• Cambodia

TEFL TESOL
Weekly Classroom Hours

Pricing

$1,445 USD
Course with no placement assistance: $1,445 ($300 quarantine rebate on arrival during the pandemic)
Course with placement assistance in Cambodia: $1,545 ($300 quarantine rebate on arrival during the pandemic)
Course with placement assistance in Thailand or Vietnam: $1,595 (not available during the pandemic)
TEFL Extension course: $725 (2 weeks onsite with practical training and job assistance, for those who are already TEFL certified, subject to application acceptance)
What's Included
Some Activities Transportation Wifi
What's Not Included
Accommodation Airfare Domestic Airfare Meals SIM cards Travel Insurance Visa
Jul 29, 2021
Jun 09, 2021

Located near the UNESCO World Heritage site of Angkor Wat, in Siem Reap, Cambodia, you’ll find the same quality 140-hour, 4-week TEFL / TESOL course with highly skilled and passionate trainers, and practicums in local schools, businesses, and NGOs.

Siem Reap is a fantastic destination for its rich culture, great food, variety of adventure activities.

Cambodia is the ONLY country in South East Asia where you can LEGALLY teach without a bachelor's degree.

Salaries are high in comparison to the cost of living, and the locals are friendly!

It's possible to enter Cambodia during the pandemic, with a pre-approved visa, and the Destination TEFL admissions team can assist with that process.
All in all, Cambodia is a great ESL teaching destination for both degree and non-degree holders, and a central base in Asia for exploring (once travel restrictions lift!)

Program Highlights

• Located in the cultural hub of Siem Reap, Cambodia.
  • Easy access to the famous Angkor Wat Temple complex.
  • Open to both degree and non degree holders.
  • Great accommodation options across budgets, close by
  • Practical training with real students onsite

• 9-10 rating 90.91%
  • 7-8 rating 9.09%
  • Instruction 9.6
  • Academic Rigor 8.5
  • Job Assistance 9.2
Martina

Amazing experience

It's amazing experience. You will learn a lot and you will have so much FUN. Our course is over today and I'm sad to leave this place and these awesome people. You will really feel like at home here. Everyone from Destination TEFL is so nice and helpful. Trainees are doing great job and they really want us to be successful. In the free time they also care and come up with many innteresting ideas and trips. Last weekend they organized Angkor Wat trip for us with amazing toour guide Chy and we enjoyed it a lot.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
frog but i didnt eat it actually but everyone else from my group tried
Response from Destination TEFL

Thank you so much Martina for your lovely review! So pleased to hear that you enjoyed the course. Please do stay in touch and enjoy your time in Cambodia.

Steven

Travelling to Cambodia

This was my first time travelling to an Asian country and the TEFL course has given me the opportunity to do this while also providing me with the support structure of becoming an English teacher, the TEFL Cambodia team has been very helpful and informative with the whole process of getting here and with all the topics covered throughout the course. I would like to give a huge thank you to Tina, Dylan, Chy and Willie for all their support and warm hospitality and I have been able to learn from all of them.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
A frog...never did I think that I would eat a frog in my life, but I believe you should always travel with an open mind and experience the culture.
Response from Destination TEFL

Hi Steven
Thank you for your lovely review of the course. I'm so pleased to hear that you found the process smooth and the team helpful.
Do stay in touch, and all the best with your TEFL journey.
Regards

Fionn

Best time of my life!

I wasn't sure what to expect when I arrived but almost immediately I felt completely comfortable. The information we were given in class will help so much for the rest of my teaching days! The practicals were a daunting experience at first but we all quickly grew more comfortable towards the end and then even began to enjoy it! Outside of the class, the culture tour and trip to angkor wat and other temples was unforgettable! Our guide, chy, has a vast knowledge about the history and culture of Cambodia and made it an even more enjoyable experience!

What was your funniest moment?
Embarrassing myself on the first day of the practicals!
Response from Destination TEFL

Thank you Fionn for your lovely review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed both the course, as well as the out of class activities and cultural experiences.
Best of luck with your new TEFL career and stay in touch.

David

In covid times, choosing to complete the course was one of the best decisions I could have made! Follow suit!

I was originally recommended to look into Destination TEFL in order to gain practical training following completion of another TEFL course online. I saw that the 140-onsite course offered in Cambodia had very strong reviews and was excited to find out more about the course. After reaching out to Willie (Operations Director in Cambodia) via a video call in Jan 2021, it became obvious that this was the right choice for me. I am so glad that I chose Destination TEFL and highly recommend the course and company to anyone looking for a comprehensive and challenging, yet fun experience.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
Not me, but one of my coursemates - chicken penis soup in the quarantine hotel in Phnom penh.
Response from Destination TEFL

Hi David
Thank you for your lovely review. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed the course and your time in Cambodia. Wishing you all the best with your onward travels.
Kind regards

Serafima

Great experience

The course was great! I learned a lot about efficient techniques to teach. Specially the procedure of planning the lessons became easy and clear. Now it’s much more easy to create effective activities and games for kids and make the classes more fun , engaging and effective! Our teacher Tina was great! I learned a lot of new activities during games. Also I learned about discipline! She gave all information in easy way and made the classes always engaging!!!
Thank you so much for this amazing opportunity!)

What was your funniest moment?
That was a Hindi class!) we were just the same as our students ))
Response from Destination TEFL

Hi Serafima
Thank you for your lovely review. I'm so pleased that you learnt a lot and can put it into practice. Best of luck with your teaching and do stay in touch.

Tim

Enjoyable, but hard work.

Very hard work with a lot of pressure at times. Support from peers and trainer is good, so is a great help. Beautiful hotel and centre, so leads to a wonderful learning environment.
The kids in the teacher practicals are an absolute delight and were engaged throughout.
Course content is vast, but taught in a way that you pick it up quickly.
Lots of homework means that social life takes a battering for the duration of the course. So, now I reckon it's time to have a party to celebrate!!
👍👍👍👍😊😊😊😊😊

What was your funniest moment?
The cat walking in to the classroom in the middle of a lesson.
Response from Destination TEFL

Hi Tim
Thanks so much for your lovely review. I agree that the course is intense, that is so we can prepare you will for your teaching. It has worked in your case as we see your posts on your classes and teaching experiences.
Please continue to stay in touch.
Kind regards

Jason

My time doing the course

I had an absolutely amazing time! The people running the course and hotel are the nicest people and were always there to help us and assist when we needed. 10/10 would recommend to anyone that wants to get out and explore the world and would recommend to anyone that feels like expanding on there knowledge of teaching. From doing this course I’ve learnt so many new skills that I was able to add onto some of my previous knowledge.
Siem reap is also a great City for the course to take place because I feel it’s a pretty small city and it slowly acclimates you to the Cambodian culture.

Carmen

My TEFL experience

This was an experience of a lifetime. From experiencing the rich culture of Cambodia in its purest form, and so many new and wonderful people, I am very grateful. All of the people that I met on my course have crept into my heart and I will cherish each one of them forever. The course was so valuable to me, and I am so grateful and happy that I took park. It was the most enriching experience, and I will never forget it. There are countless memories that I will cherish in my heart forever, and I would recommend this experience to anyone.

Enjoy every moment, and travel with a completely open mind. You will cherish the experience so much, so it is definitely worth it.