Samui TEFL 4-week 120-hour intensive TEFL course

September and October is a peak hiring season!

***Start 2019 off with a bang!***
We are offering a whopping 20% discount on all bookings for the January and February 2019 courses, which are booked by the end of November 2018!
Use code JFPROMO when contacting us to get the discount.

Our 4-week, 120-hour intensive TEFL/TESOL course covers every aspect of EFL teaching, with a strong emphasis on practical training. All theory is learnt face-to-face, meaning that you have a tutor on hand to answer any questions and assist with lesson planning. By the end of the course, you'll be confident to teach in the real world, from lesson planning to handling a class of boisterous children. Other aspects covered include understanding how to teach grammar, how to grab and hold your students' attention, and delivering fun, interactive, yet meaningful classes, appropriate to the students' ages and abilities.
The course covers English for special purposes (such as for tourism), and the practical training will be done in a real school environment, with various age groups.
We keep our class sizes small to ensure you receive personal attention during the course.
We also offer assistance with your CV and job applications, and cover Thai culture in the course.

• Teacher pracs in a real classroom environment
  • Located metres from the beautiful Choeng Mon Beach
  • Highly qualified trainers
  • An island tour is included during the first week of the course
  • All of the learning is done hands on through games and interactive activities

We have had many 'mature' trainees on the course. In fact if you read through our reviews, you'll see one of the latest ones is from Richard, who is in the age bracket you mentioned. You can also watch this video testimonial from a mature trainee: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzT6MO2Qzyo&t=11s As long as you are young at heart and keen to learn, we are happy to have you on the course!

• Benefits 9.7
  • Facilities 9.3
  • Instruction 9.8
  • Academic Rigor 7.9
  • Job Assistance 9.6
Maggie

I had never travelled, taught, or heard of a tuk-tuk before flying to Thailand to pursue my TEFL certification. Thank goodness for the exceptional team at Samui TEFL. Inside and outside of the classroom, I never had a question that went unanswered. I always felt supported and rooted for, and when you’re a world away from home – that is invaluable.

Our teachers were dedicated to preparing us for classrooms of our own. I quickly learned how much thought, strategy, and preparation goes into each and every lesson. By the end, I wanted to send fruit baskets of thanks to all the teachers I have had. (It’s a lot of work!)

But it’s rewarding work. You’ll see the smiles on the students’ faces when you bring boxes of resources for interactive, fun practice lessons. The course is so worthwhile in that it stresses bringing creative approaches to education. It’s a hustle to learn to teach in four weeks, but this program will ensure that you leave with a strong foundation which you can build upon and tailor to wherever you find yourself teaching next.

And Samui TEFL helps with the “what’s next” part, too! The team made sure that we had access to and were connected with prospective positions. They will guide you through preferences, locations, and contracts.

My experience with Samui TEFL was positive and impactful. I learned so much and made fabulous friends. Bring an open mind and a willingness to learn, and the course won’t let you down.

Thank you, Samui TEFL!

Stuart

Samui TEFL - All Schools Should be Like This

Hi, my name is Stuart.
I have lived in Thailand for the last eight years. For seven of these years, I have worked in most countries in Asia and in all of these countries, English is not the first language. Living in Thailand where English is a subject for all students, I have witnessed and experienced the difficulty people have had with speaking English. With my experience, I believe I can make a significant difference to help children and adults to learn English.
From contacts I have in Bangkok, I knew of the Samui TEFL school and that it had a very good reputation, and I was not disappointed
Everyone in the school was helpful. Our instructors were professional and very proficient in teaching the TEFL program.
The students came from different countries and with them their diverse backgrounds, it really helped the class dynamics.
The course takes place on Kho Samui island that immerses you in a unique and beautiful culture. The opportunity during the course to have practical experience teaching at the local schools with the Thai children was enormously beneficial.
Once the course was completed Samui TEFL was instrumental in helping all the student get jobs. I now some On-Line teaching and will continue to work helping English teach in Thailand.
The friends you will make and skills you will learn makes this a lifetime opportunity you shouldn’t pass up.

The course was very good, the only thing I would have wanted is more class time.
Frank

Island adventure

Hello, my name is Frank. After graduating with my bachelors degree in May I found myself looking for something new and challenging. I heard about Samui TEFL from a friend online. After doing some in depth research I decided that Samui TEFL was the correct choice.

Everyone in the program is so helpful and inviting. From the first day to the last day our instructors were dedicated to the success of each and every student. The course is not easy but you are given the tools to succeed. The instructors give constant support and show that they believe in you as the student. Samui TEFL is a program that works.

The course takes place on an island that emmerses you in a unique and beautiful culture that can only be found on Ko Samui.

I’ll always be grateful for the experience this program gave me. I was able to find a job and start within a month of graduating from Samui TEFL.
The friends you will make and skills you will learn makes this an opportunity you shouldn’t pass up.

I found the most helpful thing for me as a student was being able to practice teaching in front of an audience. I would say more practicing in front of the group.
Richard

Highly recommended

I took the decision to take this TEFL course as I have always dreamt of teaching English but I was originally influenced by my parents and environment to pursue a business career (Economics & Law studies in Switzerland, followed by a BSc in Business Management in the UK, and finally five years in the “corporate world”). I recently realized I should pursue a teaching career as I have been tutoring children and (mostly) adults for over ten years and really enjoyed it, but never seriously considered making a full-time career out of teaching.
Languages open up the world and speaking three languages myself I want to share this treasure with my future students. And once I had decided to become a teacher, and more specifically a language teacher, I realised it would take a minimum of 6 years of studies and training in my home country Switzerland to then maybe get a teacher’s assistant job for another 4 years, whilst a) competing with younger and cheaper labour, and b) following a strict and inefficient ,,way of teaching a language. I also didn’t want to stay in the same environment I had experienced for over twenty years and wanted to have some independence in my class, and teach in an area of the world where English is more “needed” than in Europe. After some research I figured that South-East Asia would be the ideal place for me, and so far I don’t regret my choice for a single minute.

On this TEFL course I expected to be taught some of the necessary tools to fill my teacher’s toolbox. I was given creative ideas on ways of explaining grammar and everyday use of the language to students, especially those from Thailand and of a young age as I have really only taught French/English speaking adults so far.

After having completed the course I feel that it matched my expectations, I had been taught which are the main problems Thai students have regarding pronouncing English words such as Consonant Clusters (CC), Final Consonant (FC) sounds, Fricatives (F), where the Stress (S) lies and the issues they have pronouncing the “l” and “r”. I have also been taught techniques on how to help them pronounce difficult English words such as Back-Chaining, which quite frankly was a revelation. Finally, I have also been given some great ideas on how to motivate or cool down a classroom full of children through pacemakers and very creative games and activities they might like.

It is an intensive course, you will have to work quite a lot and dedicate at least two or three hours after class for your homework and preparing for the next classes. Get on the island at least a week before the course starts to sunbathe and party otherwise you will just want to go to the beach everyday straight after class, it is a very beautiful and fun place to be. Secondly, make sure you get along with your fellow students, you don’t want any negative distractions because the lessons and homework involve a lot of group work. Thirdly, since you are in Thailand you should get used to the respect teachers get and how highly they are regarded so a) your behavior and appearance outside the class must be impeccable, do NOT get into any trouble and respect EVERYONE especially in the area around the school since the locals WILL recognize that you are a teacher trainee, especially if you carry the Samui TEFL branded bag with you, do NOT become an obnoxious drunk “farang” (Thai word for foreigner), b) respect and listen to your tutors, they are amazing: highly trained and give great insight on how the Thai students and culture work. Point four, sometimes you might find a few activities or ideas slightly strange, but remember that Thailand is probably on the other side of the world from your home country and the course is tailored to the Thai market and focuses mainly on how to teach children. You will likely teach kids in Thailand due to demand and for your work permit.

My expectations of the course have been met because it prepared me extremely well on how to teach children in Thailand, both in terms of the pronunciation issues they may run into, and the grammar. I have also been taught how to
I knew the course would be tailored to the Thai market regarding issues the Thai may have with learning English. However, I wish I had been informed beforehand about the strong focus on teaching children since I would have preferred to teach adults. I acknowledge now that this is wise since the demand for Young Learner Teachers is higher and makes the work permit easier to obtain. I am however very excited about my new job on the island in an international school

less resourcing for lessons
Response from Samui TEFL

Thank you Richard for your lovely and detailed review. We are pleased you are enjoying your job at the international school.
Best of luck,

Shanice

Amazing Course, Amazing Experience!!

By far one of the best teaching/learning experiences I've ever had. You learn so much in a short space of time but the way the material is presented, half the time it doesn't even feel like you're really learning. Katherine makes it so fun and engaging and also includes EVERYONE! Every lesson has a "purpose". You'll take away so many valuable lessons and use them. Even if you're not teaching after the course, they'll still come in handy in everyday communication engagements. Also, you meet really cool people and make so many good friends. The support there is really like no other. They make sure you're going to be well taken care of by whatever school you may have an interview with and has plenty of advice on what to look for in a school and the area. Even after graduating and finding a school, Katherine and Chiara are still checking up on me and making sure that I'm okay and happy with my school and life after the course. I would recommend them to anybody looking to get TEFL certified ANY DAY. I would take it again, if I had to.

N/A
Response from Samui TEFL

Thank you Shanice for your lovely comments. We loved having you on the course! Best of luck with your new job on the Andaman Coast.

Morgan

Could not recommend this program more!

Kathryn’s program is, in a word, incredible. She’s able to pack so much learning into just 4 short weeks. The program is a sort of teaching boot camp. It’s quite rigorous, and you’ll surely feel challenged at points, but you will come out of the program a much better teacher (and person). Kathryn goes to great lengths to give her students the greatest chance of success and helps with job placement. I’ve met a few individuals during my travels who made the mistake of doing an online TEFL instead of an in person one, and I’ve come to realize just how useful our teacher practicals were. We received immediate feedback about our practicals. Kathryn and her team always provide honest feedback and constructive criticism. The classes are always energetic and interesting. If you are serious about teaching English in Asia or anywhere else for that matter, this is the best course out there! Get ready for an incredible four weeks!

Response from Samui TEFL

Dear Morgan
Thank you for your positive comments. We are pleased you enjoyed the course and gained so much from it.
Best of luck with your new career and travels.

Anneline

Great experience

I recently completed the course and love every minute of it. From the new friends I've made, the team work, the fun and laughter, but also the hard work, the intensity of the course and the feeling of achievement. The course is intense but I proudly walked away with my certification, knowing that I am well equipped for a job as a TEFL teacher. Thank you to Kathryn our passionate and compassionate course facilitator. You left me with a lasting impression. You are trainer and teacher personified. Thank you to the staff at Samui-Tefl. You are simply amazing.

Response from Samui TEFL

Dear Anneline
Thank you for your lovely review. We are also pleased you are keeping in touch and sharing your teaching experiences. We hope you continue to enjoy this new journey of teaching and travelling.

Zaynah Nadeem

Excellent and Worthwhile Experience

I recently completed the April course with Samui TEFL and I found it to be an incredible experience. The support you receive extends even beyond the course, and every single one of my classmates left with a job to go to! I would definitely recommend this course if you are looking to do your TEFL, as you will be able to study on a beautiful island, and will most likely end up with a job as it's reputation precedes itself.

Response from Samui TEFL

Dear Zaynah
Thank you for your wonderful review! We wish you all the best with your new teaching career and travels.
All the best

Hannah

Well Worth It

I attended this program with my husband and we both loved it. We were each able to learn and excel in our own right and the team at Samui TEFL helped us find jobs at the same school! Kathryn helped us feel completely prepared to go out and start teaching right away. We learned by doing--by example--instead of just leacturing and taking notes. But, in my opinion, the best thing about this course is how we could ask Kathryn, Chiara, and Ashleigh for help with ANYTHING. They helped us with our visas, recommended fun things to do on the island, and told us about yummy/cheap food in the area, and so much more. They supported us in every aspect, every step of the way. They made coming to a new country so much easier. If you are looking online trying to decide on a TEFL course, like I was last year, do yourself a favor and choose Samui TEFL!

Response from Samui TEFL

Dear Hannah
Thank you for your lovely review. We are pleased you both enjoyed the course, and we hope are enjoying your new teaching jobs!
All the best

Z
Zia

Outstanding Mentorship

This course is rewarding in so many different ways. I met so many great people: peers, students, and mentors alike.

The instructors are always available from start to finish, and are even committed to helping you advance your career long after you've graduated. It is clear from the get-go that Kathryn and Ashleigh want to see their students succeed, as every bit of assistance they offer feels both calculated and genuine.

Looking back on it, I feel pretty lucky to have stumbled upon Samui TEFL, especially since it was by pure chance. The facility, its resources, the faculty, and the overall challenge of this course are of outstanding quality.

Now there are times that you may feel silly going through the motions during certain segments of this course, but I promise you that there is a method to the madness. Never think you're too cool to try something different! Nearly everything that you learn in this course will help you in some way down the road. Just bear in mind that you will be under the tutelage of career teachers who have been in the industry for decades; they KNOW their stuff.

If you plan on teaching English in Indo-China and you want to do it the RIGHT way, then Samui TEFL represents the gold standard for just that.

Not much to say. All the resources you need are right there in the facilities, with mentors and instructors that are practically available 24/7.

There is no excuse for any person to walk away from this course feeling unprepared or overwhelmed. This course sets you up for success, 100%.
Response from Samui TEFL

Dear Zia
Thank you so much for your lovely words. We are so pleased you enjoyed your time on the course. Best of luck with your new career and travels.

Kathryn

What an experience!

I did not know what to expect when I signed up for this course but it was definitely an experience of a lifetime. The course material may be challenging at times as well as sitting in a classroom and learning a whole new field in only 4 weeks. However the trainer, the group of people you are with, the island, the fun way that the material is delivered and the overall experience of being on an island with a group of likeminded people is what made the whole experience an amazing one. I would definitely recommend this to anyone thinking about it or considering it. Just book your course, book your flight and never look back. Stay determined, lean on others for support when needed and most importantly have fun and enjoy the whole experience.

It is up to the individual. You will get out of this course what you put in. Stay open, bring a good attitude and just enjoy every moment.
Response from Samui TEFL

Dear Kathryn
Thank you for your lovely review. We are pleased you enjoyed your time on the course and the island. Best of luck with your new career and travels.

Tamira nora

What an amazing journey!!!

The decision of enrolling on this course was probably the best thing I have ever done! I had never done anything like it before, but I was definitely converted.
If you are thinking in doing a TEFL course, this is the one!
Kathryn (the teacher) is everything you would want to be. She is experienced and has the gift of making everything interesting and passionate. She teaches with such love, and that obviously gets transmitted across to all the students. She is amazing (believe me!)!!!
On the other side, Ashley is fantastic, don't be fooled by appearances, she is probably the nicest and kindest of all! She will help you in anything you need and more.

Not going to lie, its an intense journey, full of stress, doubt, excitement and joy. But it is all worthed in the end! You will come out the other side with a different perspective, so please don't hesitate and go for it!

I could have not asked for a better TEFL course...

Response from Samui TEFL

Dear Tamira
Thank you for your lovely review. We are so pleased you enjoyed the course and gained so much from it.
We wish you all the best for your career and travels.

Philip

Do it

If you think this going to be easy forget it. This is an intense but very rewarding course and worth the $$ & the effort you will have to put in.
Kathryn is a great teacher. She's firm but fair and extremely knowledgeable about teaching and what you will need to know in order to teach English as a foreign language. Just wait till you get to the grammar lesson!!
Seriously if you are considering a TEFL course give this serious consideration. Not only are you in a beautiful part of the world for a month but you are also getting QUALITY teaching and support...1/2 the class I was in had jobs before the course was finished. Why/how? Because this course is recognized as one of the best. As that athletic company says 'just do it'...you will be exhausted at the end but you won't be disappointed.

Response from Samui TEFL

Dear Philip
Thank you for your lovely review! We enjoyed having you on the course and we wish you all the best in your new adventures.

Kat

What an experience!

It was great. It is up to the individual to put in the work, effort and dedication which will result in what they get out of it.
Response from Samui TEFL

Dear Kat
Thank you so much for your lovely review! We are so pleased you enjoyed your time on the course and the island.
Best of luck with your career and travels.

Henk

Hard, but very rewarding!

So samui TEFL was an anazing experience! A hard and intense course but 100% worth it!

At the start it wasn’t what I expected but I left Samui TEFL with absolutely no regrets! Great course instructor and superb support throughout and after the course!

Whether its cultural experience you’re looking for or just another way to broaden your horizons in the educational field, I recommend Samui TEFL and guarantee that it’ll be worth it!

Just keep doing what you’re doing!
Response from Samui TEFL

Dear Henk
Thank you for your lovely review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your time on the course. Best of luck with your new career.

About Samui TEFL

Samui TEFL is based on the island of Koh Samui in the Gulf of Thailand. Our 4 week, 120 hour intensive training course prepares you for teaching EFL in the real world, as we have a strong practical element to the course. You'll do not only theory and...