Combined Level 5 TEFL Course in the UK and Ireland

At the TEFL Academy, our course leads to a Level 5 TEFL Certificate (168 hours), regulated by Ofqual (UK) and the DEAC (US) so it’s certified by two government bodies!

This course will give you a strong understanding of what employers are looking for. Complete 20 hours in the classroom as an addition to 148 hours of online study. For certain employers, it is preferable to have some in class experience other that solely online, our combined course gives you exactly that.

You will learn so much from other students in the classroom and have the opportunity to actually teach! The 20-hour weekend class is designed to breakdown the fundamentals of TEFL.

• Ofqual (UK government) regulated & accredited by Qualifi
  • Level 5 qualification
  • Internationally recognised
  • Free access to our international jobs board & help from our dedicated recruitment team
  • Free 30-Hour Top-up Course in Teaching Young Learners, Teaching Business English or Teaching Online & 1:1

We've got four, yes FOUR new course locations in North America!

👉 Washington DC

• Academic Rigor 8.6
  • Job Assistance 8.4
Courtney

Excellent course

I really enjoyed this course, the materials and lessons provided were helpful and interesting. The assignments were very practical and challenging and I received very detailed and helpful feedback to help me with following assignments in the course. I would highly recommend doing this TEFL course with TEFL academy, it’s a great addition to your resume and a great job to do while travelling the world. I’m excited to put my certificate to good use and see the world while teaching English around the world!

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
I didn’t realise how much work went into lesson planning, it’s a good insight
Guinevere

TEFL Online Training

The TEFL Academy course is professional, thorough, supportive and very accessible. The material was current and easy to negotiate in an online format, and the support was positive, constructive and timeous. I found the presentation interesting, well laid out, understandable, and broken up into digestible chunks. The units were sequenced well, and the flow of the course is good. I would recommend it to anybody wanting to receive reliable and reputable training in their quest towards a vocation in teaching English to foreign students.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would spend more time engaging with the additional material offered in the course. I look forward to building on the knowledge I have already gained when I have more time.
Rebecca

Fun!

This course was a lot of fun, and although I haven’t been able to complete the workshop (thanks to Covid-19!!) I still had a good time completing the assignments and learning new skills.
There is a good range of difficulty but obviously a lot of it depends on how much people know already in terms of grammar and word forms etc. Learning how to teach students is very informative and helpful and brings up things that you wouldn’t necessarily think about before.
Although I didn’t need to, contacting for any help/issues seems very straightforward.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would try and complete it faster! I left my last assignment quite late so wasn’t sure if I’d be done on time, but thankfully I was!
Stacey-Leigh

Worth the money

The course was simple to navigate through and easy to understand. It started off easy and gradually became more challenging which I enjoyed. The course taught me a lot about English and teaching in general. I'm very happy with this course. The tests were good and simple as well. The assignments were challenging and allowed me to work harder. I liked getting detailed feedback from the markers. I am glad I took this course as it was definitely worth the time and money. I would suggest this to anyone looking to get a TEFL course.

I believe I encountered some spelling and grammar errors, so I would just improve on that.
Sarah

Level 5 TEFL

I found the content quite informative,and the assignments very challenging. I would have liked more teaching practice, however the extra reading options were nice to have. It gives you a chance to select specific sections that you may find useful. The fact that the material disappears straight away once the course is completed isn't ideal,as I would have liked to be able to go back over the course and spend more time learning and practicing more of the techniques suggested and go back over the end of section tests to refresh.

I would leave the material available after the course is completed
Jun

A challenging course. I'm glad that I did it.

I am a Chinese Professor of Computer Science and I wanted to qualify as a TEFL teacher to give me an extra level of skill in teaching and mixed-nationality classes where English is often the common language but sometimes it is badly communicated. I now feel more qualified to help students to improve their communications in such cases. Although I have studied English for a long time I found the course to be more challenging that I thought it would be, but now I have completed it, I feel good about myself. I'm now glad that it was hard to do because now I know that anyone who is TEFL qualified by the The TEFL Academy has a good qualification.

I think that the course is satisfactory as it is and I have no suggestions to improve it.
Manal

Excellent TEFL Course

I enjoyed learning about TEFL through the 168-hour online course. The material was comprehensive and covered all topics related to teaching in all kinds of environment. I also enjoyed the assignments. It was always very helpful to have the team available to answer any query at any time. The course provider also offers ongoing support in terms of job search, which i am looking forward to! Thank you very much, TEFL Academy! I am looking forward to embarking on another course so i can specialise further in this field soon.

I would keep the material available for access after course expiry date.
Liam

An interesting and easy-to-follow course

It's been a pleasure to study with the TEFL Academy. Their online course was easy-to-follow which really helped me feel a sense of progression and success as I worked my way through. The course content was really interesting and gave me the confidence to really want to pursue a career in teaching English. The in class part of the course was also really good; not only did I get to meet fellow would-be teachers but the course trainer was heavily experienced. Would definitely recommend this course.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
Teaching a room full of adults and having to pretend they were 8 year-olds was certainly a highlight of my course!