Combined Level 5 TEFL Course in the UK and Ireland

At the TEFL Academy, our course leads to a Level 5 TEFL Certificate (168 hours), regulated by Ofqual (UK) and the DEAC (US) so it’s certified by two government bodies!

This course will give you a strong understanding of what employers are looking for. Complete 20 hours in the classroom as an addition to 148 hours of online study. For certain employers, it is preferable to have some in class experience other that solely online, our combined course gives you exactly that.

You will learn so much from other students in the classroom and have the opportunity to actually teach! The 20-hour weekend class is designed to breakdown the fundamentals of TEFL.

• Ofqual (UK government) regulated & accredited by Qualifi
  • Level 5 qualification
  • Internationally recognised
  • Free access to our international jobs board & help from our dedicated recruitment team
  • Free 30-Hour Top-up Course in Teaching Young Learners, Teaching Business English or Teaching Online & 1:1

• 9-10 rating 93.62%
  • 7-8 rating 6.38%
  • Instruction 9.6
  • Academic Rigor 8.7
  • Job Assistance 8.5
Hannah

Don't wait, enrol now!

I would 100% recommend the level 5 TEFL course with The TEFL Academy. It was easy to follow along with and challenging in a way that I know will support my future teaching. The assignments were clearly laid out and feedback was always helpful and prompt. If you are thinking about doing this course, I would say go for it! It might change your life... I'm about to move to Vietnam to start teaching English! I can't wait to see what other opportunities I will be able to take advantage of with my TEFL certificate.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I'd make a more structured & realistic study plan
Rebecca

Incredible Programme for Individuals Teaching from Home

Phenomenal experience and amazing materials which helped me learn about lesson planning, different grammatical forms and built my confidence in teaching english a a foreign language. The assessments helped to test my knowledge and the assignments allowed me to practice finding resources, planning a lesson in different skill areas (e.g. speaking, reading) and with actual feedback on what could be improved so that I wasn't going into the working world without any knowledge on how to craft lesson plans and find authentic materials.

I think the only thing is that assignments are harder than the smaller assessments and they don't really prepare you for the big 3 assignments.
Marina

THE TEFL ACADEMY Combined Level 5 TEFL Course

I just finished Level 5 TEFL course with The TEFL Academy!

I had a wonderful experience, the course is very well layed out and it conteins great material and resources.

I feel like it prepared me well even though I do not have any experience in teaching. I am now confident that I will be able to teach and If I am even considering to continue my education with some of theirs top-up courses.

Teachers and admin staff are super helpful and really quick at responding. 1oo% recommend this course! Amazing experience!

Diane

Great course in so many ways

Having not studied for 20 years I was a bit apprehensive but the TEFL Academy was great!
The course material was straight forward but challenging. Great extra resources are provided for those who want to go deeper into a topic.
Loved the structure of the course and the online presentation.
They were also always quick to respond the few times I need to contact them.
Highly recommend this course. It's also great value for money considering you are getting a level 5 qualification compared to what other companies out there are offering.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Having to deal with grammar which isn't my strong point!
Owen

The Best

Excellent platform and accessible and thorough. Highly recommend this course which is presented in a topical, multifaceted and interactive way. Additional resources are offered and the support is second to none. The tests and assignments are well thought out and cover all areas. It is apparent that a great deal of thought has been taken in devising and delivering the material and the presentation and format is outstanding. I researched every platform but this course stood out in all aspects an I would highly recommend it.

What was your funniest moment?
Was the course what you thought it would be. No much more
Courtney

Excellent course

I really enjoyed this course, the materials and lessons provided were helpful and interesting. The assignments were very practical and challenging and I received very detailed and helpful feedback to help me with following assignments in the course. I would highly recommend doing this TEFL course with TEFL academy, it’s a great addition to your resume and a great job to do while travelling the world. I’m excited to put my certificate to good use and see the world while teaching English around the world!

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
I didn’t realise how much work went into lesson planning, it’s a good insight
Guinevere

TEFL Online Training

The TEFL Academy course is professional, thorough, supportive and very accessible. The material was current and easy to negotiate in an online format, and the support was positive, constructive and timeous. I found the presentation interesting, well laid out, understandable, and broken up into digestible chunks. The units were sequenced well, and the flow of the course is good. I would recommend it to anybody wanting to receive reliable and reputable training in their quest towards a vocation in teaching English to foreign students.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would spend more time engaging with the additional material offered in the course. I look forward to building on the knowledge I have already gained when I have more time.
Rebecca

Fun!

This course was a lot of fun, and although I haven’t been able to complete the workshop (thanks to Covid-19!!) I still had a good time completing the assignments and learning new skills.
There is a good range of difficulty but obviously a lot of it depends on how much people know already in terms of grammar and word forms etc. Learning how to teach students is very informative and helpful and brings up things that you wouldn’t necessarily think about before.
Although I didn’t need to, contacting for any help/issues seems very straightforward.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would try and complete it faster! I left my last assignment quite late so wasn’t sure if I’d be done on time, but thankfully I was!