Combined Level 5 TEFL Course in the UK and Ireland

COVID-19 Program Updates

Due to global health & safety concerns and travel restrictions related to the coronavirus, The TEFL Academy has decided to offer flexible booking options for some of their upcoming programs. Learn more about COVID-19 updates to stay tuned regarding program information.

TEFL Graduates Showing their Certificates from London
TEFL Teacher in the Classroom
TEFL Teacher in the Classroom
TEFL Graduate Teaching
TEFL Graduate Teaching

At the TEFL Academy, our course leads to a Level 5 TEFL Certificate (168 hours), regulated by Ofqual (UK) and the DEAC (US) so it’s certified by two government bodies!

This course will give you a strong understanding of what employers are looking for. Complete 20 hours in the classroom as an addition to 148 hours of online study. For certain employers, it is preferable to have some in class experience other that solely online, our combined course gives you exactly that.

You will learn so much from other students in the classroom and have the opportunity to actually teach! The 20-hour weekend class is designed to breakdown the fundamentals of TEFL.

• Ofqual (UK government) regulated & accredited by Qualifi
  • Level 5 qualification
  • Internationally recognised
  • Free access to our international jobs board & help from our dedicated recruitment team
  • Free 30-Hour Top-up Course in Teaching Young Learners, Teaching Business English or Teaching Online & 1:1

We've got four, yes FOUR new course locations in North America!

👉 Washington DC

• Academic Rigor 8.6
  • Job Assistance 8.5
Stacey-Leigh

Worth the money

The course was simple to navigate through and easy to understand. It started off easy and gradually became more challenging which I enjoyed. The course taught me a lot about English and teaching in general. I'm very happy with this course. The tests were good and simple as well. The assignments were challenging and allowed me to work harder. I liked getting detailed feedback from the markers. I am glad I took this course as it was definitely worth the time and money. I would suggest this to anyone looking to get a TEFL course.

I believe I encountered some spelling and grammar errors, so I would just improve on that.
Sarah

Level 5 TEFL

I found the content quite informative,and the assignments very challenging. I would have liked more teaching practice, however the extra reading options were nice to have. It gives you a chance to select specific sections that you may find useful. The fact that the material disappears straight away once the course is completed isn't ideal,as I would have liked to be able to go back over the course and spend more time learning and practicing more of the techniques suggested and go back over the end of section tests to refresh.

I would leave the material available after the course is completed
Jun

A challenging course. I'm glad that I did it.

I am a Chinese Professor of Computer Science and I wanted to qualify as a TEFL teacher to give me an extra level of skill in teaching and mixed-nationality classes where English is often the common language but sometimes it is badly communicated. I now feel more qualified to help students to improve their communications in such cases. Although I have studied English for a long time I found the course to be more challenging that I thought it would be, but now I have completed it, I feel good about myself. I'm now glad that it was hard to do because now I know that anyone who is TEFL qualified by the The TEFL Academy has a good qualification.

I think that the course is satisfactory as it is and I have no suggestions to improve it.
Manal

Excellent TEFL Course

I enjoyed learning about TEFL through the 168-hour online course. The material was comprehensive and covered all topics related to teaching in all kinds of environment. I also enjoyed the assignments. It was always very helpful to have the team available to answer any query at any time. The course provider also offers ongoing support in terms of job search, which i am looking forward to! Thank you very much, TEFL Academy! I am looking forward to embarking on another course so i can specialise further in this field soon.

I would keep the material available for access after course expiry date.
Liam

An interesting and easy-to-follow course

It's been a pleasure to study with the TEFL Academy. Their online course was easy-to-follow which really helped me feel a sense of progression and success as I worked my way through. The course content was really interesting and gave me the confidence to really want to pursue a career in teaching English. The in class part of the course was also really good; not only did I get to meet fellow would-be teachers but the course trainer was heavily experienced. Would definitely recommend this course.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
Teaching a room full of adults and having to pretend they were 8 year-olds was certainly a highlight of my course!
NALAN

Excellent opportunity

This course is very through and gives a great overview on teaching English. It prepares you from preparing lesson to managing the classroom. I highly recommend this course to anyone who would like to start a new career in teaching English. It's well organised to learn the fundamental skills you need to start a career in teaching or go further in your current career. This course helped me more confident. During the course, I was well informed and supported by the course organizers and mentors. Thank you.

It is well organised but putting a forum after each unit would be a good way to check learner's a progress. This way learners can discuss their experience, ideas on the topics and so on.
Linda

TEFL 5 Course

Great value course. Course materials - reading, tests and assignments are well structured and challenging. Lots of extra sites to refer to for more teaching guidance. Feedback from tutors is very helpful and constructive. Job sites and tips and hints for things like CV, cover letter are very good and easy to use. Lots of guidance given on current covid19 situation and how you can still teach during this very uncertain time. Overall I would highly recommend this course to other people wanting to learn how to teach English to foreign learners.

Nothing really to improve on. A well structured course and value for money
Yuliia

My Best decision of the year!!!

It is an excellent course! I am so happy with my whole experience. Although my profession is a teacher of foreign languages, I have found there lots of interesting information regarding the teaching methods to students from the other countries. It provides the well-thought and comprehensive materials for revising grammar and teaching different stages of the lessons to the students of different levels. Everything is explained in a very detailed way, so even for those, who did not study languages before, it will not be a very big problem to study the course and complete it successfully. Completing the course, has opened for me wide job opportunity all over the globe. To take it was, perhaps, the best decision I've made this year. Sincerely recommend it to every one who wants to travel the world and teach English.