By Teaching House   Reviews (2)   100% Rating

Delta Course with Teaching House

By Teaching House   Reviews (2)   100% Rating

Have you received your CELTA and have experience teaching the English language? You may be ready to take the next step and obtain the Cambridge Diploma of English Language Teaching to Speakers of Other Languages (Delta). Providing a broad theoretical foundation and guidance for innovative teaching methods to teach language skills, grammar and vocabulary, The Delta will train you to develop individual techniques to teach and manage a class. It's a great way to refresh your practice and dig deeper into the links between theory and contemporary practice as well as follow your interest areas.

The Delta opens doors towards Academic Management, Teacher Training and Education Administration, and can be a viable alternative to a Masters qualification in some recruitment markets.

The Delta is split into three modules which are available either online or Face-to-Face at our New York and London locations.

North America » United States of America » New York

• Job Assistance

Paul
Leeds, United Kingdom

DELTA Module 1

I recently completed and passed my DELTA Module 1 course. I am over the moon as this test has always been one of my fears and I had been putting it off for so long. The timing this year was perfect and I went for it, but first I needed help and that was where Teaching House came to my rescue.

Helen, my tutor, was amazing and really helped me out. The course was structured very well and it helped to not cram everything but to really focus on each part of the module step by step. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Not only did I pass because of this course but also my teaching has skyrocketed and I feel I have grown so much more as a teacher.

My advice for anyone wanting to pass Module 1 is to sign up for this course because what you get on this is valuable for what you will be up against in the exam. Speaking for myself I could not have done it on my own.

Thank you Teaching House and thank you Helen for helping me achieve something that had scared me for so long - The DELTA Module 1

N/A

Alina
Tynda

DELTA

I took the Delta course at Teaching House in New York in 2014. Module 1&3 I completed on-line with a great support from my tutor Lizzy Adams. For Module 2, which includes input sessions, teaching practices, observations and writing assignments, I came to NYC. Overall, the module is structured similarly to Celta with a heavier workload and more opportunities to experiment (we had a chance to conduct unassessed lessons which were so much fun and always seemed to be better that assessed ones!) The most challenging aspect was completing the work in the time we had and we never had enough…
There were only five of us on the course and we formed really strong bonds with each other. Now, we are in different parts of the world but try to keep in touch. Actually, not all of us made it through all the 3 Modules (for different reasons), but I think all of us would agree that those 8 weeks are well-worth the cost , tremendous effort and the loss of sleep.
It was a fantastic learning and teaching experience. Teaching a group of multilingual students (from 7 different countries) was alien to me…their accents, mistakes they were making, ideas, personalities. Everything was different. Prior to taking the Delta, I had been teaching only monolingual classes.
The course made me a better teacher in so many ways. The most valuable ability I have formed and developed is being able to reflect on my peers’ and my own teaching. I never thought that reflecting could be such a powerful tool in professional development as a teacher-researcher.
I would definitely recommend this course (blended Delta) to those looking for a flexible way to progress further and update teaching skills in the field of TESL. Unfortunately, the Delta does not seem to be valued enough in China and it does not open doors to ESL positions at international schools where I hoped to land.

Begin your career as an English language teacher with Teaching House. Established in 2006, Teaching House hosts a number of facilities that offer extensive training in English language teaching. Teaching House offers full-time, part-time and semi-intensive courses for the Cambridge University accredited CELTA certificate, one of the most prestigious and globally recognized TEFL certificates available.

Students develop their English language teaching education through daily input sessions, teaching practice lessons in which they are given a chance to learn and develop effective teaching methods, and by completing assignments. Resume and job assistance is available throughout the course and overseen by professional teacher trainers with years of travel and teaching experience. With an enrollment of over 3000 trainees you can be sure that Teaching House will provide you with the tools, support and encouragement you need on your journey to become a successful English teacher.