• Cambodia

Pricing

Course with no placement assistance: $1,445
Course with placement assistance in Cambodia: $1,545
Course with placement assistance in Thailand or Vietnam: $1,595
TEFL Extension course: $725 (2 weeks onsite with practical training and job assistance, for those who are already TEFL certified, subject to application acceptance)
What's Included
Some Activities Transportation Wifi
What's Included (Extra)

Cultural tour and Khmer lessons during your course.

What's Not Included
Accommodation Airfare Domestic Airfare Meals SIM cards Travel Insurance Visa
Feb 02, 2022
Mar 03, 2022
0 travelers are looking at this program

Located near the UNESCO World Heritage site of Angkor Wat, in Siem Reap, Cambodia, you’ll find the same quality 140-hour, 4-week TEFL / TESOL course with highly skilled and passionate trainers, and practicums in local schools, businesses, and NGOs.

Siem Reap is a fantastic destination for its rich culture, great food, variety of adventure activities.

Cambodia is the ONLY country in South East Asia where you can LEGALLY teach without a bachelor's degree.

Salaries are high in comparison to the cost of living, and the locals are friendly!

It's possible to enter Cambodia during the pandemic, with a pre-approved visa, and the Destination TEFL admissions team can assist with that process.
All in all, Cambodia is a great ESL teaching destination for both degree and non-degree holders, and a central base in Asia for exploring (once travel restrictions lift!)

Program Highlights

• Located in the cultural hub of Siem Reap, Cambodia.
  • Easy access to the famous Angkor Wat Temple complex.
  • Open to both degree and non degree holders.
  • Great accommodation options across budgets, close by
  • Practical training with real students onsite

• 9-10 rating 81.25%
  • 7-8 rating 18.75%
  • Instruction 9.5
  • Academic Rigor 8.6
  • Job Assistance 9.1
Louis

What are you waiting for?!

Sometimes you just look back and think, I regret doing this, but I don’t regret a thing with DestinationsTEFL. They were professional till the end. What this means is the people at DestinationsTEFL run a tight ship, you are expected to follow the rules and not make a mess of the training center nor yourself.They put in effort and assisted when things became stressful, like when my visa was not going to go through. They went with me to the immigration offices and talked to the officials. They kept track of all my business regarding my work and stay visas. Honestly I can’t recommend them enough. So what are you waiting for? Just apply

What was your funniest moment?
One day our Trainer Tina had us play a game based on question and answer for you to find a person who shares one of your experiences. The experience was based on cloths you’ve worn. This trainer goes up to the big burly American and wanting to show what happens if you have a experience that doesn’t match ask him: “have you ever worn a thong” the class erupts and goes bananas! The thing was after we all stoped laughing he looked appalled. Apparently not due to the question, because this man just replies, with the honesty of a saint, “yes I have”. Never in my life have I seen a trainer so taken aback and a class go this crazy. I still tease him about it. Best moment ever
Kayde

Fulfilling

I didn't really know what to expect from the course but it has been fantastic!
Destination TEFL really do put you in a position where you feel comfortable to teach abroad.
They introduce you to the culture and you always feel like you are in a healthy environment

Well done Destination TEFL and thank you for the experience!

I need to make up 500 characters for this review and I have said everything that I could. So now I'm just typing out sentences to try and complete the minimum amount of characters.
Nailed it!!

Jeffrey

Destination TEFL Thailand

I personally completed the Thailand program. I felt lead, supported, and prepared to teach my first class to ESL students. Destination TEFL Thailand is well worth the money for the culture, care, and education. Mitch is the leader who will build your confidence. He is authentic and wants to see his students succeed. I am grateful I found this program and made a few life long friends along the way. Thailand is a beautiful country to reside if you want to teach overseas. The food is spectacular. The people are wonderful.

What was your funniest moment?
Playing educational games with the students. They laughed, we laughed, it was great to watch them enjoy education.
Terry

Cambodian classroom TEFL

The course is full on but very valuable for preparing potential teachers to be competent and confident in the classroom.
I joined half way through as I already had an online TEFL but I'd have rather done the whole month here.
It's so different learning online or in a classroom experience.
I highly recommend Destination TEFL.
...........................................................................................................................................................................

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I'd complete the whole month long course, not the introductory course.
Terry

Good!

Good training...

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would do a thorough SWOT Analysis and then travel to a different country altogether.
Martina

Amazing experience

It's amazing experience. You will learn a lot and you will have so much FUN. Our course is over today and I'm sad to leave this place and these awesome people. You will really feel like at home here. Everyone from Destination TEFL is so nice and helpful. Trainees are doing great job and they really want us to be successful. In the free time they also care and come up with many innteresting ideas and trips. Last weekend they organized Angkor Wat trip for us with amazing toour guide Chy and we enjoyed it a lot.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
frog but i didnt eat it actually but everyone else from my group tried
Response from Destination TEFL

Thank you so much Martina for your lovely review! So pleased to hear that you enjoyed the course. Please do stay in touch and enjoy your time in Cambodia.

Steven

Travelling to Cambodia

This was my first time travelling to an Asian country and the TEFL course has given me the opportunity to do this while also providing me with the support structure of becoming an English teacher, the TEFL Cambodia team has been very helpful and informative with the whole process of getting here and with all the topics covered throughout the course. I would like to give a huge thank you to Tina, Dylan, Chy and Willie for all their support and warm hospitality and I have been able to learn from all of them.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
A frog...never did I think that I would eat a frog in my life, but I believe you should always travel with an open mind and experience the culture.
Response from Destination TEFL

Hi Steven
Thank you for your lovely review of the course. I'm so pleased to hear that you found the process smooth and the team helpful.
Do stay in touch, and all the best with your TEFL journey.
Regards
Rose-Anne

Fionn

Best time of my life!

I wasn't sure what to expect when I arrived but almost immediately I felt completely comfortable. The information we were given in class will help so much for the rest of my teaching days! The practicals were a daunting experience at first but we all quickly grew more comfortable towards the end and then even began to enjoy it! Outside of the class, the culture tour and trip to angkor wat and other temples was unforgettable! Our guide, chy, has a vast knowledge about the history and culture of Cambodia and made it an even more enjoyable experience!

What was your funniest moment?
Embarrassing myself on the first day of the practicals!
Response from Destination TEFL

Thank you Fionn for your lovely review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed both the course, as well as the out of class activities and cultural experiences.
Best of luck with your new TEFL career and stay in touch.