XploreAsia 120 Hour TESOL in Thailand & Online

My girlfriend and her work colleges
My girlfriend and her work colleges
eating with my Noon
eating with my Noon
Songkran 2016 in Hua Hin. Fun!
Songkran 2016 in Hua Hin. Fun!
View from the oceanside temple in Hua Hin
Some of my new friends enjoying one of the Pala-U waterfalls.

Our internationally accredited (OTTSA) TESOL course will prepare you for an incredible teaching experience, while our cultural immersion course will prepare you to live and work successfully in Thailand

Receive comprehensive training in teaching English to non-native speakers by educational professionals. Gain feedback from both the instructor and fellow peers in your class. You will gain an understanding of theories/techniques and be able to create exciting lesson plans for speaking, listening, reading and writing. You will also teach at a non-profit English camp in a Thai school.

Hua Hin, Thailand hosts the XploreAsia experience which includes a comprehensive orientation week covering Thai language, culture, history and politics. Visit an elephant sanctuary, train in Muay Thai and visit a beautiful mountain top temple. You will visit and be able to volunteer at our partner local dog rescue centre.

XploreAsia offers education, culture and adventure in equal measure!

• Benefits 9.2
  • Facilities 8.1
  • Instruction 9.3
  • Academic Rigor 7.2
  • Job Assistance 9.4
John

First class top dog second to none experience

Due to extensive experience of bad luck with many courses affiliated to different fields of interest i was very weary when first enrolling on this program back in April 2018. However the company has completely changed my way of thinking. based on an astonishing customer service approach.
Not only was I welcomed warmly on day one, and supported the entire duration of my course.....The company has gone beyond expectation assisting me further, a year on from training,
swift response to emails. good explanation in times of delay. very approachable warm and friendly..........
The course itself was very thorough. every key component explained in depth. the instructors want you to pass....I am dyslexic though passed with ease due to the kind and supportive nature of trainees. Never be afraid to ask questions ( i am a bit shy in that department)
I had a million questions regarding visas etc. the team are experts on everything...very knowledgeable and explain things thoroughly....
I would recommend Xplore asia to everyone.....having spoken to fellow teachers THEY TOLD ME THEY WISH THE HELL THEY HAD DONE TOO REASON BEING.....THERE WAS CRITICAL INFORMATION THEY WISH THEY HAD OBTAINED....THAT XPORE ASIA STUDENTS WERE BLESSED WITH.
In a nutshell 150 value for money

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
With great respect............I hate to end on a negative e though felt there were some hidden costs needed prior notification....e,g I had to goi to bangkok for a CRB.......then there was a month in rears for accommodation and then the visa run.....though on the contrary not worth moaning about as had fantastic training and now a great future helping children....i love kids

Jacko the crazy south African is fantastically funny and an amazing warm heart teacher....from experience in teaching.....we need people like him though be warned youll be in pain laughing
Cody

XploreAsia Truly Embraces Adventure and Changes Lives

XploreAsia was one of the best experiences of my life. From the first minutes at the airport to the moment you go off to your placement, the staff is there to help with all needs. The cultural course and TESOL training are world-class, and the family atmosphere is very welcoming to all participants. I went through the course in April and it was amazing to be part of the Thai New Year.
Moving to a new country can be difficult but having the support of a good company, like XploreAsia, is crucial to a smooth transition.
The best parts for me were the adventures, learning the culture and language, adapting to a different environment, and making lifelong friends. The experience changed my life and it was the impetus to get my Master's degree in education and continue to work abroad.

If you want to have top notch guidance on the absolute adventure of a lifetime, contact XploreAsia.

What was your funniest moment?
My funniest moment was when I got dressed in traditional Thai clothing (with makeup) and did a choreographed dance routine in front of 200 people at the school director's retirement party. Practicing for it beforehand was funny too.
Maya

XploreAsia Marketing Internship

I actually participated in the marketing internship at XploreAsia instead of the TESOL course. This experience allowed me to understand the back end of the company and all of the different programs to teach abroad. I learned a lot about each of the different countries that they place teachers in and the difference between each culture. This was the perfect opportunity to develop my marketing skills in an international setting. I wrote five blog posts to help potential teachers understand what XploreAsia offers. I also created instagram highlight stories for each program to feature teachers and aspects of the program. As far as the logistics of the program goes I didn’t have any trouble with the application process or the visa. The staff was always super friendly and helpful and answered any questions I might have. I’ve travelled before but I found it quite easy to adjust into my new routine working in Thailand. Overall, I had the best experience!

For the internship specifically, keep in mind that you’ll still be working 8:30-5:30 M-F so it’s not all play. Come in with some great ideas and projects so that the work week will fly by and you can travel on the weekends!
Sophie

Take the Leap

I was a part of the 2017 Sept/Oct intake and I had a really awesome experience. I did a lot of research, and if you're in that process of researching right now I'll make it easy for you. XploreAsia is the BEST program you will find. They have so many connections within the country, which always made me feel like I was in good hands. The cultural orientation is a great way to get a feel for Thailand, and you'll meet so many people that are just as nervous and excited as you. The course itself isn't easy but you learn a lot and they will not let you graduate until you feel confident teaching a class in Thailand, so don't worry if you've never worked with kids or you feel like you won't be prepared. As long as you've got the heart and motivation you'll be fine! GO FOR IT. You won't regret it.

Keep doing what you're doing XploreAsia!!!
Rosie

Xplore'd Asia

I loved my experience with XploreAsia in Thailand. I met 30 new life-long friends during my orientation and TESOL course, which was held in Hua Hin. I think XploreAsia is unique because it provides some cultural and language instruction coupled with the TESOL course. This was really beneficial to my success as a teacher and to my experience as a whole. Communication was top-notch and placement was easy to navigate. I would definitely recommend this program to anyone thinking of teaching abroad in Asia. Post-Thailand, I feel like my perspective on each blade of grass is different. I appreciate my life more and see the possibilities in every little thing.

Bridget

XploreAsia-BFITS Thailand

I had an absolutely amazing experience with XploreAsia. From my first day in Thailand the program did absolutely everything possible to make me feel welcome and secure. The TESOL course was very helpful and well prepared me for teaching. The entire staff at XploreAsia took a personal interest in us and wanted to ensure our total comfort and success as foreign teachers. After I received my TESOL certification I was assigned to an agent through the company BFITS. I have nothing but stellar things to say about BFITS as well. I met with my agent, Angel, in person in Bangkok. She walked me through every step of my contract and made sure I knew exactly what was expected of me. BFITS prepared me in every way possible with supplies and methods to begin teaching. They remained in contact with me throughout my teaching experience and even checked up on me once I was settled. BFITS felt like a family and I was thrilled to work for them.

I can't think of anything else to improve this program. These people know what they are doing and anyone would be lucky to work for them.
Maddison

Moving to Thailand!

At 20 I decided to move to go live and work in Thailand and it was one of the best experiences of my life! I made best friends, life long memories and stepped into a career I had never even thought of doing! I taught at a kindergarten and every day since being home I miss my kiddies! Since returning to my home country I been plotting and planning the next country i'm going to go live in and I have nobody to thank but XploreAsia! They made every step along the way easy and stress free, supporting you the entire time. They are aware that there's a 99% chance you've never done anything like this before and are there to support you the entire time! Even since leaving Thailand, any questions I have or favours I need they help me in every way they can and I couldn't appreciate it more!

Marius

Life Changing

In short for me this was a life changing time from the day I started my course at XploreAsia to the last day at my school, I have learned a lot and even the bad taught me that when life gives you lemon's,,,,,

Thank you for all that XploreAsia gave me, you made me grow up and change to a better version of myself

I ALSO met my girlfriend here that is Thai,, and AMAZING does not even begin to explain the change she has brought to my life, I am VERY VERY happy and BLESSED to have met her!

Kind Regards
Marius Benadie

I can just add that the money was for me personally an issue because I just brought as much as the recruiter back in SA told us and it wasn't enough, so on that and working with my agency ETC was an issue,, I never ever complained but felt like I was really taken advantage of and they should also set their cost apart and show us (their clients) how much they take of our salary, which in my experience was way too much for so little work from their side (they took 17 000 baht for themselves for only helping me on visa runs with instructions via line), but what I can say is that I learned a valuable lesson and got a foot in the door to do it from now on my own so that is a plus.
Response from XploreAsia

Hi Marius, thank you for sending us your feedback. We're really happy that you've found yourself an incredible life here in Thailand.

I wanted to reiterate that the agents do not take your salary. We go over this in detail during the orientation, and throughout the TESOL course. Schools pay agencies to provide teachers, to provide them education support, and to ensure that they always have a teacher at hand should someone need to stand-in for any reason. There is simply more to it than providing visa assistance, etc. Most often, this is confused as schools only pay in one lump sum, and most often this sum is written in one contract which is in the teachers name. We can see why people may think the agent 'takes' salary. But it simply isn't the case. Teachers get paid the rate that is agreed, a salary that is more than double the average salary in Thailand, whilst the agents get their own fee for services to the school.

Again, I'm so glad you've found yourself here.

Please keep in touch!

Alana

Amazing Experience with XploreAsia

I am so happy that I went through XploreAsia for my Teach in Thailand program. XploreAsia's TESOL course provided me the skills I needed to begin my journey in Thailand. XploreAsia provided me with the knowledge, support and encouragement that helped me transition to independent living in a foreign country. Spending a month with my XploreAsia Orange group, I met awesome people from around the world. These people ended up being my closest friends and support system during my stay in Thailand. I have loved teaching abroad so much that I am moving to Spain next semester and am teaching English there! Without XploreAsia, I would never have experienced the adventure of working abroad and would have never met so many incredible people along the way!

Kim

I highly recommend XploreAsia's 120-hour in-class TESOL training and certification to anyone who is considering teaching English in Thailand. The benefits of taking this course right in Thailand rather than studying it online are numerous, and XploreAsia's topnotch team of professionals is amazingly supportive all the way through. In fact, they're still supporting me with regular follow-up after the fact.

During the first week, XploreAsia provides an in-depth look at Thai culture and politics while also providing their TESOL students with a few hours of basic Thai language classes. I can't begin to explain just how helpful this was weeks later, once I began my teaching contract at a Thai school in Bangkok. The staff at the school really appreciated my extra bit of knowledge and understanding compared to other Westerners who didn't receive any cultural training at all. It was also helpful for us both that I was able to speak a wee bit of Thai with them.

The remaining three weeks of the course were filled with not only the same theoretical review of teaching methodologies that one learns through the online course, but also many hours of practical application within the classroom. We learned how to create and present various types of lesson plans, and we were able to provide and receive feedback from our instructors and each other in a safe environment while we learned. This in itself is priceless, but it didn't end there. Following this, we also got the opportunity to do a practicum at a two-day English camp at a nearby Thai school. So, again we received that all-important firsthand experience of dealing with Thai children in their natural school environment which further prepared us for our real jobs to follow.

Studying this TESOL course and teaching in Thailand has been a "bucket list" item of mine for many years, but I don't know how well I would have done if I'd just moved here on my own. I think I would have experienced quite a strong sense of culture shock if it weren't for the safe cocoon of XploreAsia staff and my fellow TESOL students around me for that first month. It really helped me to acclimatize to a new country so that, once I was on my own a month later, I was that much more prepared. I know how to live on my own here now. I know what I need, and I know how and where to get it.

Thank you for making everything so much easier and enjoyable for me, XploreAsia. I highly recommend your company and your TESOL course to everyone.

Anna

Incredibly Helpful Staff Provides an Excellent Experience

The XploreAsia team is excellent. In addition to being highly knowledgeable, they run a top notch program, and provide the support needed to ensure a smooth transition into living in Thailand.

I completed the program without taking the TESOL course, so I did a one-week program in Hua Hin prior to my placement in Eastern Thailand. Because the staff is well organized and efficient, I was able to absorb a ton of helpful information during that first week that helps me every day in Thailand. In addition to taking some Thai language classes, the instructors provided useful background on Thai culture and politics, and were available to answer any additional questions any student had. The orientation week offered several great field trips, including visits to a Buddhist temple, elephant sanctuary, dog rescue, night market, and Muy Thai lessons, among others.

Because I had obtained a TEFL certificate on my own prior to arriving in Thailand, I didn't stay for the full-month course but a week was enough time to learn what I needed to know in order to set myself up for success in Thailand. However, it was enough time to make several great friends that I've kept in touch with, traveled with, and will travel with in the future and on holiday. Moving to SE Asia from America is challenging for a number of reasons, and XploreAsia helped me realize what I would need to do in order to make the most of my time here.

I could not be more glad that I chose to do this. I've now been teaching for two months and while it's challenging at times, it's also deeply meaningful in a way that my career in America was not, and I'm grateful for that opportunity. The students are so endearing and wonderful, and this really helps when I miss my family and friends at home. I am also VERY GLAD I CHOSE TO WORK WITH XPLOREASIA. I cannot stress enough how important and helpful it is to have a cultural liaison to help with things like setting up a bank account, getting a Thai SIM card and setting up your phone, etc. These things would be a nightmare for a non-Thai speaking foreigner to attempt alone and because of XploreAsia and their excellent staff I've been able to enjoy my time in Thailand rather than spend it needlessly frustrated, as I surely would have done if I opted to come here on my own!

I highly recommend the program.

Honestly, the only thing that I didn't like was getting up early in the morning for the orientation classes. But I chose to become a teacher so it seemed like a pretty fair schedule. I still hate getting up early in the morning and I think I always will and yet I still like teaching, and you will too.
Jenna

Life-changing Experience Learning TESOL in Thailand

The XploreAsia 120 hour TESOL in Thailand was absolutely fantastic. From the moment I was picked up from the airport in Bangkok, I knew I was in good hands and would be surrounded by awesome people. The program, set in the beach town of Hua Hin, began with a one week orientation followed by the 3 week TESOL program. During that time we met elephants, took an art class, went to a pineapple farm, had Thai language lessons, met a Buddhist monk in an oceanside temple, and so much more. Our class was about 30 people from the United States, Canada, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, and Wales, and it was amazing! It was my first experience meeting so many people from other countries, and I loved learning about each of their countries just as much as I enjoyed learning about Thailand. We instantly became friends and had the most incredible month together. With the help of the XploreAsia staff, we were able to plan weekend trips to night markets, temples, and waterfalls. One trip we took was to Pala-U Waterfall, which was one of the happiest days of my life. Myself and two others from the program decided to leave our bags and cellphones in a bush (fingers crossed monkeys wouldn't snatch them) and hike up 15 waterfalls with just ourselves and the beautiful Thai jungle. We kept telling ourselves that we'd turn around after climbing just one more waterfall, but ended up making it as high as we possibly could. It was so extremely rewarding, and I will forever cherish that day...even though on the trek down I slipped and landed straddle split on top of a pointy rock, but hey, the crying and blood cleanup lead to a cringeworthy, hilarious bonding experience with my new friends. To create memories like that was the main reason I chose XploreAsia. Other programs offered online TESOL classes, but having that first month to make new friends and become comfortable in Thailand was essential to my success overseas.

While I was very pleased with my experience with XploreAsia, I would like to see the placement process become more transparent. We had a few meetings with the placement team where we were asked our preferences, but most of us didn't end up in locations or in schools in line with what we requested. While I fully understand not everyone can be accommodated and they did say that not all requests could be accepted, I would have appreciated knowing how decisions were made since placement seemed almost random. I ended up quite satisfied with my location and school, but it was certainly different than what I expected. Prior to my departure I was shown pictures of beautiful islands and beaches "in my town", but they actually ended up being several hours and multiple modes of transportation away from me. This ended up being fine with me, but having more accurate information about my town would have made the transition easier.
Dale

It was far more than I had hoped for or expected.

I desperately wanted to teach in a foreign country and Thailand was very appealing for this idea. Making this dream a reality on my own felt extremely overwhelming and deterred me from chasing this dream. Luck would have it that I found XploreAsia.

I was told that XploreAsia is a company that offered a cultural introduction to Thailand, a Tesol course and assistance in finding a job as an English teacher. What I received from XploreAsia was far greater than this.

The cultural excursions that were offered to us were educational, fun and turned out to be the best possible way I can think of spending my first week in the country. The friendships built in this first week between myself and the other Tesol course attendees was something I had not anticipated but had occurred I believe due to the awesome excursions that were offered to us.

The Tesol course itself was very informative to teaching English in Thailand and fully examined how we should go about teaching to the different age and speaking levels of the children. Our teacher "Zach" was able to answer just about any question no matter how strange it was and used his own teaching experience and stories to aid us in our learning. Knowing the staff had all been through the Tesol course themselves and had taught around the country really helped settle the initial nerves I had, also boosting my belief in what they were saying.

The staff at XploreAsia are AMAZING, its as simple as that. It felt far less like a company and more like a family. I felt bloody lucky to be welcomed into this family even if it was for a short three weeks.
The placement team will work tirelessly to find teaching jobs for everyone! They seemed to genuinely take into consideration the preferences and desires of each individual.

Long story short what i received personally during my time with XploreAsia was far more than i could of ever hoped for. Its almost impossible to truly describe what I experienced so instead ill say take the risk and sign up for the next possible intake. I'm sure you will just as I have come to understand that this may be one of the best things you will do in your life.

Essence

XploreAsia is great!

Though I didn't complete the 120 hour TEFL course, going through XploreAsia was the best decision I made when choosing to teach English in Thailand. The staff were very supportive, friendly and knowledgeable from the very beginning.

Everything was very well organized and informative. My week-long orientation was a great way to begin my journey in Thailand. The staff provided me with very helpful classes including Thai language and culture and would answer any questions that I had with no hesitation.

The placement process was very quick and efficient though a bit overwhelming because you have little time to prepare before you head out. But, the staff did a good job with explaining where I would be placed and the different attractions that would be nearby. They also made me feel comfortable enough to be able to ask any additional questions about my placement or agency and voice any concerns that I had.

Also, we got to immerse ourselves in the culture and experience what life would be like at our placements which I really liked. We were able to go on many outings during the orientation week and each outing was better than the next.

XploreAsia also helped me fully realize why I came to Thailand. I realized that I was taking a spiritual and mental journey as well as physical and I was able to reflect and release my fears.

I would like for placement only participants to have more time to be able to prepare to move to their new towns before they had to begin teaching so that we would have more time to adjust.
Brittany

Supportive, friendly team for placement-only program!

I only completed the one-week orientation and job placement aspect of the XploreAsia program, so I can't speak to the quality of the TESOL course. I had already completed my TESOL course (online through a different program), and just needed the job placement assistance.

The one-week orientation was really helpful to learn more about Thai culture, and also to make a few friends in Thailand! The XploreAsia staff is awesome - they're all incredibly understanding, compassionate, and personable. Even though the placement process is quick and a bit overwhelming, I felt like they really listened to what I wanted, and I ended up being placed in a city that is a great match for me. I think that what sets the XploreAsia program apart is the openness of the staff - they're quick to share their own personal stories, and they talk about teaching in Thailand as not only a job, but also a sort of spiritual journey. I found myself wishing I had signed up for the TESOL course, just so I could learn more about Thailand from them!