Multiple Locations +5

TEFL
Weekly Classroom Hours

Pricing

$490 USD
The prices differ depending on what country you are doing your TEFL course in, so please check on the website for accurate information depending on your location.
What's Not Included
Some Accommodation Activities Some Activities Airfare Domestic Airfare Airport Transfers Meals Some Meals SIM cards Transportation Travel Insurance Visa Wifi
Feb 23, 2021
Sep 09, 2021

At the TEFL Academy, our course leads to a Level 5 TEFL Certificate (168 hours), regulated by Ofqual (UK) and the DEAC (US) so it’s certified by two government bodies!

This course will give you a strong understanding of what employers are looking for. Complete 20 hours in the classroom as an addition to 148 hours of online study. For certain employers, it is preferable to have some in class experience other that solely online, our combined course gives you exactly that.

You will learn so much from other students in the classroom and have the opportunity to actually teach! The 20-hour weekend class is designed to breakdown the fundamentals of TEFL.

Program Highlights

• Ofqual (UK government) regulated & accredited by Qualifi
  • Level 5 qualification
  • Internationally recognised
  • Free access to our international jobs board & help from our dedicated recruitment team
  • Free 30-Hour Top-up Course in Teaching Young Learners, Teaching Business English or Teaching Online & 1:1

• 9-10 rating 91.53%
  • 7-8 rating 8.47%
  • Instruction 9.5
  • Academic Rigor 8.6
  • Job Assistance 8.5
Beata

Tefl review

I really enjoyed TEFL course. The structure was well designed and it included all relevant topics that are essential when teaching English to foreign students. The platform was very easy to follow and l liked the layout as it was clear. The most enjoyable part was the practical component as it allowed to put the theory into practice and the teacher explained everything in a greater detail, so whatever l was not while doing the course, during the practical all my questions and queries were answered.

What was your funniest moment?
During the Practical component the moment of actual teaching, teamwork and getting to know new people
Sian

teflacademy.com

The online Level 5 TEFL course is a great course- broad and thorough. It gives confidence in teaching- listening, reading, writing and speaking; lesson planning and how to produce classroom materials. There are reference sections at the end of each unit providing further reading. The end of unit tests are fun. Assignment feedback is constructive. Assignments are marked quickly. The online format works well. It´s clear and easy to use. It is flexible and easy to fit around other commitments. I would highly recommend it.

1 person found this review helpful.
Sarah

Combined Level 5 Course

It's confusing to know which TEFL provider to go for but I would really recommend The TEFL Academy. I learnt so much and it's flexible because you can access the lessons in your own time. Assignments are challenging but really worthwhile because they simulate situations you will face once you're an EFL teacher. The course definitely helps you feel prepared for the classroom as each unit is very detailed and gives practical advice as well as the theory behind it. Overall very happy with the course and would recommend to anyone!

I would have enjoyed more of the interactive activities.
Michael

Flexible and Professional

This was an enjoyable course. Being online, there was a lot of opportunity to link extra resources and materials, which The TEFL Academy did well and often. The course work was engaging and flexible. The staff was very quick to respond to tickets, and were especially kind in letting me pause the course when life circumstances forced me to delay studying in order to move house amidst fire concerns. The experience The TEFL Academy provided has given me a good foundation for me to develop in the real and virtual classroom.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would have prioritized my initial assignment in order to avoid having to pause my course.
Jo

Excellent Course 10/10

This course exceeded my expectations. Well written and presented and easily accessed via an online portal. It was very thorough and deserving of the hours it took to undertake it properly. After all, we all want to be able to make a difference and do our very best for the people we go on to teach. The response to any online ticket was prompt and good to know there were humans at the other end to assist. The examiners were thorough and provided excellent feedback; by keeping standards high, it will ensure the TEFL Academy qualification continues to be highly respected in the marketplace.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
Make a proper plan, from the outset, for study time and stick to it. Found it really beneficial to have a quiet place where I could concentrate 100% on the course for several hours at a time.
Gregory

My review

The material was really well prepared. Everything was clear, transparent and easy to digest. The graphic layout was eye catching which added to the pleasantness of studying with the TEFL Academy. The slides contained relatively small chunks of information which made the w studying easier and more pleasant. I really appreciated the videos with instructions for the three assignments. I think that was really helpful. The feedback from the tutors was motivational fur further development. I really like the fact that I didn’t feel pressured but motivated and encouraged to keep working hard and give my best.

What was your funniest moment?
My course took place remotely thus it’s difficult for me to mention any funniest moments. But a fun and unique program experience, in my case, was connected to preparing all three written assignments. I really enjoyed going them since they gave me a gist of what it means to be a teacher.
valeria

TEFL-excellent course

I work as a primary teacher and I took this course to further develop my knowledge of teaching English as a second language. This course was really well structured, the feedback to each assignment was very detailed and I learned so many things from it. I highly recommend it to anyone who considers broadening their horizons. It allows you to work online from any place in the world, connect with students from everywhere around the world. This course is excellent for both people who want to make money by travelling and meeting new people.

Ali

Ali Suliman Al-dulimi

I'm Ali Aldulimi, I started this course back in November 2020 and finished it in early march. I enjoyed this course because it was easy to use and extremely helpful. Assignments were quite tough and when I failed an attempt, I was given feedback on what was needed to pass. It feels good to have finally passed and I will hopefully be able to teach anywhere in the world.
I'd recommend this course as it's an ideal way to learn and easy to use. Especially for people who have no experience in teaching.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
Get better grades on my assignments. I only managed to pass each of my assignments. Maybe if I tried harder I would have got a merit.