons in an online format. Ever since we started working, we decided to put our expertise together in...