Samui TEFL 4-week 120-hour intensive TEFL course

June course special offer!

We are offering a 15% discount on sign-ups for the 11 June 2018 course, discounted from 43,000 baht to 36,550 baht.
It's still peak hiring season so don't miss out! Please mention GoOverseas to receive this special offer.

Our 4-week, 120-hour intensive TEFL course covers every aspect of EFL teaching, with a strong emphasis on practical training. All theory is learnt face-to-face, meaning that you have a tutor on hand to answer any questions and assist with lesson planning. By the end of the course, you'll be confident to teach in the real world, from lesson planning to handling a class of boisterous children. Other aspects covered include understanding how to teach grammar, how to grab and hold your students' attention, and delivering fun, interactive, yet meainingful classes, appropriate to the students' ages and abilities.
The course covers English for special purposes (such as for tourism), and the practical training will be done in a real school environment, with various age groups.
We keep our class sizes small to ensure you receive personal attention during the course.
We also offer assistance with your CV and job applications, and cover Thai culture in the course.

• Teacher pracs in a real classroom environment
  • Located metres from the beautiful Choeng Mon Beach
  • Highly qualified trainers
  • An island tour is included during the first week of the course
  • All of the learning is done hands on through games and interactive activities

We have had many 'mature' trainees on the course. In fact if you read through our reviews, you'll see one of the latest ones is from Richard, who is in the age bracket you mentioned. You can also watch this video testimonial from a mature trainee: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzT6MO2Qzyo&t=11s As long as you are young at heart and keen to learn, we are happy to have you on the course!

• Benefits 9.7
  • Facilities 9.3
  • Instruction 9.8
  • Difficulty 8.1
  • Job Assistance 9.6
Hannah

Well Worth It

I attended this program with my husband and we both loved it. We were each able to learn and excel in our own right and the team at Samui TEFL helped us find jobs at the same school! Kathryn helped us feel completely prepared to go out and start teaching right away. We learned by doing--by example--instead of just leacturing and taking notes. But, in my opinion, the best thing about this course is how we could ask Kathryn, Chiara, and Ashleigh for help with ANYTHING. They helped us with our visas, recommended fun things to do on the island, and told us about yummy/cheap food in the area, and so much more. They supported us in every aspect, every step of the way. They made coming to a new country so much easier. If you are looking online trying to decide on a TEFL course, like I was last year, do yourself a favor and choose Samui TEFL!

Z
Zia

Outstanding Mentorship

This course is rewarding in so many different ways. I met so many great people: peers, students, and mentors alike.

The instructors are always available from start to finish, and are even committed to helping you advance your career long after you've graduated. It is clear from the get-go that Kathryn and Ashleigh want to see their students succeed, as every bit of assistance they offer feels both calculated and genuine.

Looking back on it, I feel pretty lucky to have stumbled upon Samui TEFL, especially since it was by pure chance. The facility, its resources, the faculty, and the overall challenge of this course are of outstanding quality.

Now there are times that you may feel silly going through the motions during certain segments of this course, but I promise you that there is a method to the madness. Never think you're too cool to try something different! Nearly everything that you learn in this course will help you in some way down the road. Just bear in mind that you will be under the tutelage of career teachers who have been in the industry for decades; they KNOW their stuff.

If you plan on teaching English in Indo-China and you want to do it the RIGHT way, then Samui TEFL represents the gold standard for just that.

Not much to say. All the resources you need are right there in the facilities, with mentors and instructors that are practically available 24/7.

There is no excuse for any person to walk away from this course feeling unprepared or overwhelmed. This course sets you up for success, 100%.
Kathryn

What an experience!

I did not know what to expect when I signed up for this course but it was definitely an experience of a lifetime. The course material may be challenging at times as well as sitting in a classroom and learning a whole new field in only 4 weeks. However the trainer, the group of people you are with, the island, the fun way that the material is delivered and the overall experience of being on an island with a group of likeminded people is what made the whole experience an amazing one. I would definitely recommend this to anyone thinking about it or considering it. Just book your course, book your flight and never look back. Stay determined, lean on others for support when needed and most importantly have fun and enjoy the whole experience.

It is up to the individual. You will get out of this course what you put in. Stay open, bring a good attitude and just enjoy every moment.
Tamira nora

What an amazing journey!!!

The decision of enrolling on this course was probably the best thing I have ever done! I had never done anything like it before, but I was definitely converted.
If you are thinking in doing a TEFL course, this is the one!
Kathryn (the teacher) is everything you would want to be. She is experienced and has the gift of making everything interesting and passionate. She teaches with such love, and that obviously gets transmitted across to all the students. She is amazing (believe me!)!!!
On the other side, Ashley is fantastic, don't be fooled by appearances, she is probably the nicest and kindest of all! She will help you in anything you need and more.

Not going to lie, its an intense journey, full of stress, doubt, excitement and joy. But it is all worthed in the end! You will come out the other side with a different perspective, so please don't hesitate and go for it!

I could have not asked for a better TEFL course...

Philip

Do it

If you think this going to be easy forget it. This is an intense but very rewarding course and worth the $$ & the effort you will have to put in.
Kathryn is a great teacher. She's firm but fair and extremely knowledgeable about teaching and what you will need to know in order to teach English as a foreign language. Just wait till you get to the grammar lesson!!
Seriously if you are considering a TEFL course give this serious consideration. Not only are you in a beautiful part of the world for a month but you are also getting QUALITY teaching and support...1/2 the class I was in had jobs before the course was finished. Why/how? Because this course is recognized as one of the best. As that athletic company says 'just do it'...you will be exhausted at the end but you won't be disappointed.

Kat

What an experience!

It was great. It is up to the individual to put in the work, effort and dedication which will result in what they get out of it.
Henk

Hard, but very rewarding!

So samui TEFL was an anazing experience! A hard and intense course but 100% worth it!

At the start it wasn’t what I expected but I left Samui TEFL with absolutely no regrets! Great course instructor and superb support throughout and after the course!

Whether its cultural experience you’re looking for or just another way to broaden your horizons in the educational field, I recommend Samui TEFL and guarantee that it’ll be worth it!

Just keep doing what you’re doing!
Blanca

great experience

Samui TEFL course its one of the best decisions í have made in my life. Katherine and Ashley make a great team and they are really helpful. The course, was really nice experience, i learnt a lot, Catherine is really inspiring and her classes are really intense, then you will have the practise, wich they take you thai schools and its a beautiful experience. I enjoyed the course so much i would do it again. The experience is incredible,and the colleages will become your family. Thank you so much ♡

Antoinette

Koh Samui TEFL course

I did my TEFL course in Koh Samui in January 2018. What an intense course! . . . . . but wonderful course. Kathryn went all out to prepare us for every scenario in the classroom. Today I am happy to say that I use the tools she drilled into me. Thank you Kathryn for a wonderful course. It is such a wonderful feeling to see that my students understand what I'm teaching them. The biggest compliment was when the company I work for said to me that the students love my teaching technique. Big thank you to Kathryn.

My advise to future students, be committed to the course and be committed to yourself. You attending this course for a reason. . . . . to make a difference in someone else's life. Go and make a difference that will leave a positive mark in your students life.

Julia

Great choice -- go for it

I worked professionally for 6 years after college, all the while thinking something was wrong either with me or with my life. Working in an office, even in the interesting field of book publishing, was dreary, repetitive, and uninspiring. Not the subject matter, but going to the same place, dealing with the same problems, and navigating the same corporate BS day after day... I kept asking myself whether this was going to be the rest of my life, and if so, why?

That's when I started researching ways that I might leave my country and work and live abroad. TEFL was a natural choice, but it still took me about six months to bite the bullet, quit my job, and decide to come over. I'm so glad I did.

The course itself is top-notch (Kathryn is extremely competent and experienced, and the course is well-crafted to deliver the absolute best in TEFL education given the short 4-week time frame), and the experience of meeting other people who've arrived at the same conclusion as you about "normal" life and taken the same leap of faith was amazing. Within a few hours of starting, I knew I'd made one of the best and most important decisions of my life.

I would strongly recommend the course to anyone, whether you already know you want to be a TEFL teacher, just want to change your life, or are looking to develop skills in people management. Most of the teaching tactics that I learned here are applicable to much more than teaching English and get down to the essence of people management and skills training, to the point where I felt I could return to the States and totally rock it as a team leader in a professional role.

I would suggest you take the leap and go for it. You won't be disappointed.

Facilities could be a bit nicer, and communication between staff and students could be improved.
Claire

January 18 course

An extremely fun and hands on approach to teaching.

The school is well placed in a town that has plenty of places to eat and drink, close proximity to a beautiful beach but still retains an unspoilt feel, it was an added pleasure to get to spend time and talk with the local people.

Everything about the course is intensive from the jam packed work itinerary to the group dynamics, I came out the other end exhausted and relieved, however, extremely happy that after vast research of TEFL courses on offer I chose this one.

Richard

DO IT

Having recently completed this course I can fully, wholeheartedly recommend it.
The course is intense, dynamic, hard work but most of all an absolute blast.
The quality of teaching is incredible and this gives you the confidence and ability to take the skills straight out into the wide world.
I met so many great friends during this course and had a lot of fun too.
The work can feel difficult at times but the support you get from the staff and your peers is awesome.
The course is taught in such a way that every day you are learning extremely valuable skills that you can transfer into your own teaching once finished.
I don’t regret a single second spent in the classroom and the teaching practices, although nerve racking, are an absolute buzz.
During the course, I could feel myself growing as a person. You meet friends from all around the world and learn from each other.

I would recommend this course to absolutely anyone. Never have I had a more enjoyable and valuable learning experience.

Jessica

Great experience!

I loved the interactive teaching style TEFL Samui adopts. We learnt in a fun way, the days were always so diverse and watching Kathryn teach was quite inspiring.

There’s a lot packed into the month so be prepared to have your work cut out but it’s totally worth it and the course equips you with the knowledge and tools to teach your own class.

Since leaving the course I have secured a job on the island - I’m very much looking forward to putting my learning into practice and doing it in paradise is always a bonus.

I would highly reccomend this course. I learnt loads, made great friends and have some brilliant memories.

Book your flight and get to Samui 🌴

By having a few more laptops for people to use at the school and a photo copier
Amy

You won't regret it!!

What an awesome course!! Samui TEFL will not dissapoint you!

The Samui TEFL was a great experience for me and I would advise anyone who is looking for a new adventure to try out the Samui TEFL. The team made us feel at home right away and went beyond my expectations.
They taught us more than just how to teach, but how to become aware of the new cultures and traditions around us. How to develop our confidence and build our own objectives. Team work was encouraged and I formed close bonds with new friends from all over the world, learning not only from the course but from my peers as well.

If you love teaching or would like to start; this TEFL course on Samui is just for you :)

Holly

TEFL Paradise

Taking the plunge to fly to Koh Samui to complete my TEFL qualification has to be one of the best decisions I have ever made.
TEFL Samui has opened so many doors that I did not know could be opened.
The course is intense but the support you receive from Kathryn and Ashleigh makes wen the hardest of days that little bit easier.
Kathryn pushes you to reach your full potential giving you the right tools and experiences.
The teaching pracs that take place within a Thai school on the island are the biggest confidence booster and enable you to feel confident on your first day teaching your own class.
I would highly recommend Samui TEFL!!

About Samui TEFL

Samui TEFL is based on the island of Koh Samui in the Gulf of Thailand. Our 4 week, 120 hour intensive training course prepares you for teaching EFL in the real world, as we have a strong practical element to the course. You'll do not only theory and...